WildFact
Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara (/topic-other-male-lion-coalitions-from-masai-mara)

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BigLion39 - 07-19-2023

(07-18-2023, 10:23 AM)Mwk85 Wrote: 1/3 Rongai males. I've seen them before but don't know much about them at the moment.

Olowang (in the video roaring), Olisiula, and Lenkisiu are the 3 Rongai Boys and are legacy of Mohok and Longface and were sired in the original Ronkai pride.  They are juat into their prime and have already successfully raised a generation of young cubs to young subs in the Ilkisiusiu pride (they control another pride too) in Naboisho Conservancy. The 3 Boys are currently moving out of Ilkisiusiu territory and expanding. The 2 Maji Ya Fisi Boys and the 2 Koka Boys are on their heels as well.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Horizon - 07-19-2023

(07-19-2023, 12:21 PM)BigLion39 Wrote:
(07-18-2023, 10:26 AM)Mwk85 Wrote: 1/3 Sankai males. Seen with a lioness, possibly from the Rekero Pride.
 This is Lemoniko, 1/3 Moniko- Sanaki males, now I believe they have successfully took Rekero Pride from Salas Boys and were able to kick Kijana, Lekijana(rip), and Olchorre out. 

The 2 other brothers names are Kiliya and Lenchada.

Salas abandoned Rekero pride or they got pushed out?

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Robot00 - 07-19-2023

(07-19-2023, 12:21 PM)BigLion39 Wrote:
(07-18-2023, 10:26 AM)Mwk85 Wrote: 1/3 Sankai males. Seen with a lioness, possibly from the Rekero Pride.
 This is Lemoniko, 1/3 Moniko- Sanaki males, now I believe they have successfully took Rekero Pride from Salas Boys and were able to kick Kijana, Lekijana(rip), and Olchorre out. 

The 2 other brothers names are Kiliya and Lenchada.
What happened to lekijana? I thought the younger BRboys were on the verge to becoming fearsome after beating up the two salas

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Mwk85 - 07-20-2023

1/3 Salas males (Orkitok) out on patrol.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Spalea - 07-22-2023

Dated from the 21th July:

" One of three young nomadic males bonding with a lioness in the hopes of establishing a territory and producing cubs with the resident pride.

Filmed In The Maasai Mara National Reserve, Kenya
"

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BigLion39 - 07-22-2023

(07-19-2023, 03:33 PM)Horizon Wrote: Salas abandoned Rekero pride or they got pushed out?

They stopped regularly visiting Rekero months ago so other males started intruding. The 3 Moniko-Sankai Boys basically moved in and most likely killed Lekijana and took over Rekero. Kijana, Lekijana, and Olchorre were in the running 1st for Rekero but after loosing Lekijana the other 2 are now mating with lionesses from Salas pride, far away from Rekero.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BigLion39 - 07-22-2023

(07-19-2023, 09:04 PM)Robot00 Wrote: What happened to lekijana? I thought the younger BRboys were on the verge to becoming fearsome after beating up the two salas
Lekijana was either Killed by Salas Boys or Moniko-Sankai Boys. I also wouldn't rule out cattle herders either as the area is a hotbed for HWC...... but supposedly nobody knows exactly what happened to him.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Zigzag - 07-24-2023

Its extremely sad to let you know that famous nomad Jesse succumbed to his injuries by Enkoyonai males today RIP legend Jesse
*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Mwk85 - 07-24-2023

(07-24-2023, 09:41 PM)Zigzag Wrote: Its extremely sad to let you know that famous nomad Jesse succumbed to his injuries by Enkoyonai males today RIP legend Jesse

Damn, hate to see a legend of the Mara has fallen. Won't lie, I'm definitely bummed that I won't get to see new updates on him but at least he went out fighting and at the hands of nature and not the hands of man like others in the Mara unfortunately have.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BigLion39 - 07-24-2023

Yes its a long time coming for a legend! He finally pushed his luck too far and the N'goyunai Boys were there to catch him! Jesse will finally meet his brother Frank up top and all 7 of their sons! Their legacy lives though their many daughter in the Offbeat Pride, ironically controlled by those who killed him and thev3 young Moniko-Sankai males who just took Rekero Pride. RIP legend! 6 years a lone, successful nomadic male lion..... WOW! I have no doubt that Jesse sired cubs during hisb6 years nomadic as he was often seen mating many females.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - afortich - 07-24-2023

(07-24-2023, 09:41 PM)Zigzag Wrote: Its extremely sad to let you know that famous nomad Jesse succumbed to his injuries by Enkoyonai males today RIP legend Jesse

So sad. RIP solo king. 
Lived a long life for a lion with no coalition most of its life.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - T_Ferguson - 07-24-2023

RIP Jessie.  I am still worried about SpearBoy.  No Reports in some time.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Tr1x24 - 07-25-2023

I dont follow Mara lions that much, but looks like all those older, legendary Mara lions/coalitions are gone, and next/new gen taken over.

Are Kaka and Maridadi still alive?

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BA0701 - 07-25-2023

Man, I hate to hear this terrible news. Jessie was an absolute legend. He and his exploits will always be remembered fondly, by countless.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Mwk85 - 07-25-2023

Interesting sighting from back on the 20th. Lorkulup and Kutiti were seen together without any hostility being shown. They each went their own way the following day as Lorkulup was seen mating with the old Rongai lioness. Unfortunately there's still no word Spearboy, hopefully he'll pop back up at some point.