WildFact
Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara (/topic-other-male-lion-coalitions-from-masai-mara)

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BigLion39 - 04-16-2023

6 Pack males (Bila Shaka) supposedly caught 1/3 young Marsh boys,  sons of Logol/Halftail and threw him a beating. They didn't kill him and as far as I know they didn't seriously injure him. I hope he will be ok.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Robot00 - 04-16-2023

(04-16-2023, 01:06 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: 6 Pack males (Bila Shaka) supposedly caught 1/3 young Marsh boys,  sons of Logol/Halftail and threw him a beating. They didn't kill him and as far as I know they didn't seriously injure him. I hope he will be ok.
I saw a youtube video and it says there's just 4 bila shaka left. Is that true? Which 5th member is missing/gone/dead?

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Mwk85 - 04-16-2023

(04-16-2023, 03:50 PM)Robot00 Wrote:
(04-16-2023, 01:06 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: 6 Pack males (Bila Shaka) supposedly caught 1/3 young Marsh boys,  sons of Logol/Halftail and threw him a beating. They didn't kill him and as far as I know they didn't seriously injure him. I hope he will be ok.
I saw a youtube video and it says there's just 4 bila shaka left. Is that true? Which 5th member is missing/gone/dead?

Doa, he hasn't been seen for some time now.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Mwk85 - 04-16-2023

Olobor and Oloshipa patrolling. Read that they were around Double Cross, which would put them closer to the Salas males and Fig Tree boys, right?

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Robot00 - 04-17-2023

(04-16-2023, 09:59 PM)Mwk85 Wrote:

He's the one that's always by himself protecting a pride right? Not sure which pride but paradise? Whichever pride he was protecting, what's going on with that pride now? Who's the new king there?

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Mwk85 - 04-17-2023

(04-17-2023, 12:09 AM)Robot00 Wrote:
(04-16-2023, 09:59 PM)Mwk85 Wrote:

He's the one that's always by himself protecting a pride right? Not sure which pride but paradise? Whichever pride he was protecting, what's going on with that pride now? Who's the new king there?

Yes, I don't recall exactly which pride it was but he tended to stay with it and not roam around as much as his brothers. Not sure if another male is with said pride or if they're on their own. Perhaps @BigLion39 has more information on that.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BigLion39 - 04-17-2023

(04-16-2023, 03:50 PM)Robot00 Wrote: I saw a youtube video and it says there's just 4 bila shaka left. Is that true? Which 5th member is missing/gone/dead?
Unfortunately Doa, Baba Yao litter mate and the most gorgeous of the brothers has been MIA since late Oct/Nov 2022. He is presumed dead and thought to be killed by  the 6 young Nyati Boys/Sausage Boys/Taliban Boys. Doa was seen always alone with with the pride and now the 6 Nyati Boys have been there ever since. I forget which pride exactly.

Edit... im pretty sure its River Pride in the Triangle. The other 4 boys are always with Paradise Pride now .

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BigLion39 - 04-17-2023

(04-16-2023, 11:26 PM)Mwk85 Wrote: Olobor and Oloshipa patrolling. Read that they were around Double Cross, which would put them closer to the Salas males and Fig Tree boys, right?

Double Cross is an area which was fought over between 4km- Ololparpit and Olbarnoti- Romeo2 & Mohican- Jesse and Frank years ago with L and O ultimately taking it. I think its between Ngoyunai pride in OMC, Fig Tree in the Reserve and Topi Plains so yes Salas Males and Fig Tree Boys should be close around.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Horizon - 04-17-2023

(04-17-2023, 11:07 AM)BigLion39 Wrote:
(04-16-2023, 11:26 PM)Mwk85 Wrote: Olobor and Oloshipa patrolling. Read that they were around Double Cross, which would put them closer to the Salas males and Fig Tree boys, right?

Double Cross is an area which was fought over between 4km- Ololparpit and Olbarnoti- Romeo2 & Mohican- Jesse and Frank years ago with L and O ultimately taking it. I think its between Ngoyunai pride in OMC, Fig Tree in the Reserve and Topi Plains so yes Salas Males and Fig Tree Boys should be close around.

Wow! That sounds dangerous. Olobor and Oloshipa don’t seem to fear anything.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Mwk85 - 04-19-2023

BRB's Oloshipa and Olobor taking down a pregnant buffalo. Oloimina and Lorkulup joined them not long after but Lorkulup stayed a little ways away from the kill while the other three fed on it. His facial injury may have something to do with that.

Lorkulup went airborne when chasing the vultures away from the carcass after Oloimina, Oloshipa, and Olobor moved off from it.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Mwk85 - 04-20-2023

Video of Lorkulup going airborne, lol.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BigLion39 - 04-20-2023

Black Rock Boys documentary should be coming out soon. Suppose to come out this year.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Lipstick2 - 04-21-2023

(04-19-2023, 10:41 PM)Mwk85 Wrote: BRB's Oloshipa and Olobor taking down a pregnant buffalo. Oloimina and Lorkulup joined them not long after but Lorkulup stayed a little ways away from the kill while the other three fed on it. His facial injury may have something to do with that.

Lorkulup went airborne when chasing the vultures away from the carcass after Oloimina, Oloshipa, and Olobor moved off from it.

Wow! What a brotherly force! Strong

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Mwk85 - 04-22-2023

Latest sighting of Morani, his age is definitely showing these days but he's still going, though. Said to have fed on a dead hippo so at least he got some needed food in him.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BigLion39 - 04-22-2023

Sad reality when things go south and management takes advantage of things. Outline of kinda what happened in Olarro South and unfortunately the animals including Green Eyes and Cesare2 took the brunt of it.

*This image is copyright of its original author

*This image is copyright of its original author