WildFact
Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara (/topic-other-male-lion-coalitions-from-masai-mara)

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - vinodkumarn - 04-05-2017

Lion King..!!!
Notch 2
Photo credits: Sumant Pinnamaneni

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - vinodkumarn - 04-05-2017

The six young contenders males..!!!
Photos credits: Moses Manduku

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - vinodkumarn - 04-06-2017

Brothers..!!! 
2 of the Nomads
Photo credits: Daniel Dietrich

Blackie
Photo series credit: Ray Oelbaum
This is Blackie, a Maasai Mara lion. He is 12 years old which equates to 60-70 lion years (lions live longer in captivity as they don't get into fights). When lions mate the 'honeymoon' pair spend around a week together. At the start of the week (as here) the lioness 'presents' herself every 5-10 minutes for each coupling which only lasts around 30 seconds. I wish I had his stamina when I get to that age.

2 of 4 Muscheteers..!!!
Morani & Scarface
Photo credits: Tangulia Mara Camp

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Gamiz - 04-06-2017

"Morani", one of the Musketeers at sunrise - Mara, Kenya, 2/2017. 
YS Wildlife Photography

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Spalea - 04-06-2017

@vinodkumarn 

About #994: You writed: "This is Blackie, a Maasai Mara lion. He is 12 years old which equates to 60-70 lion years (lions live longer in captivity as they don't get into fights). When lions mate the 'honeymoon' pair spend around a week together. At the start of the week (as here) the lioness 'presents' herself every 5-10 minutes for each coupling which only lasts around 30 seconds. I wish I had his stamina when I get to that age."

Don't dream... Nedlessly, you hurt yourself. I feel sad for you, your illusion youth. 
What this male lion realizes, it's the virility, in the true and initial sense of the word. But a lion's virility.
But you can take solace in the fact that your sperm is much more efficient than its own. If you want a child you don't need to make 1.000 copulations in order to have one. Fotunately for your partner... Disappointed If the whole humanity needed to accomplish that, the whole world would be a gigantic brothel, bordello ! ...
A gigantic brothel, yes but without any war with massiv and collateral destruction, without any money speculation... Morality: the lions' world is better than the ours.

I'm soliloquizing... Joking

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - vinodkumarn - 04-07-2017

(04-06-2017, 10:56 AM)Spalea Wrote: @vinodkumarn 

About #994: You writed: "This is Blackie, a Maasai Mara lion. He is 12 years old which equates to 60-70 lion years (lions live longer in captivity as they don't get into fights). When lions mate the 'honeymoon' pair spend around a week together. At the start of the week (as here) the lioness 'presents' herself every 5-10 minutes for each coupling which only lasts around 30 seconds. I wish I had his stamina when I get to that age."

Don't dream... Nedlessly, you hurt yourself. I feel sad for you, your illusion youth. 
What this male lion realizes, it's the virility, in the true and initial sense of the word. But a lion's virility.
But you can take solace in the fact that your sperm is much more efficient than its own. If you want a child you don't need to make 1.000 copulations in order to have one. Fotunately for your partner... Disappointed  If the whole humanity needed to accomplish that, the whole world would be a gigantic brothel, bordello ! ...
A gigantic brothel, yes but without any war with massiv and collateral destruction, without any money speculation... Morality: the lions' world is better than the ours.

I'm soliloquizing... Joking
 ha ha @Spalea I copy pasted the photographer comments...!!

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - vinodkumarn - 04-07-2017

Lion King..!!!
Scarface
Photo credits: Patrick Reynolds

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Spalea - 04-07-2017

@vinodkumarn:

About #998: of course, I suspected that you were not serious, that you were joking ! What kind of guy could really dream to copulate and copulate again and still copulate without any break during a whole week ? Seriously... ? If a 70 years old somebody was able to honor his partner in this way, we would never finish to speak about him. It would be... very tiring, wearing.

Sometimes, I also need to let go...

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - vinodkumarn - 04-09-2017

Lion King..!!! 
Lipstick
Photo credits: Neil Nourse

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - vinodkumarn - 04-09-2017

The Nomads..!!!
Photo credits: Chaitanya Vattem

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - vinodkumarn - 04-10-2017

Caesar2 with his girls