WildFact
The Mighty Mapogos - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: The Mighty Mapogos (/topic-the-mighty-mapogos)

RE: The Mighty Mapogos - Potato - 07-07-2023

(07-07-2023, 03:17 AM)lucas_kruger Wrote: and guys can anyone answer my question, I saw some videos of the mapogos near the guides/rangers, a guide has a bench that is literally close to the mapogos, but the mapogos and other wild animals have no contact with humans, how is that possible of the mapogos not attacking the guides/rangers?

*This image is copyright of its original author

Lions seee people in vehicles as one metal, not eatable think and therefore shows no intrest in them. If people would be just walking the road out of vehicle then that would be a different story.

RE: The Mighty Mapogos - Ttimemarti - 07-07-2023

(07-07-2023, 03:21 AM)Potato Wrote:
(07-07-2023, 03:17 AM)lucas_kruger Wrote: and guys can anyone answer my question, I saw some videos of the mapogos near the guides/rangers, a guide has a bench that is literally close to the mapogos, but the mapogos and other wild animals have no contact with humans, how is that possible of the mapogos not attacking the guides/rangers?

Lions seee people in vehicles as one metal, not eatable think and therefore shows no intrest in them. If people would be just walking the road out of vehicle then that would be a different story.

But don’t they do that in sabi sands I’ve seen it many times the guide and the guests are all out of the vehicle walking around or eating how do they know it’s safe?

RE: The Mighty Mapogos - 1999gc8 - 07-10-2023

Around the time Dark Mane Avoca died from the buffalo attack I had mentioned a video showing Pretty Boy getting smashed by buffalo and apparently this was one of the incidents to why he got the name Phoenix.

I was asked if I had the clip to post in mapago thread as some might not have seen it but couldn't find it at the time but by luck I found it today. The footage starts at 12:03. Quite brutal to watch.

RE: The Mighty Mapogos - Mapokser - 07-10-2023

PB looked as dead as you can get in that clip, the fact he survived without permanent damage is insane.

RE: The Mighty Mapogos - BA0701 - 07-12-2023

(07-10-2023, 02:00 PM)1999gc8 Wrote: Around the time Dark Mane Avoca died from the buffalo attack I had mentioned a video showing Pretty Boy getting smashed by buffalo and apparently this was one of the incidents to why he got the name Phoenix.

I was asked if I had the clip to post in mapago thread as some might not have seen it but couldn't find it at the time but by luck I found it today. The footage starts at 12:03. Quite brutal to watch.

Wow, simply amazing stuff. I agree, his moniker of Pheonix was most deserved. What a remarkable lion he was.

RE: The Mighty Mapogos - afortich - 07-12-2023

(07-10-2023, 02:00 PM)1999gc8 Wrote: Around the time Dark Mane Avoca died from the buffalo attack I had mentioned a video showing Pretty Boy getting smashed by buffalo and apparently this was one of the incidents to why he got the name Phoenix.

I do remember you mentioned this video. DM was a little worse but it is impressive how PB survived.

RE: The Mighty Mapogos - afortich - 07-12-2023

(07-12-2023, 08:49 PM)BA0701 Wrote:

Wow, simply amazing stuff. I agree, his moniker of Pheonix was most deserved. What a remarkable lion he was.

@BA0701 it's been a while, missing your comments bro Like .

RE: The Mighty Mapogos - BA0701 - 07-12-2023

(07-12-2023, 09:39 PM)afortich Wrote:
(07-12-2023, 08:49 PM)BA0701 Wrote:

@BA0701 it's been a while, missing your comments bro Like .

Thank you very much, my friend @afortich, it feels really good to be back. Just trying to get back into the swing of things, it's a long and slow process.

RE: The Mighty Mapogos - Mapokser - 07-14-2023

Manghenis in 2017 by Promise Mashile:

The one on the left reminding me of Makhulu, the one on the right has a similar facial structure/head shape to Auntie Othawa IMO, Auntie who had a very distinct face and weird head shape, but I could never convince myself of who I thought was most likely to be her father and my best guess is Kinky Tail who sometimes looks like he has a similar head shape.

Now this one \/

Reminding me of the one and only Mr.T:

By Khimbini.

By Rob Vamphew.

That Mangheni had a long thin head like Mr.T and looked slit-eyed. Both Mr.T and KT sometimes displayed very similar eyes.

RE: The Mighty Mapogos - lucas_kruger - 07-17-2023

talking about the clip of the pretty boy being attacked by a herd of buffaloes and getting gored from all angles without taking any damage, it's amazing, what impresses me is that he survives and he wasn't even an adult lion, and even more that he survived attacks by several lions at that time rasta and him disappeared and also pretty boy in 2012 old probably with bovine tuberculosis and old and was attacked by 4 lions and survived even so , this shows the resilience and resistance and incredible durability of a lion , the mapogos they are all different!

RE: The Mighty Mapogos - lucas_kruger - 07-31-2023

Pretty Boy dominating Dreadlocks.

letting him know who is the elder brother

RE: The Mighty Mapogos - afortich - 08-05-2023

Makhulu, one of my favorite lions

RE: The Mighty Mapogos - Old mak - 08-17-2023

Hello guys!

RE: The Mighty Mapogos - BA0701 - 08-17-2023

(08-17-2023, 07:24 PM)Old mak Wrote: Hello guys!

Hello, welcome to WildFact! Have you been following lions for long? If I may, I suggest you read through the Forum Rules and Announcements sections, and also know that there is also a Tips, Guides, and Tutorials section on the main page as well, which many new users find very helpful. We have, imo, the best, most helpful, community on the web!

Enjoy the site, we look forward to your contributions!

RE: The Mighty Mapogos - Mapokser - 08-28-2023

Rob's take on dominance and why the Mapogos split: