WildFact
Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara (/topic-other-male-lion-coalitions-from-masai-mara)

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Mabingilane - 06-06-2022

Jesse at 11 years old is looking incredible. 

Last time these guys saw one another as father & son was in 2017. 

Such an amazing interaction. 

Jesse is the Nomad King.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BA0701 - 06-14-2022

Rekeros giving two of their sub sons a tough send off.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BA0701 - 06-16-2022

Tribesman from the Mara chases off a lioness who is eating one of his cows.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - lionuk - 06-16-2022

(06-06-2022, 07:31 PM)Mabingilane Wrote: Last time these guys saw one another as father & son was in 2017. 
Jesse probably was in awe how impressive his son looked

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BigLion39 - 06-17-2022

The 4 Mara North Boys, aka Ex-Offbeat Boys pushed into Lemek territory and chased out the 5 big, younger Sankai Boys up into Enonkishu conservancy !!! These 2 coalitions have been chasing each other back and forth for a while now. Ntui (in one of the pics) has been matung with a Lemek lioness. Saruni and Osidai are in the other pics while Oronkai was close by! Dynamics are shifting up there, let's see what happens! 

Credits... screenshots of video taken by Jackson Photography...

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BA0701 - 06-18-2022

RIP Sirikoi. Video just dropped about 10 mins ago, with no word on cause of death.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BigLion39 - 06-19-2022

Very sad. He reciaeved a bad hip injury a few months ago. Vets intervened by taking him into something like an observation area, a cage, Sirikoi ended up braking his teeth and jaw attacking the metal bars and I believe he was ultimately put down. Sad, sad story as my instinct tells me Sirikoi would have recovered enough in the wild to survive and continue thriving if the humans would have left him alone. Very unfortunate. This is in Nairobi Kenya tho, not the Mara.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Tr1x24 - 06-19-2022

(06-19-2022, 02:26 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: Very sad. He reciaeved a bad hip injury a few months ago. Vets intervened by taking him into something like an observation area, a cage, Sirikoi ended up braking his teeth and jaw attacking the metal bars and I believe he was ultimately put down. Sad, sad story as my instinct tells me Sirikoi would have recovered enough in the wild to survive and continue thriving if the humans would have left him alone. Very unfortunate. This is in Nairobi Kenya tho, not the Mara.

Thats the problem, you cant threat wild lions in longer period of times, it wont work.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BA0701 - 06-19-2022

(06-19-2022, 02:26 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: Very sad. He reciaeved a bad hip injury a few months ago. Vets intervened by taking him into something like an observation area, a cage, Sirikoi ended up braking his teeth and jaw attacking the metal bars and I believe he was ultimately put down. Sad, sad story as my instinct tells me Sirikoi would have recovered enough in the wild to survive and continue thriving if the humans would have left him alone. Very unfortunate. This is in Nairobi Kenya tho, not the Mara.

That is sad news indeed. I had done a search, not being as familiar with Sirikoi, and found other posts in this thread so with assuming doing what it does I posted it in the wrong thread. I will leave it here now, due to replies, which will break up continuity at this point. Thank you for the information on his plight @BigLion39

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Mwarcaar - 06-22-2022

Extended video of olobor killing hyena with others clan members trying to chase him off

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BigLion39 - 06-24-2022

Marsh Pride males Logol & Halftail have been seen in Mara North Conservancy expanding their territory into the vacancies left by the 4 Ex- Offbeat boys. Acatia Pride and the River Pride are on the menu! Interesting time ahead. Hopefully they won't fully vacate Marsh territory and see their young Cubs to adulthood. 

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BA0701 - 06-24-2022

(06-24-2022, 02:56 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: Maesh Pride males Logol & Halftail have been seen in Mara North Conservancy expanding their territory into the vacancies left by the 4 Ex- Offbeat boys. Acatia Pride and the River Pride are on the menu! Interesting time ahead. Hopefully they won't fully vacate Marsh territory and see their young Cubs to adulthood. 

Fixed it for you my friend.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BigLion39 - 06-25-2022

(06-24-2022, 09:42 PM)BA0701 Wrote: Fixed it for you my friend.

Thank you!!!

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Mwarcaar - 06-26-2022

Chongo of the bilashaka coaliton

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Mwarcaar - 06-28-2022

Another extended video of olobor against the hyena clan, better view an earlier action