WildFact
The Mighty Mapogos - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: The Mighty Mapogos (/topic-the-mighty-mapogos)

RE: The mighty Mapogos - Tshokwane - 08-01-2016

(07-31-2016, 10:33 PM)Gamiz Wrote: PB 
Credits to Brent Leo-Smith Photography 

*This image is copyright of its original author

This one is Kinky tail.

RE: The mighty Mapogos - Skybed - 08-01-2016

Kinky tail is such a character! Personally i feel that he is the most aggressive amongst the Mapogos. 

Makulu is another legend that has left a deep impression on me. He seems to be such a responsible lion when it comes to territorial patrols and i love his name haha.

RE: The mighty Mapogos - Tshokwane - 08-02-2016

(08-01-2016, 02:38 PM)Skybed Wrote: Kinky tail is such a character! Personally i feel that he is the most aggressive amongst the Mapogos. 

Makulu is another legend that has left a deep impression on me. He seems to be such a responsible lion when it comes to territorial patrols and i love his name haha.

For me is the same, they're my two favourite Mapogos.

RE: The mighty Mapogos - Skybed - 08-02-2016

My personal opinion is that each and every individual has got their unique character. There is this footage from "The Lions of Sabi Sands" where Makulu was patrolling alone and he brushes himself to a lone tree in the middle of an open field and i thought what a beautiful scene it really was.

RE: The mighty Mapogos - Gamiz - 08-08-2016

Spartan warriors Mr. T, Rasta and Kinky Tail on a mission to go chase out or to kill(pick your choice). No escaping the judgement.

Pc Unknown

RE: The mighty Mapogos - Tshokwane - 08-17-2016

Mr.T at Ulusaba, 3/30/11. Credits to Robert Medved.

Kinky tail and Mr.T in Londolozi, June 2008. Credits to Jeffrey Siegel.

Patrolling the land, 2008.

RE: The mighty Mapogos - Gamiz - 09-09-2016

"We are proud to have you all, dear Mapogo lovers!"

In Love <3
Yours Rasta
by khimbini

RE: The mighty Mapogos - Fredymrt - 09-30-2016

(05-02-2016, 09:36 PM)Pckts Wrote: Legendary Battle for Mala Mala
One of Kinky Tail and Mr. T's greatest battles. On June of 2009, 3 young, prime and big Toulon Males entered Mala Mala and attempted a take over on Mapogo territory. When the brave Toulons went into Mapogo territory they had no intention to leave without knocking the door first. The Mlowathi Males went into hunting mode.
Described as an intense fight that went on for days, perhaps the Toulons refused to lose until finally the tenacity of the Mlowathi Males prevailed.
Result and aftermath
Mlowathi Males - Succeeded in defending their land despite being outnumbered as was their signature trait.
Toulon Males - Were pushed out of most of Mala Mala and Mapogo territory for good but showed they had the tools to challenge for a pride. 2 Months later they took over the Southern pride.
by Jairo Reyes (Legendary Kings)

RE: The mighty Mapogos - anand3690 - 09-30-2016

(09-30-2016, 12:42 PM)Fredymrt Wrote:
(05-02-2016, 09:36 PM)Pckts Wrote: Legendary Battle for Mala Mala
One of Kinky Tail and Mr. T's greatest battles. On June of 2009, 3 young, prime and big Toulon Males entered Mala Mala and attempted a take over on Mapogo territory. When the brave Toulons went into Mapogo territory they had no intention to leave without knocking the door first. The Mlowathi Males went into hunting mode.
Described as an intense fight that went on for days, perhaps the Toulons refused to lose until finally the tenacity of the Mlowathi Males prevailed.
Result and aftermath
Mlowathi Males - Succeeded in defending their land despite being outnumbered as was their signature trait.
Toulon Males - Were pushed out of most of Mala Mala and Mapogo territory for good but showed they had the tools to challenge for a pride. 2 Months later they took over the Southern pride.
by Jairo Reyes (Legendary Kings)

Eyrefield males = Mapogo Boys ???

RE: The mighty Mapogos - Tshokwane - 09-30-2016

Quote:Eyrefield males = Mapogo Boys ???

Yes, they are the Mapogo males.

That name comes from the pride they were born into, that is the Sparta pride, or Eyrefield pride, as Mala Mala calls them.

In their case, you can see that still Mala Mala called them as one coalition, because that was still the time when they were relatively together. Not long after that, Kinky tail and Mr.T would start to spent more and more time in that territory and that led to a name change to reflect that, so they were called Mlowathi males.

RE: The mighty Mapogos - anand3690 - 10-01-2016

(09-30-2016, 07:29 PM)Majingilane Wrote: Thanks a lot.

That name comes from the pride they were born into, that is the Sparta pride, or Eyrefield pride, as Mala Mala calls them.

In their case, you can see that still Mala Mala called them as one coalition, because that was still the time when they were relatively together. Not long after that, Kinky tail and Mr.T would start to spent more and more time in that territory and that led to a name change to reflect that, so they were called Mlowathi males.

RE: The mighty Mapogos - Fredymrt - 10-01-2016

(12-23-2015, 07:49 AM)John21 Wrote:
(12-23-2015, 01:07 AM)LionKiss Wrote: John, many thanks for your detailed answer.

here a few videos about the Mapogos

The first one is from Ulusaba which is far west in Sabi Sands, right. They probably have moved there to avoid the Majingilane.

You're welcome my friend. Happy to help.

Also in addition. As far as the Mapogos being in Ulusaba, this was part of their Western territory which they had for years. They were already there way before the Majingilanes took over the East from KT and T, which led T to go back to the West. Other than T going back West in 2010, it had very little to do with avoiding the Majingilanes. After they lost the East the old Mapogos concentrated on guarding their Western and last piece of real estate.

It's relevant to say that if anything, the Majingilanes avoided the old Mapogos out West. Inyati reported the Mapogos headed far West-East in a particular occasion in 2011 to issue the Majingilanes a warning to stay away. The Majingilanes never seemed to answer or head West throughout the last two years of Mapogo rule. There is an article that documents that occasion by Inyati as I mentioned. I'll post it soon. 

Regards friend!

RE: The mighty Mapogos - Fredymrt - 10-02-2016

(10-01-2016, 06:29 PM)anand3690 Wrote:
(09-30-2016, 07:29 PM)Majingilane Wrote: Thanks a lot.

Thanks @"Majingilane" for the explanation.