WildFact
Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara (/topic-other-male-lion-coalitions-from-masai-mara)

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Lipstick2 - 01-05-2023

(01-05-2023, 10:34 AM)BA0701 Wrote:
(01-05-2023, 10:04 AM)BigLion39 Wrote: Olobor and Oloshipa need to chill! Just as easily they can get separated and caught as they do to other males. Osupaat and Nyekendu have a bloody history as well. 

*This image is copyright of its original author

Which one of the Black Rock boys got seriously injured in a fight awhile back, maybe a year or more ago, especially got damaged around his groin area I believe.

I think you mean Olobor. He was the one who got a confrontation with Lookout pride males at that time Spikey&Enkuroto (sons of Derre&Barrikoi). He "succesfully" invaded their territory there as well, - but exceptionally alone - and that's how they bumped into each other. He almost "caught a cold" and stayed there but in the end he could get away cheaply. This was his first and last defeat so far...what can i say, he really trained from this incident.

Oloimina was the other one who had a bigger clash with Jesse a bit later, but that wasn't nearly such a big fight. They both grabbed each other's faces and tore and bite each other like that. Then they don't touch each other's rears at all i think, so it couldn't be fatal. But i think Oloimina also saved himself very effectively - just like his brother did in his own more serious clash - and his wounds on his face also have healed almost smoothly by now.

However, I don't know what could come out of the latest case; the Fig Tree Boys are also a very strong and cohesive duo and they are exactly the same age.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BA0701 - 01-05-2023

(01-05-2023, 11:55 AM)Lipstick2 Wrote:
(01-05-2023, 10:04 AM)BigLion39 Wrote: Olobor and Oloshipa need to chill! Just as easily they can get separated and caught as they do to other males. Osupaat and Nyekendu have a bloody history as well. 

Which one of the Black Rock boys got seriously injured in a fight awhile back, maybe a year or more ago, especially got damaged around his groin area I believe.

I think you mean Olobor. He was the one who got a confrontation with Lookout pride males at that time Spikey&Enkuroto (sons of Derre&Barrikoi). He "succesfully" invaded their territory there as well, - but exceptionally alone - and that's how they bumped into each other. He almost "caught a cold" and stayed there but in the end he could get away cheaply. This was his first and last defeat so far...what can i say, he really trained from this incident.

Oloimina was the other one who had a bigger clash with Jesse a bit later, but that wasn't nearly such a big fight. They both grabbed each other's faces and tore and bit each other like that. Then they don't touch each other's rears at all i think, so it couldn't be fatal. But i think Oloimina also saved himself very effectively - just like his brother did in his own more serious clash - and his wounds on his face also have healed almost smoothly by now.

However, I don't know what could come out of the latest case; the Fig Tree Boys are also a very strong and cohesive duo and they are exactly the same age.

Yes, I thought it might have been Olobor. Not only did he recover from some really nasty wounds, but he continues to maintain tremendous condition and his massive size. Thank you for that my friend!

(01-05-2023, 12:05 PM)BA0701 Wrote:
(01-05-2023, 11:55 AM)Lipstick2 Wrote:

Oloimina was the other one who had a bigger clash with Jesse a bit later, but that wasn't nearly such a big fight. They both grabbed each other's faces and tore and bit each other like that. Then they don't touch each other's rears at all i think, so it couldn't be fatal. But i think Oloimina also saved himself very effectively - just like his brother did in his own more serious clash - and his wounds on his face also have healed almost smoothly by now.

Yes, I thought it might have been Olobor. Not only did he recover from some really nasty wounds, but he continues to maintain tremendous condition and his massive size. Thank you for that my friend!

You're welcome. Here is a video of their fight (click on the link) :

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BigLion39 - 01-05-2023

I was afraid this might happen. Hope noone gets killed or hurt. Fog Tree Boys chasing Oloshipa. Olobor is im assuming far out infront of Oloshipa. Jeez the anxiety is crazy.

(01-05-2023, 12:05 PM)BA0701 Wrote: Yes, I thought it might have been Olobor. Not only did he recover from some really nasty wounds, but he continues to maintain tremendous condition and his massive size. Thank you for that my friend!

Yes Olobor took a good beating from Spikey and Enkuroto(hes now been missing for a while). Olobor was treated by Vets and survived. I think he would have survived either way tho. Im not so sure Osupaat and Nyekendu will let either one  survive this time as they're blood Brothers unlike Spikey and Enkuroto and IMHO much more aggro and brutes!

