WildFact
The Mighty Mapogos - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: The Mighty Mapogos (/topic-the-mighty-mapogos)

RE: The Mighty Mapogos - Mapokser - 03-01-2023

I forgot about Dreadlocks for a second, I also thought T resembled him a bit, these 3 Mapogos were the most similar looking so it's hard to tell who the son is if it's not a copy of the father.

RE: The Mighty Mapogos - Ttimemarti - 03-01-2023

(03-01-2023, 12:35 AM)Mapokser Wrote: I forgot about Dreadlocks for a second, I also thought T resembled him a bit, these 3 Mapogos were the most similar looking so it's hard to tell who the son is if it's not a copy of the father.

Can someone post a photo of M & T?

RE: The Mighty Mapogos - Potato - 03-01-2023

(03-01-2023, 01:21 AM)Ttimemarti Wrote:
(03-01-2023, 12:35 AM)Mapokser Wrote: I forgot about Dreadlocks for a second, I also thought T resembled him a bit, these 3 Mapogos were the most similar looking so it's hard to tell who the son is if it's not a copy of the father.

Can someone post a photo of M & T?

RE: The Mighty Mapogos - fursan syed - 03-02-2023

Short clip by a tourist 
Mr.T and Makhulu Mapogo

RE: The Mighty Mapogos - fursan syed - 03-04-2023

(Dreadlocks, Rasta, Pretty Boy) visited East To  Have Dinner With Mr. T & Kinky Tail.

RE: The Mighty Mapogos - fursan syed - 03-08-2023

Pretty Boy Mapogo Lion killing Hyena (Eternal Enemies)

RE: The Mighty Mapogos - Mapokser - 03-11-2023

@T_Ferguson you can read the Mapogl v Majingilane report from Nkorho on page 40 of this thread, post #600

RE: The Mighty Mapogos - T_Ferguson - 03-11-2023

(03-11-2023, 02:13 AM)Mapokser Wrote: @T_Ferguson you can read the Mapogl v Majingilane report from Nkorho on page 40 of this thread, post #600

thank you very much for that.  Fascinating angle.  I hate to speculate as I really wouldn't know, but based on that account and the video bits that are out there about the fight, I am wondering if the reason KT was showing signs of pain almost right away is because he broke one of the 3 legs they speculated he had broken when he went head over heels hitting the first of the 2 Majings that turned to face him.  Most things I've read and seen all talk about KT never knowing fear so he just never thought he could lose, but I wonder if he simply couldn't run away at that point.

RE: The Mighty Mapogos - Timbavati - 03-11-2023

(03-04-2023, 06:30 PM)fursan syed Wrote: (Dreadlocks, Rasta, Pretty Boy) visited East To  Have Dinner With Mr. T & Kinky Tail.

They were extremely good looking lions. 
BTW, Link fixed, now it works.

RE: The Mighty Mapogos - Mapokser - 03-11-2023

@T_Ferguson after attacking the first one he was quickly ganged up by all other 3 and they were probably tired from running for so long. It'd be impossible for him to run after that anyway. A lion escaping 2v1 is already a lucky one, 1v4 is almost impossible.

RE: The Mighty Mapogos - Leo Aslan - 03-11-2023

Dagga Boy, the raging African Buffalo Bull, turns into the Black Death...but not for the Mapogos!

RE: The Mighty Mapogos - fursan syed - 03-11-2023

Mr.T and Kinky Tail Mapogo Patrolling (Brothers in Blood)
Very Rare Video

RE: The Mighty Mapogos - Ttimemarti - 03-11-2023

(03-11-2023, 03:53 AM)Timbavati Wrote:
(03-04-2023, 06:30 PM)fursan syed Wrote: (Dreadlocks, Rasta, Pretty Boy) visited East To  Have Dinner With Mr. T & Kinky Tail.

Idk but to me they all looked huge

RE: The Mighty Mapogos - BA0701 - 03-11-2023

(03-11-2023, 10:30 PM)Ttimemarti Wrote:

I have always thought so as well. Especially Mak and Dreads, have heard rangers say Mak was one of the biggest they'd seen, and Dreads looked possibly bigger to me, an absolute tank. If there was an average sized lion in the group, to me it was Rasta, but none of the others looked exceptionally outsized by the two I mentioned, imo.

RE: The Mighty Mapogos - afortich - 03-12-2023

(03-11-2023, 10:38 PM)BA0701 Wrote:
(03-11-2023, 10:30 PM)Ttimemarti Wrote:

I have always thought so as well. Especially Mak and Dreads, have heard rangers say Mak was one of the biggest they'd seen, and Dreads looked possibly bigger to me, an absolute tank. If there was an average sized lion in the group, to me it was Rasta, but none of the others looked exceptionally outsized by the two I mentioned, imo.

I have also heard the same thing from the rangers that Mak was a big lion and the biggest of the Mapogos.