WildFact
Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara (/topic-other-male-lion-coalitions-from-masai-mara)

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Mdz123 - 11-15-2021

Fig Tree males
Credits: Elaine Odetoyinbo

https://www.instagram.com/p/CV6c0fRrv4O/?utm_medium=copy_link

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BigLion39 - 11-15-2021

Nykendu, he's a mini Maridadi!!!!  Speaking of  Maradadi has not been seen in over 1 month now. 3 Black Rock Boys strolled into their territory causing Kaka anand his bro to venture into the 3 Kisinja males territory. That was  a month ago.  Kaka has been filmed multiple times since back with the pride but no Maradadi. Loki , 1/3 Kisinja males, has cuts and injuries on his face since too. Im hoping Maradai pops up but who knows.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BA0701 - 11-16-2021

(11-15-2021, 02:10 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: Nykendu, he's a mini Maridadi!!!!  Speaking of  Maradadi has not been seen in over 1 month now. 3 Black Rock Boys strolled into their territory causing Kaka anand his bro to venture into the 3 Kisinja males territory. That was  a month ago.  Kaka has been filmed multiple times since back with the pride but no Maradadi. Loki , 1/3 Kisinja males, has cuts and injuries on his face since too. Im hoping Maradai pops up but who knows.

I try to inquire, periodically, but has anyone ever heard any more of Ololashe <sp?> and Fang since that encounter some time back?

To this day, I believe that video may still be the most impressive representation of a lion possessing forethought, and literally performing a very illadvised action, in order to elicit the specific response of being accepted. Such incredible footage.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BigLion39 - 11-16-2021

(11-16-2021, 08:01 AM)BA0701 Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 02:10 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: Nykendu, he's a mini Maridadi!!!!  Speaking of  Maradadi has not been seen in over 1 month now. 3 Black Rock Boys strolled into their territory causing Kaka anand his bro to venture into the 3 Kisinja males territory. That was  a month ago.  Kaka has been filmed multiple times since back with the pride but no Maradadi. Loki , 1/3 Kisinja males, has cuts and injuries on his face since too. Im hoping Maradai pops up but who knows.

I try to inquire, periodically, but has anyone ever heard any more of Ololashe <sp?> and Fang since that encounter some time back?

To this day, I believe that video may still be the most impressive representation of a lion possessing forethought, and literally performing a very illadvised action, in order to elicit the specific response of being accepted. Such incredible footage.

I have ask on more than one occasion and Blondie/Fang Kitchwa male has not been seen since  around that time. Also Kijana has disappeared as well. Ololashe was seen a few weeks ago as far as I know, I have seen pics of him... alone. Tooo many lions across the the Mara, Kruger, etc.... disappear without a trace. 

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BA0701 - 11-16-2021

(11-16-2021, 01:18 PM)BigLion39 Wrote:

I have ask on more than one occasion and Blondie/Fang Kitchwa male has not been seen since  around that time. Also Kijana has disappeared as well. Ololashe was seen a few weeks ago as far as I know, I have seen pics of him... alone. Tooo many lions across the the Mara, Kruger, etc.... disappear without a trace. 

That was such an incredible video, I was quite shocked the following day when the same guide said he believed Fang had actually gotten away with the female. I hate to hear that Kijana and Fang have not been seen since, it's been about a year since that interaction, if memory serves. Does Ololashe still have that pride, or has he been forced into becoming a nomad?

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Gijima - 11-16-2021

(11-16-2021, 07:45 PM)BA0701 Wrote:

That was such an incredible video, I was quite shocked the following day when the same guide said he believed Fang had actually gotten away with the female. I hate to hear that Kijana and Fang have not been seen since, it's been about a year since that interaction, if memory serves. Does Ololashe still have that pride, or has he been forced into becoming a nomad?

That's terrible. I figured Fang may not be around anymore but Kijana missing is bad news. He was so young. 

And I highly doubt Ololashe is still dominant without Kijana. I haven't heard of lone males holding territories in the Mara for long. It seems like a highly competitive area where you need at least a partner (and even then it's not easy).

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BigLion39 - 11-17-2021

I haven't seen any pics or info with Ololashe holding that pride anymore. If I'm not mistaken, wasn't that the Oloololo pride? If so the 6 pack control them and a huge area with  dozens of females around there.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BA0701 - 11-17-2021

(11-17-2021, 02:25 PM)BigLion39 Wrote:

I haven't seen any pics or info with Ololashe holding that pride anymore. If I'm not mistaken, wasn't that the Oloololo pride? If so the 6 pack control them and a huge area with  dozens of females around there.

Yeah, that was the Oloololo pride. Real shame about Kijana, and Fang as well, but Ololashe was a really impressive male, I hope he can find a partner. Sekekama and his brother, among others, are proof that two lions can be successful for a long time, in the Mara.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Gijima - 11-17-2021

Sekekama is from Botswana.:) There’s only a handful of prides there and as far as I know no big coalitions. 

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BA0701 - 11-18-2021

(11-17-2021, 11:42 PM)Gijima Wrote: Sekekama is from Botswana.:) There’s only a handful of prides there and as far as I know no big coalitions. 

I thought Savage Kingdom had been filmed in the Mara, so huge mistake on my part, thank you for clarifying.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Mdz123 - 11-19-2021

Lemurt and Lerai of the Sankai males
Both phot credits: Urs Hungerbuhler

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Mdz123 - 11-19-2021

More photos of Sankai males:

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Leo Aslan - 11-24-2021

The amazing Scarface and his Musketeer brothers

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Mdz123 - 11-28-2021

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BigLion39 - 11-29-2021

Gorgeous Frank2/Olope^^^