WildFact
The Matimba coalition - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: The Matimba coalition (/topic-the-matimba-coalition)

RE: the Matimba coalition - jacksonsmash - 04-17-2017

FALSE ALARM!  HAIRY BELLY IS BY HAMILTON CAMP IN KRUGER!  APPARENTLY THE GUY THAT POSTED IT DOES STUFF LIKE THAT ALL THE TIME.   SORRY - DIDNT MEAN TO STARTLE

RE: the Matimba coalition - jacksonsmash - 04-17-2017

THE POST ABOUT THE GIRAFFE AND AVOCA MALE MAY BE AN OLD ONE.  WASNT A NORTHERN MATIMBA KILLED BY THE SAME COMBINATION OF MALES A WHILE AGO?
BTW IM SO HAPPY THIS ISNT TRUE.   IF I HAVE A FAVORITE COALITION IT WOULD BE   #1-MAJINGILANE    #1A-  SOUTHERN MATIMBAS

RE: the Matimba coalition - Lionpower - 04-17-2017

(04-17-2017, 10:01 PM)jacksonsmash Wrote: FALSE ALARM!  HAIRY BELLY IS BY HAMILTON CAMP IN KRUGER!  APPARENTLY THE GUY THAT POSTED IT DOES STUFF LIKE THAT ALL THE TIME.   SORRY - DIDNT MEAN TO STARTLE

Are you sure? Is it confirmed that HB is alive? If that's the case, you saved my day. Thanks!

RE: the Matimba coalition - sik94 - 04-17-2017

(04-17-2017, 11:24 PM)Lionpower Wrote:
(04-17-2017, 10:01 PM)jacksonsmash Wrote: FALSE ALARM!  HAIRY BELLY IS BY HAMILTON CAMP IN KRUGER!  APPARENTLY THE GUY THAT POSTED IT DOES STUFF LIKE THAT ALL THE TIME.   SORRY - DIDNT MEAN TO STARTLE

Are you sure? Is it confirmed that HB is alive? If that's the case, you saved my day. Thanks!

I was a little bummed out about this, glad it's a false alarm.

RE: the Matimba coalition - bdg79 - 04-17-2017

So glad to hear that they are ok.

RE: the Matimba coalition - Gamiz - 04-18-2017

And his brother is alive.

From Tintswalo Safari Lodge 
Safari update

A 3 day update

The morning of the 16th, the Mbiri pride was found on Rians folly. The Northern Matimba male and the Rockfig male were found at Skybeds dam. 

Yesterday afternoon, 3 male Cheetah were found Khoka Moya Dam. The Northern Matimba and Rockfig male Lion were relocated at Skybeds dam. The Mbiri pride was found at Lomfane pan.

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: the Matimba coalition - WLion - 04-18-2017

(04-17-2017, 05:54 AM)jacksonsmash Wrote: hair belly!!! NOOOOOOOOO!    IS HE REALLY DEAD?
i think you're holding back your emotions a bit.
you should express more concerns a let it all out.

RE: the Matimba coalition - sik94 - 04-18-2017

(04-18-2017, 03:22 AM)Gamiz Wrote: And his brother is alive.

Safari update

A 3 day update

The morning of the 16th, the Mbiri pride was found on Rians folly. The Northern Matimba male and the Rockfig male were found at Skybeds dam. 

Yesterday afternoon, 3 male Cheetah were found Khoka Moya Dam. The Northern Matimba and Rockfig male Lion were relocated at Skybeds dam. The Mbiri pride was found at Lomfane pan.

Have these two formed a coalition? The matimba atleast has some security now if something was to go down.

RE: the Matimba coalition - NCAT33 - 04-18-2017

@sik94.... I had the same question.

RE: the Matimba coalition - Fredymrt - 04-20-2017

The 3 matimbas are alive, will post some photos later

Red Circle: Northen matimba

Blue Circle: 2 Southern Matimbas

RE: the Matimba coalition - Fredymrt - 04-20-2017

Matimba Male H.B in hoyo hoyo lodge
April 20, 2017

Photo credit: Imbali
April 21,2017

one of the males in the MIuwati Concession.

RE: the Matimba coalition - Fredymrt - 04-22-2017

This video was Taken in Hoyo Hoyo where Hairy Belly was seen 2 days ago. It is not clear from the video but I strongly believe these two boys look like the Matimbas ( HB & Ginger.

RE: the Matimba coalition - Lovewaghdoh - 04-25-2017

(08-24-2016, 08:10 AM)Gamiz Wrote: From Matimba Males FB

Here's a photo of the last two Northern Matimba's. Photo taken on the 27th July 2016 in KNP. The Matimba males were a coalition of 6 male lions but there's only 4 Matimba males left now. One Matimba male was killed in 2011/12, one Matimba male was killed by the Avoca males in 2015, 2 Matimba males are in Sabi Sands now and the other two Matimba males are in the KNP. The Northern Matimba's had a territory in Ngala Game Reserve but they were ousted a few months ago. Credits: Gert at Tambuzi.

Nduna  lost in July,2013. The last time he appeared in imbali lodge

RE: the Matimba coalition - Gamiz - 04-26-2017

(04-18-2017, 07:34 AM)sik94 Wrote:
(04-18-2017, 03:22 AM)Gamiz Wrote: And his brother is alive.

Safari update

A 3 day update

Have these two formed a coalition? The matimba atleast has some security now if something was to go down.
Yes:
Northern Matimba-Tintswalo Lodge-April 24,2017

The Matimba male that we encountered a few nights ago in the North of the Reserve was kind enough to vocalise for us. His partner in crime (Rock Fig male) joined in and the two kings gave us a thunderous performance that left us all struck with awe!!

RE: the Matimba coalition - Lionpower - 04-28-2017

Any update on my boys? the last time the brothers were aprox. 25km apart. Did they come any closer?