WildFact
The Mighty Mapogos - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: The Mighty Mapogos (/topic-the-mighty-mapogos)

RE: The mighty Mapogos - fursan syed - 12-14-2017

Kinky Tail Mapogo

credits unknown

*This image is copyright of its original author

The Mlowathi Male Kinky Tail

credits unknown

Kinky Tail Mapogo Crossing the river

Credits Unknown

The Dominant Mlowathi Male Mohawk

credits unknown

Short Maned Mapogo Mr.T

Credits Unknown

Aftermath of a Battle Between 2 Mapogo Brothers (Makhulu and Mr.T) for the lioness in oestrus...
at Elephant Plains
Dated : December 2007
Credits K.Klim

Makhulu Mapogo with facial injuries

Mr.T with New Scars

Mr.T with his Price

RE: The mighty Mapogos - fursan syed - 12-21-2017

October 2005

The Mapogos were starting to establish themselves and gaining confidence. We often remember the Rollercoaster Males at their end hiding from the Mapogos but in this time the Rollercoaster males were still the Kings and Mapogos knew better than to tangle with them.....but that would change soon. 
By Gabriel Contreras .....

A Confrontation between Mapogo Males and Skukuza Males.

The largest Eyrefield Pride contingent seen in October consisted of 11 lions, namely 6 females and 5 males. These 11 lions were seen together just once and they were feeding on a buffalo carcass on the Kapen River near Styx Crossing. A day prior to the Eyrefield Pride arriving on the scene of this buffalo carcass three of the Skukuza Males were feeding on it. Indications are that the Eyrefield Pride, boosted by the presence of 5 males, claimed the kill from the Skukuza Males. The Skukuza Males, however, remained in the area and there was something of a non-violent stand-off. The nature of interactions between the Skukuza Males and Eyrefield Males suggested that neither coalition can yet be considered to be fully territorial. A few months ago already it seemed that some of the Eyrefield Males were establishing themselves as a territorial coalition, but the resurgence of the Rollercoaster Males in the southern parts of the reserve seems to have at least temporarily halted the march of the Eyrefield Males.

A.C goes to Mala Mala
P.C Unknown

RE: The mighty Mapogos - Fredymrt - 12-26-2017

(12-14-2017, 10:20 PM)fursan syed Wrote: Big Mak Mapogo

Credits Unknown

It's not him, this is one of the Majingilane males 3-tooth aka golden mane he was accompanied by Dark mane.
picture was taken june 5, of 2011 by Cedric dold

On the left side (picture was taken on June 5 2011 before the fight with the young selati males) & On the right side ( picture was taken on Aug 2011)

RE: The mighty Mapogos - Tshokwane - 12-26-2017

(12-14-2017, 10:30 PM)fursan syed Wrote: The king of eastern and Central Sabi sands

Kinky Tail / Shaka Mapogo

Credits Unknown

Isn't this Mak or maybe Dreadlocks? No kink in the tail.

RE: The mighty Mapogos - fursan syed - 12-27-2017

(12-26-2017, 08:50 PM)Tshokwane Wrote:
(12-14-2017, 10:30 PM)fursan syed Wrote: The king of eastern and Central Sabi sands

Kinky Tail / Shaka Mapogo

Credits Unknown

Isn't this Mak or maybe Dreadlocks? No kink in the tail.

since the credits are unknown i am not 100 percent sure. but it could be a camera angle. his mane and small snout makes me believe he could be shaka

RE: The mighty Mapogos - Tshokwane - 12-27-2017

(12-27-2017, 12:16 AM)fursan syed Wrote: since the credits are unknown i am not 100 percent sure. but it could be a camera angle. his mane and small snout makes me believe he could be shaka

the mane is somewhat likely, but check the others pic of him you have uploaded, like , 1359, 1366 or 1375. It's more than the just the camera angle, he didn't control that broken tip.

RE: The mighty Mapogos - fursan syed - 12-27-2017

ok i am deleting those two pics. as i am not sure exactly who are they . i just believed on a chinese forum from where i took those 2 pics

RE: The mighty Mapogos - Tshokwane - 12-29-2017

Credits to Heinrich Röntgen.

Mr.T and Pretty boy on patrol.

RE: The mighty Mapogos - Prototype - 01-04-2018

Does anybody have any info about this mighty coalition prior 2006. before they enter in Sabi Sands ? I'm curious did they had any territory in KNP prior 2006. Makhulu in 2005. was like 7 year old, Dred, Rasta and PB were already big lions. Big Mak the biggest, therefore first in line for pride takeovers, also had most scars on his face. With him they were able to make takeover right away after leaving old Eyrefield/Sparta pride, and like i said other 3 lions were preatty big, with 2. youngsters Shaka and Mr.T, number games were on their side from very beginning.

RE: The mighty Mapogos - Tshokwane - 01-14-2018

Credits to Mitchell Krog.

Profile of a Warrior

The late and very famous Mr T of the Mapogo Lion Coalition that once ruled the Sabi Sands.