WildFact
Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara (/topic-other-male-lion-coalitions-from-masai-mara)

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Gavskrr - 07-25-2023

(07-25-2023, 12:35 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: I dont follow Mara lions that much, but looks like all those older, legendary Mara lions/coalitions are gone, and next/new gen taken over.

Are Kaka and Maridadi still alive?

Maridadi disappeared in 2021 after a confrontation with black rock males, Kaká managed to escape but recently disappeared and is not seen anymore. They have two currently dominant sons called the fig tree coalition and are dominant in the Enkoyanai pride.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Spalea - 07-25-2023

A coalition of young males return to take their fathers territory. After a long roars sequency, the fathers - beautiful black-maned lions, assert their dominance. Dated from the 22th July 2023.

" Male lions can survive solitarily but always seek to join or even take over a territory. Young males sometimes move from one territory to another, fight, and assume dominance over new territories. The young males in this sighting already have their own territory but wanted more than they could chew.

Filmed in Masai Mara via ol kinyei conservancy
"

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BigLion39 - 07-25-2023

(07-25-2023, 12:35 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: I dont follow Mara lions that much, but looks like all those older, legendary Mara lions/coalitions are gone, and next/new gen taken over.

Oloisiado, Olobor, and Oloshipa intruded into Fig Tree Territory sometime in 2021 chasing Kaka and Maridadi all the way into Muguro Boys territory. After that Oloisiado and Maridadi were never seen again. Its possible Maridadi was caught by the Muguro Boys Mdogo and Osidai (maybe Loki if he was alive) while they were chased. Nobody knows what happened to Oloisiado. Weird circumstance.

Out of all those nomads Blackie2, Kaka, Spearboy, Jesse, Kutiti, etc.... only Blackie2 and Kutiti have been seen in the last 2 months and obviously Jesse was just killed.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BigLion39 - 07-25-2023

(07-25-2023, 11:09 AM)Spalea Wrote: A coalition of young males return to take their fathers territory. After a long roars sequency, the fathers - beautiful black-maned lions, assert their dominance. Dated from the 22th July 2023.

Those are Rekero Boys vs their 3 young Fig Tree sons. This was years ago, maybe 2018/19. All three Fig Tree Boys have disappeared and only Ron2 has been seen in the past year or so at around 13ish years old. Careful with that you tube channel as he posts others clips of videos and has wrong info.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Tr1x24 - 07-25-2023

@BigLion39 awesome knowledge bro.

Could you maybe type here all coalitions who are currently territorial at Mara (their members names, also members who died) and prides which they control. Also you can mention which nomads are currently around.

This would help a lot.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Spalea - 07-25-2023

@BigLion39 

You wrote " Those are Rekero Boys vs their 3 young Fig Tree sons. This was years ago, maybe 2018/19. All three Fig Tree Boys have disappeared and only Ron2 has been seen in the past year or so at around 13ish years old. Careful with that you tube channel as he posts others clips of videos and has wrong info. "

OK, thank you for your recommendation. Indeed, it's difficult to perceive that some jokers are able to cheerfully cheat with the truth, the years, the places and so on.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Lipstick2 - 07-25-2023

Maridadi is noway as he vanished in the Autumn of 2021 and Kaka also hasn't been seen in this year (hopefully, he is just out of sightings and be somewhere in the Mara or Serengeti). 

But they already haven't been belong to these 'old generations' neither, as they were too young to this (were born just in 2012 and 2013). Their fathers - the 4'km males - were belonged to these Old Legendary Coalitions, not them. Mara's old legends and coalitions used to be the ones who were born in the late 90's or 2000's and ruled the Mara for many years in the 2010's and already in the 2000's - so the Notches, the 4'km males, Lolparpit&Olbarnoti and their 3 half-brothers from the old Ridge Pride (Cheza, Sala and Junior) and their fathers the Old Ridge Pride Males, then the next Ridge Pride dominant males-Naengop&Olchore, the solo Boxernose (then Earless's coalition parnter), the Old Sand River Males, the ex Marsh Pride Males Romeo&Clawed (and their 3rd brother) after the Notch-era and before the Musketeers, the Old Oloololo Males, Bob&Ziggy Marley and their 2 brothers, Jamal&Akiki&Joshua (old Cheli pride males), etc etc. Furthermore, maybe we can list here Romeo2&Mohican, and the 4 Musketeers too, as they also were born in the late 2000's. Most of these males and coalitions were from mid 2000's and some of them ruled the Mara for over 10+ years and their offsprings and more generations of their bloodlines are living through whole of the Mara now. 
I think, the last males who can be part of this elite group from the 2000's were Lolparpit&Olbarnoti OR the Musketeers if we count them here as they were born in 2008. If so, the last remaining living member in it is Morani (the last Musketeer) with his 15 years now. What a legend! Only Lolparpit&Olbarnoti and Notch2 reached such many years of age in their lives in the recent times.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Liner - 07-25-2023

Has Morani been sighted recently?

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BA0701 - 07-26-2023

(07-25-2023, 12:47 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: @BigLion39 awesome knowledge bro.

Could you maybe type here all coalitions who are currently territorial at Mara (their members names, also members who died) and prides which they control. Also you can mention which nomads are currently around.

This would help a lot.

I agree entirely! @BigLion39 and @Lipstick2 are most certainly two of our resident Mara experts, their posts are always educational, and much appreciated!

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Mwk85 - 07-26-2023

There's a short video out now showing Jesse after the fight that ultimately took his life. He's seen lying on his side underneath some trees with the rear of his body covered in a significant amount of blood. Front half of his body and face don't appear to be heavily damaged, though. Guess the old boy put up one helluva last stand in the end.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BA0701 - 07-27-2023

(07-26-2023, 09:48 PM)Mwk85 Wrote: There's a short video out now showing Jesse after the fight that ultimately took his life. He's seen lying on his side underneath some trees with the rear of his body covered in a significant amount of blood. Front half of his body and face don't appear to be heavily damaged, though. Guess the old boy put up one helluva last stand in the end.

I'd have expected nothing less from him.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Mwk85 - 07-27-2023

Salas males Olepolos and Orkitok having a tussle over a warthog carcass.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Mwk85 - 07-27-2023

BRB Oloshipa staking his claim over a zebra kill. He didn’t seem to mind the cubs and subadult Olonkera eating, but the same couldn't have been said for one of the Rongai lionesses.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BigLion39 - 07-27-2023

Morani is most likely gone. He has not been seen in over 1 month while his son, Rekero Breakaway Boy  has regularly been seen. He is defiantly the last of the old guard  unless we see Ron2 again but I doubt it.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BigLion39 - 07-27-2023

(07-25-2023, 12:47 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Could you maybe type here all coalitions who are currently territorial at Mara (their members names, also members who died) and prides which they control. Also you can mention which nomads are currently around.

This would help a lot.

Hey man I wish I could! I am terrible at describing stuff and only Following Mara Lions for a few short years! There are better qualified than I, i think Lipstick2 here is more versed on these lions and maybe better to put something together? I would help for sure of whatever I can?