WildFact
Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara (/topic-other-male-lion-coalitions-from-masai-mara)

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - KM600 - 01-30-2024

(01-30-2024, 01:51 AM)Mwk85 Wrote:
(01-29-2024, 12:57 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: Olonkera was with Oloimina and both showed up on the Buffalo kill that Lorkulop and Pride brought down. Actually 2 buffalo's. It was reported Oloimina did not let Olonkera feed on a Buffalo, so he must have fed on the other, im not sure. 

*This image is copyright of its original author

Lorkulup let him feed on whichever buffalo carcass he (Lorkulup) was on. Read that Olonkera was seen mounting one of the subs at some point afterwards so I doubt him being allowed back by Lorkulup and Oloimina won't last much longer.

I love Lorkulup man, always hunting with his pride and yet seemingly shares the spoils too, rare u consistently see that with male lions. Infact, I wouldn’t be surprised if he helped successfully kill both buffalos.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Redroadmale - 01-30-2024

What happened to the porini pride?

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BigLion39 - 01-31-2024

(01-30-2024, 07:11 PM)Redroadmale Wrote: What happened to the porini pride?

Good question, I'm pretty sure Olope and Olbarikoi, when they were alive, use to hold that pride along with Sankai and Fig Tree but we don't get to see any updates on the pride if they are still alive. The core Moniko Pride is gone now which they were in close proximity.  I know there is a camp there called Porini, I would  find them on Social media, I bet they would have that information.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BigLion39 - 01-31-2024

Reported after 3 hours of battling, chasing back and forth, Oloimina and Lorkulop successfully expelled the 3 Rekero Pride males out of their territory. Here we see a screenshot i tool of Oloimina roaring, in the lead, with Lorkulop behind. Dangerous for 2 males to step up against 3 or more. Moniko- Sankai Boys are supposed killers of Lekijana, BRB's younger brother. Specualtion and nobody knows but thats what might have happened so the 2 BRB's held strong without Olobor and Oloshipa. Many thought they didn't have it in them. I trusted and believed they did.

Pic/video credits below

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - KM600 - 01-31-2024

(01-31-2024, 01:12 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: Reported after 3 hours of battling, chasing back and forth, Oloimina and Lorkulop successfully expelled the 3 Rekero Pride males out of their territory. Here we see a screenshot i tool of Oloimina roaring, in the lead, with Lorkulop behind. Dangerous for 2 males to step up against 3 or more. Moniko- Sankai Boys are supposed killers of Lekijana, BRB's younger brother. Specualtion and nobody knows but thats what might have happened so the 2 BRB's held strong without Olobor and Oloshipa. Many thought they didn't have it in them. I trusted and believed they did.

Pic/video credits below

Just goes to show as key as Olobor and Oloshipa are in protecting their territory, Lorkulup and Oloimina still have to step up when their number is called and I don’t think they receive anywhere near the respect they should have. I’m also a big fan of lions showing that they don’t need numbers on their side eventhough they come from a big coalitions and are therefore use to big advantages.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Mapokser - 02-01-2024

These 3 Sankai are not the 3 Sankai sired by Olerai and his brother, right?

And I've no idea why would anyone doubt them, youbg Oloimina fought a big and long hell fight with Jesse, he was a mess after the fight. That is not something your average lion does.

BRB are one of the strongest coalitions ever seen.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Lipstick2 - 02-02-2024

(01-31-2024, 01:22 PM)KM600 Wrote: I’m also a big fan of lions showing that they don’t need numbers on their side eventhough they come from a big coalitions and are therefore use to big advantages.
Let's to add this also depended on that these 3 Sankai boys haven't had and still don't have so much experiences in such situations neither in rivalizing with neighboring dominant coalitions nor big clashes or even fights with older/more matured and highly more experienced males like the BRB's... Do not forget they will turn only 5 this year so still very young..So in this situation the advantage of experience is on BRB's side.

I think it was even a very bold and risky move to intruding their and Rongai's territory. Not even mentioned that these 3 young boys could also have fallen out with 6 Rongai lionesses as well who are infamous for also protecting their territory and youngsters very seriously against their rivals.

(02-01-2024, 12:29 AM)Mapokser Wrote: These 3 Sankai are not the 3 Sankai sired by Olerai and his brother, right?
No, these are Olbarikoi's sons. 
Olerai's descendants were the previous litter from Sankai pride in 2017 so Seenka & co. are older by 2 years than them and they're way very far from the BRB's and central events of MM up to the north.....