(01-05-2023, 12:19 PM)BigLion39 Wrote:
(01-05-2023, 12:05 PM)BA0701 Wrote: Yes, I thought it might have been Olobor. Not only did he recover from some really nasty wounds, but he continues to maintain tremendous condition and his massive size. Thank you for that my friend!

Yes Olobor took a good beating from Spikey and Enkuroto(hes now been missing for a while). Olobor was treated by Vets and survived. I think he would have survived either way tho. Im not so sure Osupaat and Nyekendu will let either one  survive this time as they're blood Brothers unlike Spikey and Enkuroto and IMHO much more aggro and brutes!

How old are all of these males?

(01-05-2023, 12:15 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: I was afraid this might happen. Hope noone gets killed or hurt. Fog Tree Boys chasing Oloshipa. Olobor is im assuming far out infront of Oloshipa. Jeez the anxiety is crazy.

Wow what recordings! I guessed that these two coalitions could be even more serious rivals one day. Even if they haven't really came so close to each other so far. But since they are exactly the same age and similarly famous for their feared behaviour, it was written in a book that it had to happen one day...

(01-05-2023, 12:23 PM)BA0701 Wrote:
(01-05-2023, 12:19 PM)BigLion39 Wrote:

How old are all of these males?

5 years old all of them.

Yeah all 5 year olds around. The problem is the vacancy left by Olope and Olbarikoi deaths. They held this territory between the Ronkai and Engoyunai territory which was like a buffer zone. OMC is pretty far from Ronkai territory. Hope the 2 duos settle this without blood shed. Theyve been going back and forth for about 5 hours now. Crazy!

@Lipstick2 and @BigLion39 thank you both. Those boys are young, on the lower side of their primes. If they can keep from harming one another, they should be around for a long time yet.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Robot00 - 01-05-2023

These two BRB seems to be splitting with their two other brothers as they're venturing further away from them looking for new females.

I cant blame them. They're young full of testosterone and there's not enough females for the four of them let alone five. splitting is inevitable. If their 5th brother was still alive, these five BRB would be a force wherever they go even if they split 3&2.

Now it seems it's 2&2 so there's an even chance for other males to defend and fight

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - 239Pu - 01-06-2023

(01-05-2023, 12:15 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: I was afraid this might happen. Hope noone gets killed or hurt. Fog Tree Boys chasing Oloshipa. Olobor is im assuming far out infront of Oloshipa. Jeez the anxiety is crazy.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BigLion39 - 01-06-2023

(01-05-2023, 02:03 PM)Robot00 Wrote: These two BRB seems to be splitting with their two other brothers as they're venturing further away from them looking for new females.

I cant blame them. They're young full of testosterone and there's not enough females for the four of them let alone five. splitting is inevitable. If their 5th brother was still alive, these five BRB would be a force wherever they go even if they split 3&2.

There's still a few females in Maji ya fisi pride for them to mate with but I really only see Oloshipa with them. Olobor doesn't seem to interested. 

From what I gather the obvious, Olobor Oloshipa patrolling around Fig Tree Pride outskirts looking for females but because no more males Nykendu and Osupaat were also in the area out of their territory. So olobor and Oloshipa found them and pushed them back to OMC.  Glad so far none of the boys got hurt (yet) or killed. 

Update from Salas Boys. Olepelos was seen out and about. Orkitok and Osapuk in the bushes, probably recovering. 

After the drama between Salas and Kijana coalition the 3 youngsters were video'd attacking a jeep. They stole the spare tire cover and played around with that for a while! These boys are very aggro!

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Robot00 - 01-06-2023

(01-06-2023, 10:53 AM)BigLion39 Wrote: After the drama between Salas and Kijana coalition the 3 youngsters were video'd attacking a jeep. They stole the spare tire cover and played around with that for a while! These boys are very aggro!
Their older brothers aggressiveness is rubbing off on them. They are the black rock(er) boys after all. I wouldnt be surprised if they challenge their 2 & 2 older brothers soon. As in head on collisions like vs salas

Just think that a few months ago the two younger BRB they were trying to get acceptance from their older brothers but they were denied because there was not many females to go around. Now soon it'll be internal family wars over females

The thought of SEVEN aggressive BRB together is scary. masai mara probably thought they needed to implement S.S mapogos contingency plan. Now they dont have to worry. One older BRB is gone, other four older ones are split 2&2, and the two younger ones didnt get accepted. Masai mara felt relieved.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Lipstick2 - 01-07-2023

3/5 Sankai Boys in Olchoro Oirouwa Conservancy (some days ago): in front Seenka, left Lemurt and right Kini.

Credit: Nick Kaleku
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cmyop0rI45n/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=