WildFact
Bigcats News - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nature & Conservation (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-nature-conservation)
+--- Forum: News, Events & Updates (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-news-events-updates)
+--- Thread: Bigcats News (/topic-bigcats-news)

RE: Bigcats News - Roflcopters - 03-29-2016

according to the forest department she was poisoned. 

*This image is copyright of its original author

My late princess Baghin Nala (Rip)

dead body being carried away

what a terrible way to go, hope they catch the culprits soon.. Rip

search and rescue team looking for cubs, they also found 3 dead deers that were poisoned around the crime scene.

search and rescue team again

two of the cubs

apparently one of other cubs fed on this one to survive but didn't make it and died, so far out of the 4 cubs. 2 are confirmed dead, 1 was found safe by the team and the fourth cub is still at large.

Here's Baghin Nala and Bmw from May/2015

tragic loss for BMW as well, he lost his entire family in a single day..

RE: Bigcats News - Roflcopters - 03-29-2016

looks like Pckts beat me to it! Mods, please feel free to delete my post.

RE: Bigcats News - Pckts - 03-29-2016

No, I didn't realize she was the same female as BMW's mate!!!

Horrible, horrible news!
His blood line is gone and for no reason. Hopefully a new female takes over the lost territory so he can pass those giant genes on again.

RE: Bigcats News - sanjay - 03-29-2016

Let it there Rofl,
This is one of the saddest news I have heard this year.

RE: Bigcats News - Ngala - 03-30-2016

Very sad news, unacceptable. Hope that the authorities find the culprit.

RE: Bigcats News - Shardul - 03-30-2016

Was she poisoned by the nearby villagers or poachers? I think the former, because I've read that poisoning ruins the meat hence poachers never use this technique.

RE: Bigcats News - Pckts - 03-30-2016

I know there is a recent video of her with her cubs right next to a construction site with workers present. Not sure if that is of relevance but I thought it was worth noting.

RE: Bigcats News - Roflcopters - 03-30-2016

we all saw her as a cub in that famous documentary "Tiger: Spy in the Jungle" 

she was a daughter of Charger and Badi ma, sister of collarwali and her two brothers (all born on October 2005 - male cubs never seen after they seperated). 

if you skip to (44:41) the cub on the far left is Baghin Nala and the cub on the far right is Collarwali.

RE: Bigcats News - Pckts - 03-30-2016

"sad news ....
Ranthambhore Tigress T 35 found dead in suspicious condition in the sultanpur forests near Kota..
Tigress T 35 who moved to sultanpur forests from Ranthambhore 6 years back has been found dead in village khwada abt 50 kms frm district head quarters kota in suspicious condition.
it is suspected that she had been poisoned since her body has been found near the body of a blue bull which she had killed.
forest dept. Is investigating the reason of her death and has picked up samples frm the sight but officially nothing has been confirmed up till now.
she had migrated to this area from ranthambhore in 2010 and had stayed here as the conditions here were favourable for her.'

What the hell!!??
These villagers or who ever is doing this need to be punished, this is getting overboard.
I don't care if their cattle is their livelihood, its a wild animals who's job it is, is to kill!
You don't get to murder your ex boss if he fires you and you feel "wronged"  and these villagers don't get to murder because they feel "wronged" either!

RE: Bigcats News - Tshokwane - 03-30-2016

Lion killed. He was called Mohawk.

Apparently he escaped from the Nairobi National Park. 

The authorities found him and darted with half a dose of the tranquilizer. For some reason, they let the villagers come close(we all know how people can be complete idiots) and when the cat woke up he may have feel threatened and attacked people.

So they killed him.
Video, click on it.

RE: Bigcats News - Pckts - 03-31-2016

Are you kidding me!!!
They specifically said they weren't going to kill it.
What a joke... "stay with in our man made fence or we kill you"

DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!

"Living With The Last Tigers"

#CLaWTigerDeathReport

The story so far. YTD figures of tiger deaths.

The dates and age may vary depending upon different sources.

Pench area has lost the highest number of tigers in the year 2016.

Come on Human Kind, get your S*** together!

RE: Bigcats News - strana - 03-31-2016

(03-31-2016, 12:17 AM)Pckts Wrote: Are you kidding me!!!
They specifically said they weren't going to kill it.
What a joke... "stay with in our man made fence or we kill you"

DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!

"Living With The Last Tigers"

#CLaWTigerDeathReport

The story so far. YTD figures of tiger deaths.

The dates and age may vary depending upon different sources.

Pench area has lost the highest number of tigers in the year 2016.

Come on Human Kind, get your S*** together!

Overall, 2016 is being a very sad year for tiger conservation. First, Valmiki. The "Times of India" called it a "graveyard of big cats", at least 16 tigers poached in the last 15 months ( 6 in Nepal side). Second Corbett, with at least 5 tigers  have been reporteddly poached in last few months. Bad news from Bandipur, Pench, Nagarjunasagar ( lack of water and poaching ). Has the situation really deteriorated or we are simply able to have more information ??

RE: Bigcats News - Pckts - 03-31-2016

Great point @strana

RE: Bigcats News - tigerluver - 03-31-2016

2016 seems to just going back to the norm. If I'm not mistaken, we improved a lot in the last couple years from abysmal rates of poaching that ended Panna, for example. Management and resources is where the future lies. Weaken the quality of one or the other, and catastrophe will follow. 

Management seems to be the issue in Mohawk's case. Rangers couldn't keep villagers away? I'm sure they could move them off no problem if they truly wanted to. Killing the lion was cheaper than relocating him.

RE: Bigcats News - Tshokwane - 03-31-2016

Very interesting piece. This may be a personal opinion, but please take a moment to read it. 
Written by Eric Ochanji II:

Do not be deceived dear Kenyans. I have lived long enough in Kenya to know the games politicians play. We have people in this government whose appetite for land and money is bordering on madness. This country is sinking under the heavy weight of avarice and the thirst for land. If the government wants to control the lions and keep them in the park, it will. But they don't want them in there.

The Nairobi national Park is now the focus of their greed. It sits on a prime area, it sits at the heart of Nairobi, the heart of their greed and appetite, Kenya’s political and economic capital, it is virgin, it is big, it is lucrative, they are salivating. If you give me the Nairobi national Park today, I will do nothing else. I will just write on Facebook and eat comfortably till Kingdom come.

Do not be deceived that lions are roaming the streets. Someone is creating a vent in the park to release the lions to come to town. The plan is to have as many lions as possible enter the streets of Nairobi or surrounding areas, kill or maim some few Kenyans then arouse public anger.

Thereafter some hungry wildlife or environmental activist or some human-wildlife conflict nerd and some other mouthy dregs will be paid a tidy poverty eradicating sum to go to the press, trend, everywhere and rant how the park should be relocated as it is dangerously close to the city and residential areas.

Then the veritable plunder begins. The scramble for the partition of Nairobi National Park will be set rolling. A ‘concerned’ government will let stakeholders ‘discuss’ then take it to the cabinet, parliament, everywhere where the decision MUST be passed.

They will suggest the animals be relocated to Tsavo, Maasai Mara, everywhere at cost of say (200 billion). The money will be borrowed from the international financial markets where 50 billion shillings will be used to relocate the animals, 150 billion ‘eaten’ and the land remains bare for the greed, appetite and plunder of the known private developers.

Those Lions are innocent. They have been told to go to the streets. When they bring up this story, beware and stand firm.

Personally, I see a lot of truth in what he says, I wouldn't be surprised if that s what  some high ranking people is doing, just for profit.