WildFact
The Mighty Mapogos - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: The Mighty Mapogos (/topic-the-mighty-mapogos)

RE: The Mighty Mapogos - Mapokser - 02-18-2023

(09-25-2022, 02:05 PM)Leo Aslan Wrote:
(09-25-2022, 01:20 PM)Leo Aslan Wrote:
(09-25-2022, 01:00 PM)Leo Aslan Wrote: In order to gain a better insight and overview of the events in Sabi Sand, here are a few revised maps

1. the exact position of the Sabi Sand game reserve

2. lodges and smaller game reserves that build the Sabi Sand

Events of the Year 2006

3. locations of the lion prides in Sabi Sands

4. locations of the lion coalitions and single dominant male lions

5. exact location of the Mapogo coalition when they started with their Conquest (Nhlanguleni was attacked by Makhulu and fled into the area of Dzunani)

6. after the Kill of Nhlanguleni, the 6 Mapogo brothers took over the 1st territory and focused now on Dzunani

7. after the Kill of Dzunani the Mapogos were now the undisputed Kings of the West

8. after the Death of Split Rock male Tyson (Bovine TB) in June 2006, the 2 Roller Coaster males started their attacks against the Sparta pride and the remaining Split Rock Scar (July/August 2006)

Events of the Year 2007

9. after the Take-over of the Sparta pride and the dispelling of Scar (who was now a nomad and was seen from time to time with the Styx pride until he vanished by the end of the year) the 2 Roller coaster brothers made a move to the central part into the direction of the Serengeti male Rocky in January 2007. After the Battle, the 2 brothers returned back from where they come. The heavily injured Rocky had no time to recover because the 6 Mapogos followed what happened and finished with the unlucky brave male in which they killed and ate him.

10. in mid-2007 the Mapogos took over the central part of Sabi Sand and the first tensions arose within the coalition. Makhulu and Mr. T often clashed over mating rights and it culminated after a fight when the angry Makhulu drove Mr T off. Kinky Tail joined his younger brother and it was the birth of the two Mlowathi boys. They raided the east and attacked the Northern coalition. They managed to isolate and kill one of the males. Shortly thereafter, a 2nd male was seriously injured. Together with his 2 remaining Northern coalition comrades they escaped into the Kruger (the injured male was soon found dead there). Kinky Tail and Mr T were now the rulers of the East.

I'm curious, is there any report, something that documents the existance of this Northern Coalition of 4 males and their clash with the Mapogos? Because I've never heard anything about it from any lodges or rangers, only a quick comment in the documentary, but there they say this coalition ruled over the Othawa pride which we know isn't true.

RE: The Mighty Mapogos - Ttimemarti - 02-18-2023

(02-18-2023, 08:44 AM)Mapokser Wrote:
(09-25-2022, 02:05 PM)Leo Aslan Wrote:
(09-25-2022, 01:20 PM)Leo Aslan Wrote:
(09-25-2022, 01:00 PM)Leo Aslan Wrote: In order to gain a better insight and overview of the events in Sabi Sand, here are a few revised maps

1. the exact position of the Sabi Sand game reserve

2. lodges and smaller game reserves that build the Sabi Sand

Events of the Year 2006

3. locations of the lion prides in Sabi Sands

4. locations of the lion coalitions and single dominant male lions

5. exact location of the Mapogo coalition when they started with their Conquest (Nhlanguleni was attacked by Makhulu and fled into the area of Dzunani)

6. after the Kill of Nhlanguleni, the 6 Mapogo brothers took over the 1st territory and focused now on Dzunani

7. after the Kill of Dzunani the Mapogos were now the undisputed Kings of the West

8. after the Death of Split Rock male Tyson (Bovine TB) in June 2006, the 2 Roller Coaster males started their attacks against the Sparta pride and the remaining Split Rock Scar (July/August 2006)

Events of the Year 2007

9. after the Take-over of the Sparta pride and the dispelling of Scar (who was now a nomad and was seen from time to time with the Styx pride until he vanished by the end of the year) the 2 Roller coaster brothers made a move to the central part into the direction of the Serengeti male Rocky in January 2007. After the Battle, the 2 brothers returned back from where they come. The heavily injured Rocky had no time to recover because the 6 Mapogos followed what happened and finished with the unlucky brave male in which they killed and ate him.

10. in mid-2007 the Mapogos took over the central part of Sabi Sand and the first tensions arose within the coalition. Makhulu and Mr. T often clashed over mating rights and it culminated after a fight when the angry Makhulu drove Mr T off. Kinky Tail joined his younger brother and it was the birth of the two Mlowathi boys. They raided the east and attacked the Northern coalition. They managed to isolate and kill one of the males. Shortly thereafter, a 2nd male was seriously injured. Together with his 2 remaining Northern coalition comrades they escaped into the Kruger (the injured male was soon found dead there). Kinky Tail and Mr T were now the rulers of the East.

