WildFact
Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara (/topic-other-male-lion-coalitions-from-masai-mara)

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Horizon - 11-05-2023

" target="_blank" class="post_link">

Lorkulup and rongai pride together.

Lorkulup

(11-05-2023, 05:13 AM)Horizon Wrote:

The powerful coalition of the inselberg males in the masai mara, ruka, olopolosie, manywele and nusu, these three males, despite the death of their brother slit lip some time ago, are still strong and healthy dominating their lands, their legacy is assured with sub adults and cubs In the san river pride, I hope they continue to be successful until the day they retire as dominant males.

Are these boys called as Mara North males? Btw, how did their brother die?

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BigLion39 - 11-06-2023

(11-05-2023, 05:23 AM)Horizon Wrote: Are these boys called as Mara North males? Btw, how did their brother die?

No these 5 boys came from Serenghetti, I forget the area, but there's video of them years ago, I want to say 2017/18ish with their 1st pride they took over.  Slit Lip was killed either by Bila Shaka or the young Sauage/Nyati Boys. Both were in the area. Was a damn shame tho. Slit Lip was alone with the prides a lot and he got caught alone. The 6 Nyati Boys have their pride since then so probably was them. There is a video of him on his last hours. The Inselbergs rule priprides in the South/West in the Mara Triangle.

4 Mara North Males are sons of Ololparpit and Olbarnoti and rule prides in the Conservancies up north in the Mara far from the Mara Triangle. They were born in Isaketa Pride, I forget their age exactly, probably between 2015/16ish. Theyre called Isaketa Boys, Ex-Offbeat Males, and now Mara North Males. These 4 boys constantly battle remaining 3 Sankai Boys sons of Olerai/Olekiti.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Horizon - 11-07-2023

In a recent sighting of the impressive Fig Tree males “Osupaat and Nyekundo” they were observed quenching their thirst after a long patrol. Later that same day, they were expelled by the three Salas males!

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Horizon - 11-08-2023

One of the Rongei coalition members, Oloisula, roaring for us in the rain. He along with his two partners, run most of the Naboisho Conservancy in the Masai Mara.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BigLion39 - 11-09-2023

Fig Tree Boy aka 1/2 Enkoyunai Pride Male Nyekendu days after he was caught by rival males, probably Lemek Boys. He has painful injuries on his rear consistant with him defending against 2 or more males. He fed on a Giraffe (which happened to have a broken spear through its abdomen  go figure) with Osupaat and the pride yesterday. He should recover but both these brothers need to be extremely careful. They're surrounded by bigger, time tested coalitions like 3 Salas one way and 4 Lemek Boys the other. Osupaat had injuries like this a few weeks ago

*This image is copyright of its original author

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Spalea - 11-09-2023

Olobor, one of the famous males of the Masai Mara park... A strong character !

" Black Rock boy Olobor is the most agressive male lion in mara reserve, the Black rock boys were born in black rock pride in august 2017 at the time they appeared as cubs in Safari Live, the best friend of Olobor was Oloisiado but unfortunately he disappeared and Olobor and Oloshipa became loyal friends its curious but Olobor means the calm one and he is the opposite, nobody knows what the next move of Olobor, for now he and his brother are trying to expand the territory, Olobor and Oloshipa are always on patrol, thanks to them Rongai pride and the other 2 brothers are living a calm life with no worries of intruders, these 4 brothers already appeared on a documentary i think its Brotherhood of Lions. "

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - KM600 - 11-09-2023

(11-09-2023, 03:17 PM)Spalea Wrote: Olobor, one of the famous males of the Masai Mara park... A strong character !

" Black Rock boy Olobor is the most agressive male lion in mara reserve, the Black rock boys were born in black rock pride in august 2017 at the time they appeared as cubs in Safari Live, the best friend of Olobor was Oloisiado but unfortunately he disappeared and Olobor and Oloshipa became loyal friends its curious but Olobor means the calm one and he is the opposite, nobody knows what the next move of Olobor, for now he and his brother are trying to expand the territory, Olobor and Oloshipa are always on patrol, thanks to them Rongai pride and the other 2 brothers are living a calm life with no worries of intruders, these 4 brothers already appeared on a documentary i think its Brotherhood of Lions. "
Seemed to still have a very blonde mane for majority of this video despite how aggressive I’ve heard he is, obviously it’s darkened since but just something I’ve picked up on. Obviously one of the first things u learn about lions is the darker the mane, the more seemingly aggressive but there’s been a few cases I’ve seen where a blonder male has been just as if not more aggressive than the resident darker-maned males.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Spalea - 11-09-2023

An other strong character among the male lions of the Masai Mara: Earless. This video doesn't learn anything new about him, but it's a testimony, perhaps showing an excessive admiration. I don't know, nevertheless interesting:

" The royalty of Masai Mara concealed a secret, an abandoned offspring left to fend for itself amidst the perils of the African jungle when Notch gathered his progeny to establish an astonishing coalition immortalized in African history. One of the cubs was left behind, forgotten, along with its mother, sisters, and aunts, abandoned to struggle in the clutches of a new dominant lion who unexpectedly subjugated the females of that pride. This little lion managed to survive and became Earless, the mightiest among all the Notch offspring. But what transpired for their new leader to spare his life, and what transformed Earless into such a potent lion, is what we're about to unearth. Get ready to uncover the gripping tale that left its mark on the African lands. "

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - KM600 - 11-12-2023

Very, very lucky lion. Only had ahold of him for 20 seconds and look at the damage to his back.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BA0701 - 11-12-2023

(11-09-2023, 04:31 PM)KM600 Wrote:
(11-09-2023, 03:17 PM)Spalea Wrote: Olobor, one of the famous males of the Masai Mara park... A strong character !

Seemed to still have a very blonde mane for majority of this video despite how aggressive I’ve heard he is, obviously it’s darkened since but just something I’ve picked up on. Obviously one of the first things u learn about lions is the darker the mane, the more seemingly aggressive but there’s been a few cases I’ve seen where a blonder male has been just as if not more aggressive than the resident darker-maned males.

One of the researchers on Brothers in Blood mentioned that darker maned males have higher testosterone levels, generally speaking of course. We all know how testosterone can affect aggression. Though, I think at the end of the day, lions are lions, and aggression is in their DNA. Even in that regard you have your outliers, like Dark Mane who was possibly the most chill lion I have ever seen, but he could still turn it on when needed, just ask the young elephant who tried to charge him.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - KM600 - 11-13-2023

Olonkera the biggest hype lion ever, look at him running along but making sure he’s far enough back so that he doesn’t get into an altercation with Olobor, he knows Olobor is crazy.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Lipstick2 - 11-14-2023

(10-30-2023, 01:20 PM)BigLion39 Wrote:
(10-28-2023, 07:05 AM)Lipstick2 Wrote: Mrefu

He was just seen in the past few days. He was seen alone, without Spikey. This doesn't mean that they aren't together, maybe they just patrolled alone that day or maybe Spikey was close and nobody saw him. It could also mean the total opposite too. It wasn't mentioned on where he was seen tho.

Good to hear.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Lipstick2 - 11-14-2023

(11-09-2023, 04:31 PM)KM600 Wrote: Seemed to still have a very blonde mane
I think Olobor already has a pretty dark mane. (Rather a bit short though, i think his mane could be a bittle longer too - although their fathers the Old Black Rock males also didn't have so long manes.) In the last 1-2 years their manes have darkened a lot.