WildFact
Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara (/topic-other-male-lion-coalitions-from-masai-mara)

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - afortich - 06-28-2022

(09-27-2021, 01:58 AM)Cunaguaro Wrote: The Famous Spearboy.

With an old and severe injury on his back preventing him from progressing from a previous fight with many males and with the death of his father, who made his son his partner for a period of time, Spearboy appears today impressive and beautiful as always, a lion who knows how to survive and has the power of persistence!. He was seen with another young male and 2 females and two subadult males. Spearboy descends from great genes, the Notch bloodline.

Many thanks to my brother @hassaneini for sharing this amazing updates about Spearboy.

Masai Mara, Kenya.
Photographer Credit:
To follow & for prints: @hassaneini

How old is Spearboy? Any recent news about how he is doing??

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BigLion39 - 06-29-2022

Hes doing well. Last updates I saw was roughly a month ago looking in fantastic condition, nice full, darker mane, with full belly, despite the still bad, problematic limp. He was in close proximity to a few other females. I forget the area he was close by, maybe Lookout area. He must be around 9 years old now, give or take.

This pic was posted March 21, 2022... credits in pic....

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - afortich - 06-29-2022

(06-29-2022, 11:55 AM)BigLion39 Wrote: Hes doing well. Last updates I saw was roughly a month ago looking in fantastic condition, nice full, darker mane, with full belly, despite the still bad, problematic limp. He was in close proximity to a few other females. I forget the area he was close by, maybe Lookout area. He must be around 9 years old now, give or take.

This pic was posted March 21, 2022... credits in pic....

Thank you for the update buddy!!

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - lionuk - 06-29-2022

1/3 Salas males, Osapuk, by Big On Wild

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BigLion39 - 06-30-2022

1 of the 5 young Encoyanai boys, Mwana.  These 5 boys are pride males of the Offbeat Pride. 5 of the 6 are alive and well, sons of Lolparpit and Olbarnoti!

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BigLion39 - 06-30-2022

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BigLion39 - 07-01-2022

Sala in this pic, brother to Cheza, Junior, Lolparpit, and Olbarnoti. They left the Ridge Pride together as a 5 male coalition. Took over the Olkiombo, aka Fig Tree, Pride. Lolparpit and Olbarnoti had a rough time with the females as they were very young at the time so they split from the other 3 and started their famous journey!

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BigLion39 - 07-02-2022

1/2  Mguro boys. His name is Mrefu, son of Slit Nose Bob Marley and Ziggy Marley, the old notorious Ololooloo Boys!  He looks juat like Slit Nose!

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BigLion39 - 07-02-2022

The all and powerful Chongo, looks so much like Lolparpit!!!

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BA0701 - 07-02-2022

(07-02-2022, 12:45 AM)BigLion39 Wrote: The all and powerful Chongo, looks so much like Lolparpit!!!

Lolparpit had such a distinctive and beautiful appearance, you can really see him in Chongo for sure. From the sounds of it, he inherited his father's feistiness as well.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Mwarcaar - 07-04-2022

4 of 5 inselbergs males
throwbacks to 2017 when they were still in the serengeti singita mara river
they are now in the mara triangle and continue to move north

At 06:00

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BigLion39 - 07-05-2022

Love the 5 Inselberg Boys! Slit Lip is my favorite! He seems to be with the pride lately while the other 4 are out expanding. I've heard they are making their way up North closer to the 5 Bila Shaka!

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Mwarcaar - 07-05-2022

(07-05-2022, 01:28 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: Love the 5 Inselberg Boys! Slit Lip is my favorite! He seems to be with the pride lately while the other 4 are out expanding. I've heard they are making their way up North closer to the 5 Bila Shaka!

I 've heard that too 
is there a map of masai mara with territories of the differents prides and coalitions that control them?

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BA0701 - 07-05-2022

(07-05-2022, 01:28 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: Love the 5 Inselberg Boys! Slit Lip is my favorite! He seems to be with the pride lately while the other 4 are out expanding. I've heard they are making their way up North closer to the 5 Bila Shaka!

That split lip was the first thing I noticed first time I saw these boys. Do we, by chance, know how it came to be, was he born with it?

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BigLion39 - 07-06-2022

(07-05-2022, 03:17 PM)Mwarcaar Wrote: I 've heard that too 
is there a map of masai mara with territories of the differents prides and coalitions that control them?

I don't think there is a current map. I do remember seeing a map once before but I don't think its anything like these fine gentleman on the forum make for Sabi Sands and Kruger. You can check on the Mara Preddtor Conservation Program page.