WildFact
Bigcats News - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nature & Conservation (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-nature-conservation)
+--- Forum: News, Events & Updates (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-news-events-updates)
+--- Thread: Bigcats News (/topic-bigcats-news)

RE: Bigcats News - Roflcopters - 05-10-2016

A mark tigress died after a fail predation on a gaur, heard the months leading to her death. she was barely walking and Dendu did what he could to save her. Rip A Mark 

Also i heard the dominant male cub from Kuhani female's 2014 litter was found dead in Kolsa a few days back, again waiting for reports. Rip

RE: Bigcats News - Vijay Rajan - 05-10-2016

(05-10-2016, 03:03 AM)Roflcopters Wrote: A mark tigress died after a fail predation on a gaur, heard the months leading to her death. she was barely walking and Dendu did what he could to save her. Rip A Mark 

Also i heard the dominant male cub from Kuhani female's 2014 litter was found dead in Kolsa a few days back, again waiting for reports. Rip

These are the last photos of Tigress A-Mark I received on a Whatsapp group. Pardon the low resolution screenshots off-camera LCD screen.

RE: Bigcats News - Roflcopters - 05-10-2016

those pictures are horrible to watch, i zoomed in on the picture and i can kind of see the wounds from possibly the horns? sad that she had to go like this, I guess on the other hand. she lived her life to the fullest and went down like a true warrior. RIP

Tfs

RE: lion killed in nairobi, kenya - achyut - 05-11-2016

(04-04-2016, 06:04 PM)Majingilane Wrote: This is the same news posted in the thread Big cat news. Mohawk male.

thanks for the reply. i have been following all the lions post from you guys. this is best site to be updated with all the happenings from the different pride.

RE: lion killed in nairobi, kenya - tigerluver - 05-11-2016

Moved the thread to news as it fits better.

We greatly appreciate the kind words @achyut!

RE: Bigcats News - Pckts - 05-12-2016

Tiger carcass recovered from well in Pench Tiger Reserve buffer zone

A tiger was found dead in a fenceless well in Pench Tiger Reserve’s buffer zone in MP’s Seoni district on Saturday.

According to local sources, the tiger slipped into the well in an agricultural field in Simaria village, possibly while chasing another animal. The village is located in the Ghatkohka range of the Pench Tiger Reserve.
Principal chief conservator of forests (PCCF), Narendra Kumar told HT that the department would probe the circumstances of the five-year-old male tiger’s death. “After any such death of a tiger or a leopard, an inquiry is mandatory according to the rules. Sometimes, villagers kill a leopard and throw it into a well. In the case of tigers, this is not easy, but our officials will look into all possible angles during their probe,” he said.
The tiger’s carcass was later fished out from the well by the wildlife officials. After its post-mortem, last rites were performed according to the rules of National Tiger Conservation Authority.
This is not the first case in recent times when a tiger has been found dead. Last month the body of a tiger was found in a 40-feet deep gorge in the Udainagar forests of Dewas district. Some nails on the tiger’s paws were found missing. The forest department officials however claimed the tiger died a natural death, possibly of old age.
In November last year, a sub-adult tiger was found dead in the Kanha tiger reserve. The tiger’s body had injury marks and was partially eaten, prompting park management to infer that it had been killed by another tiger.

*This image is copyright of its original author

http://www.hindustantimes.com/bhopal/tiger-carcass-recovered-from-well-in-pench-tiger-reserve-buffer-zone/story-TZ90MLvea5933zna3YiAWK.html

Any chance anybody here knows who to contact to ask if measurements or weight was obtained?
Probably hard since the body was sitting in a well.

RE: Bigcats News - Roflcopters - 05-12-2016

Pckts, its the same huge male that died in January, you posted his pictures before.

RE: Bigcats News - Apollo - 05-12-2016

(05-12-2016, 05:09 AM)Pckts Wrote: Tiger carcass recovered from well in Pench Tiger Reserve buffer zone

A tiger was found dead in a fenceless well in Pench Tiger Reserve’s buffer zone in MP’s Seoni district on Saturday.

According to local sources, the tiger slipped into the well in an agricultural field in Simaria village, possibly while chasing another animal. The village is located in the Ghatkohka range of the Pench Tiger Reserve.
Principal chief conservator of forests (PCCF), Narendra Kumar told HT that the department would probe the circumstances of the five-year-old male tiger’s death. “After any such death of a tiger or a leopard, an inquiry is mandatory according to the rules. Sometimes, villagers kill a leopard and throw it into a well. In the case of tigers, this is not easy, but our officials will look into all possible angles during their probe,” he said.
The tiger’s carcass was later fished out from the well by the wildlife officials. After its post-mortem, last rites were performed according to the rules of National Tiger Conservation Authority.
This is not the first case in recent times when a tiger has been found dead. Last month the body of a tiger was found in a 40-feet deep gorge in the Udainagar forests of Dewas district. Some nails on the tiger’s paws were found missing. The forest department officials however claimed the tiger died a natural death, possibly of old age.
In November last year, a sub-adult tiger was found dead in the Kanha tiger reserve. The tiger’s body had injury marks and was partially eaten, prompting park management to infer that it had been killed by another tiger.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/bhopal/tiger-carcass-recovered-from-well-in-pench-tiger-reserve-buffer-zone/story-TZ90MLvea5933zna3YiAWK.html

Any chance anybody here knows who to contact to ask if measurements or weight was obtained?
Probably hard since the body was sitting in a well.

Is this the same tiger death report

RE: Bigcats News - Pckts - 05-12-2016

Ok, at least when know his length. I would of loved to know what that giant weighed though.

RE: Bigcats News - Vijay Rajan - 05-19-2016

Just now received sad news from Bandhavgarh that Bamera (who'd been undergoing treatment in the Bahera enclosure) passed away this morning. Detailed official statement awaited.

R.I.P Big Boy, you'll be sorely missed !

RE: Bigcats News - Sully - 05-19-2016

wow, sad new that is. One of the biggest and most legendary beasts ever...RIP

RE: Bigcats News - Sully - 05-19-2016

Enough comparisons and more appreciation of a once in a lifetime tiger

RE: Bigcats News - sanjay - 05-19-2016

RIP Bamera,

This is saddest news. Knowing him from so many year this news make me feel so sad.  Disappointed

RE: Bigcats News - Spalea - 05-19-2016

Sad new. By reading your accounts I learnt to know him as remarkable tiger. RIP.

RE: Bigcats News - Pckts - 05-19-2016

Horrible news! But at least he's out of his man made prison and free again.
RIP big bam.