WildFact
History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions (/topic-history-s-most-brutal-killers-the-majingilane-male-lions)

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - IñigoMontoya - 07-19-2017

(07-19-2017, 12:01 AM)NCAT33 Wrote: Why would the Majingilane agitate the BBoys? This seems like a death wish for them

In the last meeting they chased BB and Avoca males and I think now They are full of confidence.

I hope they do not make the same mistake that Kinky Tail.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - lioncrazy - 07-19-2017

How deep are they in bboys territory? And how far is gold mane from his brothers

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - vinodkumarn - 07-19-2017

(07-19-2017, 01:03 AM)lioncrazy Wrote: How deep are they in bboys territory? And how far is gold mane from his brothers

Golden mane is with Othawas

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - vinodkumarn - 07-19-2017

MALAMALA TODAY: July 18th. 6 lion sightings: 2 of the most used phrases today: "They're back!" and "He's back!" The first refers to the return of the aging Manyelethi males- the individuals with the dark mane and the scared nose were found east of the Sand River in northern Charleston. The second refers to the fuller maned Matshipiri male who joined up with the Fourways pride this evening along the northern parts of our boundary with the Kruger National Park. The 2 Eyrefield lionesses were moving north along Sibuye Drive. The 3 young males from the Marthly pride were about 2km south and west of the Manyelethi males (their fathers). 2 Kambula lionesses were viewed opposite Rattray's Camp and another 2 were south of the camp. 

Credits: Mala Mala

Dark Mane in below image

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Fredymrt - 07-19-2017

Dark Mane Majingilane Showing Us why he is still the most dominant male in the Sabi Sands

Credits: Robin Hester Elephant plains, June 2011

Credits: Bob cooper Arathusa, August 2012

Credits: @vinodkumarn and Mala Mala July 18, 2017

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Chris - 07-19-2017

Why did the dark mane male lose his eye? Or how?

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Chris - 07-19-2017

I heard that when the majingilanes were 5 males the 5th male that was killed was actually the dominant male.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 07-19-2017

(07-19-2017, 06:49 PM)Chris Wrote: Why did the dark mane male lose his eye? Or how?

I'm not sure, but he was injured there maybe from a slap of one of his brothers, or from a lioness. 
(07-19-2017, 08:21 PM)Chris Wrote: I heard that when the majingilanes were 5 males the 5th male that was killed was actually the dominant male.

Some have said that, because of his size and the relatively larger mane. It could be, but I think he was just one of the older ones along with Dark mane, so that maybe made him more dominant.

Does anyone think the majingilanes can takeover the Birminghams? I mean if they catch one of them then they have a chance.

(07-19-2017, 08:50 PM)Tshokwane Wrote:
(07-19-2017, 06:49 PM)Chris Wrote: Why did the dark mane male lose his eye? Or how?

I'm not sure, but he was injured there maybe from a slap of one of his brothers, or from a lioness. 
(07-19-2017, 08:21 PM)Chris Wrote: I heard that when the majingilanes were 5 males the 5th male that was killed was actually the dominant male.

Some have said that, because of his size and the relatively larger mane. It could be, but I think he was just one of the older ones along with Dark mane, so that maybe made him more dominant.

What a force it would have been if that 5th male here. But weren't the 4 majingilanes close? So why didn't they help him?

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 07-19-2017

(07-19-2017, 08:56 PM)Chris Wrote: Does anyone think the majingilanes can takeover the Birminghams?

Nah. They're too old while the B males are young.

Quote:I mean if they catch one of them then they have a chance. 

Yeah, they could kill one. But that doesn't mean they would go to take over the land.

(07-19-2017, 08:58 PM)Chris Wrote: weren't the 4 majingilanes close? So why didn't they help him?

They were to the north of their brother, who had stayed behind to eat. 

I don't know if they were close or not, but I don't think so. They would have come to help him.

(07-19-2017, 09:10 PM)Tshokwane Wrote:
(07-19-2017, 08:58 PM)Chris Wrote: weren't the 4 majingilanes close? So why didn't they help him?

They were to the north of their brother, who had stayed behind to eat. 

I don't know if they were close or not, but I don't think so. They would have come to help him.

Man that was the 5th males huge mistake.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - IñigoMontoya - 07-19-2017

FredymrtDark Mane Majingilane Showing Us why he is still the most dominant male in the Sabi Sands

Credits: Robin Hester Elephant plains, June 2011

Credits: Bob cooper Arathusa, August 2012  

Credits:  @vinodkumarn and Mala Mala July 18, 2017

Ufff, In 2012 he was a impressive animal. In 2017 he remember me to Makhulu. Old and deteriorated but majestic yet. Be caferul guys its not wise what are you doing, brave but reckless.

(07-19-2017, 09:07 PM)Tshokwane Wrote:
(07-19-2017, 08:56 PM)Chris Wrote: Does anyone think the majingilanes can takeover the Birminghams?

Nah. They're too old while the B males are young.

Quote:I mean if they catch one of them then they have a chance. 

Yeah, they could kill one. But that doesn't mean they would go to take over the land.
Hey I think they would man because then it would be a 3 on 3 situation. And yeah the majingilanes might be old but there still strong males and the most important thing is the experience.