I'm  curious, is there any report, something that documents the existance of this Northern Coalition of 4 males and their clash with the Mapogos? Because I've never heard anything about it from any lodges or rangers, only a quick comment in the documentary, but there they say this coalition ruled over the Othawa pride which we know isn't true.

During the time of the mapogos no the matimbas didn’t control the Othawa pride but later on they did and there might’ve been a fight between them mr t makhulu pretty boy and nduna hairy belly that’s all i know there was a third matimba but idk and I don’t even know if it was true so honestly I’d leave it alone that “fight” that happened was 10 years ago so yeah

RE: The Mighty Mapogos - Mapokser - 02-18-2023

@Ttimemarti this Northern Coalition I speak of aren't the Matimbas, Matimbas were cubs at this point.

RE: The Mighty Mapogos - fursan syed - 02-19-2023

Dreadlocks Mapogo Patrolling and Roaring

RE: The Mighty Mapogos - lucas_kruger - 02-24-2023

(12-26-2022, 05:43 AM)afortich Wrote: O lendário Makhulu, o mais sábio!!

does anyone know if the mapogos really fought the lions of an eye and stompie and the lions of the golf course, I wonder if this is real, as a lion enthusiast, here's the wild fact that the mapogos never fought against these lions i mentioned

RE: The Mighty Mapogos - fursan syed - 02-24-2023

Kinky Tail / Shaka - Legendary Mapogo Roar
Dated : May 2009 (Mlowathi Era)

RE: The Mighty Mapogos - Timbavati - 02-25-2023

Welcome to the forum Lucas

RE: The Mighty Mapogos - afortich - 02-25-2023

(02-24-2023, 05:21 AM)lucas_kruger Wrote:

alguém sabe se os mapogos realmente lutaram contra os leões de um olho e stompie e os leões do campo de golfe, gostaria de saber se isso é real, como um entusiasta do leão, aqui está o fato selvagem de que os mapogos nunca lutaram contra esses leões que mencionei

Translation of the question above of @lucas_kruger :

does anyone know if the mapogos actually fought the stompie one eyed lions and the golf course lions would like to know if this is real, as a lion enthusiast here is the wild fact that the mapogos never fought these lions I mentioned

RE: The Mighty Mapogos - Leo Aslan - 02-25-2023

Unfortunately this video was deleted, but you know me, in honour of Pretty Boy I'm posting it again. He deserves it!

RE: The Mighty Mapogos - BA0701 - 02-25-2023

(02-25-2023, 12:50 PM)Leo Aslan Wrote: Unfortunately this video was deleted, but you know me, in honour of Pretty Boy I'm posting it again. He deserves it!

Where was your video deleted from, here, in this thread? @Leo Aslan ?

RE: The Mighty Mapogos - BA0701 - 02-26-2023

(02-24-2023, 05:21 AM)lucas_kruger Wrote:

does anyone know if the mapogos really fought the lions of an eye and stompie and the lions of the golf course, I wonder if this is real, as a lion enthusiast, here's the wild fact that the mapogos never fought against these lions i mentioned

Hi @lucas_kruger , welcome to Wildfact! We have a rule regarding posting in English, as it will help in your getting more and quicker responses to your posts, as well as helping other members to understand your post. If you do not know English, please try using a translator, as some of our other members already do, and if you need help in doing that, myself or any of our other mods will be happy to help where we can. I have gone ahead and edited your post in this thread. Thank you very much, enjoy the site and we look forward to your contributions!

RE: The Mighty Mapogos - Mapokser - 02-28-2023

Does anyone knows why their sons were called M and T?

RE: The Mighty Mapogos - Potato - 02-28-2023

(02-28-2023, 12:49 AM)Mapokser Wrote: Does anyone knows why their sons were called M and T?

Because acording to guides who named them so Othawa M looked like Makhulu hence "M" and Othawa T looked like Mr T hence "T".

RE: The Mighty Mapogos - Mapokser - 02-28-2023

Cool. I thought both looked like PB, maybe T looked more like Rasta but idk the twins were similar. M had a similar mane texture as PB and his WSM father.

RE: The Mighty Mapogos - Potato - 02-28-2023

(02-28-2023, 10:46 PM)Mapokser Wrote: Cool. I thought both looked like PB, maybe T looked more like Rasta but idk the twins were similar. M had a similar mane texture as PB and his WSM father.

For me Othawa T looked very much like Dreadlocks, Othawa M on the other hand I am not convinced to the similarity to any of the mapogos particularly. I would bet Makhulu sired him through I could see solid arguments behind statements it was one of the twins that sired him.