WildFact
Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara (/topic-other-male-lion-coalitions-from-masai-mara)

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Robot00 - 02-09-2024

Oh no. What an unfortunate event for the BRB and lions as a whole. If only these wild animals are able to live in peace and let them sort themselves out instead of being killed by humans

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - kobe8jf1234 - 02-09-2024

(02-09-2024, 10:36 PM)Robot00 Wrote: Oh no. What an unfortunate event for the BRB and lions as a whole. If only these wild animals are able to live in peace and let them sort themselves out instead of being killed by humans

these humans are killing lions over there for awhile so many lions go missing when are they going say enough is enough and lock those responsible for killing these beautiful animals

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BigLion39 - 02-10-2024

Excuse my French but they fucking KILLED Olobor, the most famous lion in the Mara. Haile, 2 Paiya males, Maridadi, Oloisiado, Jagged Ear, Floppy Ear all disappeared in Maji Ya Fisi. Only Olobor and Haile bodies were found. Im so sick. Im so sick.

I got confirmation all 4 Mara North Boys are alive and well. So Saruni is still with us, all 4 males still  together, such a feat. Less HWC in the conservancies.im so sick of the Mara.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Redroadmale - 02-10-2024

I'm confused is olobor dead or his just missing

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - LyonLover - 02-10-2024

(02-10-2024, 01:03 AM)Redroadmale Wrote: I'm confused is olobor dead or his just missing

He is almost definitely dead. This was confirmed by news coming straight from workers in the Mara. Specifically a man named ‘Josh Oloshipa’ on Facebook he posted this regarding Olobor’s status: 

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/pXC8Zn7L66mjGbX7/?mibextid=I6gGtw

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Mapokser - 02-10-2024

He is dead, it's confirmed.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - T_Ferguson - 02-10-2024

(02-09-2024, 11:02 PM)kobe8jf1234 Wrote:
(02-09-2024, 10:36 PM)Robot00 Wrote: Oh no. What an unfortunate event for the BRB and lions as a whole. If only these wild animals are able to live in peace and let them sort themselves out instead of being killed by humans

these humans are killing lions over there for awhile so many lions go missing when are they going say enough is enough and lock those responsible for killing these beautiful animals

The problem is.. who is going to lock them up?  Much of Africa is this way.  If you've ever visited, there really is no police.  They try to make agreements with these tribes, but they are all trying to make their living too.  They don't see these animals as anything but a nuisance.  They likely don't even get the money you'd think they get from tourism.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - kobe8jf1234 - 02-10-2024

(02-10-2024, 01:44 AM)T_Ferguson Wrote:

The problem is.. who is going to lock them up?  Much of Africa is this way.  If you've ever visited, there really is no police.  They try to make agreements with these tribes, but they are all trying to make their living too.  They don't see these animals as anything but a nuisance.  They likely don't even get the money you'd think they get from tourism.

i understand but this is getting out of hand it so sad when they kill these lions

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Friarfan619 - 02-10-2024

Remember a tourist video on YouTube where they said locals see lions the way we see rats in the u.s.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - T_Ferguson - 02-10-2024

(02-10-2024, 04:33 AM)kobe8jf1234 Wrote:
(02-10-2024, 01:44 AM)T_Ferguson Wrote:

i understand but this is getting out of hand it so sad when they kill these lions

Don't get me wrong.  I am raging mad.  My wife just got back from Africa though, and I do understand at least some of the thought of the other side.  If we could make the lives of the natives better somehow we could save these animals, but that's likely a bridge too far for most.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Lipstick2 - 02-10-2024

I think the Kenyan government and authorities HAVE TO start thining about how they shall drive away Masai's from the Mara as all problems can be traced back to the fact that they grazing their f*cking cattles there since ages...

(02-10-2024, 06:26 AM)T_Ferguson Wrote: Don't get me wrong.  I am raging mad.  My wife just got back from Africa though, and I do understand at least some of the thought of the other side.  If we could make the lives of the natives better somehow we could save these animals, but that's likely a bridge too far for most.

But why do we have to make their lives better? Nobody makes my life better other than myself? They aren't victims of anything other than their own actions. Its their own responsibility to keep their house in order. Its their  problem they aren't educated. Yeah of course helping them is natural and great but nobody is obligated. It is ridiculous. It really is simple, it's As old as cave man; Someone does an action like kill a lion Then that person or persons gets a consequence strict enough to match what he did and boom, it doesn't happen again.  There isn't any consequences for these pieces of crap criminals. The Massai leaders can't even control these people. Take a look at what happened in Amboselli last year. Perfect example. Massai leaders made a deal with govt and The People. Certain criminals disregarded the orders of their tribal leaders and went and killed more lions. Nothing happened to them.  Its obsurd, frustrating. Also.... The lodges, Rangers, guides, govt officials, 1 example; Rob the Ranger; certain people keep all this shit quiet from us. It took us bothering and being annoying to find out about Olobor.... Shit MPCP told me a few hours ago that Olobor HWC is "suspected" and not "confirmed", its total bullshit. They are part of the problem at the same time they are trying to help. These people have their brain so far up their ass its amazing. How can we trust MPCP when in posts, just rescently, they say they can't let certain info out to the public. What does that tell us? Transparency is key here and there is NONE. Im so pissed. And disgusted .

(02-10-2024, 08:34 AM)Lipstick2 Wrote: I think the Kenyan government and authorities HAVE TO start thining about how they shall drive away Masai's from the Mara as all problems can be traced back to the fact that they grazing their f*cking cattles there since ages...
2/3 Piaya males, Floppy Ear, Jagged Ear, Olbarikoi, Olobor,  Haile, and more i can't think of all disappeared from MYF. Only Haile, Olobor, and Olbarikois body were found. Now Halftail is missing for 3 months. Mdogo was slashed with a machete, treated by KWS but nobody knows is he is dead or recovering. Mdogo last brother Osidai is missing now too. Words don't express what is going through my thought process.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Tr1x24 - 02-10-2024

Its truly remarkable how Kenya's/Mara's authorities cant solve this problem for decades and decades..

I guess is not that simple, but something needs to be done..

Olobor was currently most famous lion in Mara, in his prime, getting killed by locals is definetly not a good marketing word for the reserve..