(02-01-2024, 12:29 AM)Mapokser Wrote: BRB are one of the strongest coalitions ever seen.
It also depends on their numbers advantage...they're much stronger totally as a 4 males' coalition than their neighboring rivals and dominant coalitions such as 2 Fig Tree Boys, 2 Maji Ya Fisi Boys, last 1 Ordikdik/former Sankai pride's male, and even than the 3 Sala's males and (like in this situation) the 3 Sankai boys/Rekero pride males as well.
In a larger regional mapping only the 4 Lemek boys could compete against them but they're not neighbors as 2 Fig Tree boys settles between the 2 coalitions approximitely. 
In the near future, they may have some troubles against the young Topi sub-adults (many sons of the Sala's) as they are/will be expelled by their fathers and pride right sometime recently but that's still the future.

If the other Sankai Boys' group came up, here they are - still in the north of MM in Olchoro Oirouwa Conservancy with their small pride and all 3 boys (Seenka Kini and Lemurt in row) patrolling fevereshly their territory for something - probably because the presence of the Mara North Males, although was said that only 3/4 of them were seen recently....

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - LyonLover - 02-03-2024

Does anyone have news/updates on where Oloimina and Lorkulup are currently at right now ? Seems like the Rekero boys did not leave Rongai territory yet. 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/C21rNEfAAsR/?igsh=c3IxemVzNDg4c2g1

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BigLion39 - 02-03-2024

(02-01-2024, 12:29 AM)Mapokser Wrote: These 3 Sankai are not the 3 Sankai sired by Olerai and his brother, right?

Yeah, correct! I call them Moniko-Sankai boys so I can differentiate. Theyre all sired in the same pride Sankai, breakaway from core Moniko Pride but Olerai/Olkiti sons are known as Sankai Boys for so long and before Offbeat Boys sired these Moniko-Sankai males or Rekero Pride Males.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BigLion39 - 02-03-2024

(02-02-2024, 04:51 AM)Lipstick2 Wrote: the other Sankai Boys' group came up, here they are - still in the north of MM in Olchoro Oirouwa Conservancy with their small pride and all 3 boys (Seenka Kini and Lemurt in row) patrolling fevereshly their territory for something - probably because the presence of the Mara North Males, although was said that only 3/4 of them were seen recently....

Yeah I was gonna comment this, Saruni hasn't been seen in a bit. But he was always more a loaner than Osidai, Ntui, and Orokai.
November 9, 2023 was his last update and he was in remarkable condition after previously been beat up (Ntui was beat up too and alive and well now). Its getting worrisome now as its just about 3 months now, to my knowledge, Saruni hasn't been seen and all his bros have been.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Franco - 02-07-2024

(12-09-2023, 02:40 PM)Lipstick2 Wrote:
(12-09-2023, 12:03 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: They have to be big subs by now as they took over this Pride sometime 2020-2021.
Sorry, but this couldn't be possible as Olope and Olbarikoi were the dominant males of Sankai pride at least until late 2021 but even more like until early 2022 if i'm correct. They took over the pride from Olerai&Olekiti in the late 2010's and after they chased away their subadult sons, the young Sankai boys - who were featured 2 posts above this - immadiately became the dominant force. Although in late 2020 and 2021 they already have started to roamed into the Main Reserve from the pride but then they always still returned to their Sankai's territory if i remember correctly. So, if everything is fixed the 3 Ordikdik boys could took over the pride just at the start of 2022, because there wasn't any clash between the two coalitions, at least there were no news of such a thing. All this happened right after Olope&Olbarikoi already took over Porini and Fig Tree breakaway prides.

Does this mean that the Sankai/Moniko males fathered by Olope & Olbarikoi are the younger half brothers to the Sankai Males that were fathered by Olerai & Olekiti?
I am also wondering who sired the Sankai females that gave birth to these males. Ive been told that Lolparpit sired female lionesses in the Moniko pride who went off to become the Sankai prides amongst many breakaways that came from the Moniko pride?

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Mapokser - 02-09-2024

People are saying that Black Rock Olobor has passed, murdered by the local human population, supposedly:

I honestly have no idea how anyone has the patience to follow Mara closely when the situation there is so bad.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - KM600 - 02-09-2024

(02-09-2024, 09:56 PM)Mapokser Wrote: People are saying that Black Rock Olobor has passed, murdered by the local human population, supposedly:

I honestly have no idea how anyone has the patience to follow Mara closely when the situation there is so bad.

Yh it’s been confirmed now too, judging by Oloshipa looking in great condition it only points to humans being the culprits. BRB were the first coalition I started following thru MM so seeing this update hurts. Can’t begin to imagine what Oloshipa has been going thru these last 10 days.