WildFact
History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions (/topic-history-s-most-brutal-killers-the-majingilane-male-lions)

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 10-14-2016

Credits to Diane Hendrick Frye.

First Dark Mane and Hip Scar, then Golden Mane joins Hip Scar.

Click on each video to play.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Fredymrt - 10-15-2016

top : hip scar june 2011
bottom : hip scar 2014

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Fredymrt - 10-15-2016

(05-02-2015, 07:58 PM)sanjay Wrote: Yes, As you guys told Matimbas are bigger lions when compared to Majins. I guess they can guess this.
Majins Are smart, They generally attack when they outnumbered their opponents.
mmm not complety true,i think this has been reported on the forum here but not this thread,so here's the info from the arathusa site. August 2011
by Ryan Johnston:
There’s the faintest whiff in the air whispering that warmer times aren’t far off. That said, with August being our windy month, the normally lush bush will dry out even more before the rainy season arrives. We set out this morning to the sound of lions roaring in the east, but little did we know exactly what we were in for. We were in the process of following up on the roaring cats when we received news over the radio that four of the Matimba males had been seen. A coalition of six males, the Matimbas are showing more and more interest in the northern Sabi Sand. This area is currently under the control of the four Majingilanes brothers, the same coalition of males that put an end to the Mapogo males’ reign in an epic battle just over a year ago.

We watched as the four Matimbas chased after a small herd of buffalo. The lions scattered in different directions as they tried to ambush the buffalo without success. While waiting for them to regroup, we heard roaring coming from the east about a hundred meters off. We thought nothing of it, assuming it was the males calling to mark their positions. Another radio call revealed that it was in fact "three of the Majingilanes brothers", and they were heading straight towards the Matimba males.

A verbal confrontation could only mean one thing. War.

Roars pierced the peaceful winter morning, and sightings of the two coalitions chasing each other over a main road were fast and intense. There was no physical contact, but it was clear from the outset that the two groups were squaring off. Sizing each other up. This posturing continued throughout the morning, and their roars could be heard far and wide. The Majingilanes eventually settled under a tree just off the main road, although they carried on roaring to just in case the Matimbas planned on returning anytime soon. After all this excitement we headed back to the lodge for a well deserved breakfast. Could this morning’s events herald the start of another war? Only time will tell.<br>
We returned in the afternoon to follow up on the Majingilanes, and found them under the tree where we’d left them in the morning. It looked as though they were still quite rattled by what had happened. Finding anything where the standoff took place would prove difficult, as the animals had all scattered as soon as they heard the lions having a go at each other. Luck was on our side however, because we soon ran intoSafari and Mafufunyane in the same area. We left Mafufunyane hunting and headed back to the lodge.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 10-15-2016

I knew about the encounter, I think I read about it once, but from their fist days I don't have a lot of info.

Golden Mane and Scar Nose look badass, I think I have one of the three from the same encounter.

*This image is copyright of its original author

And here's one of Dark Mane and Scar Nose from( I think) the same encounter.

Very good info, @Fredymrt . Thank you for sharing it with us.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Ngala - 10-16-2016

Hip Scar, from Londolozi Game Reserve: Photographic Journal: Noticing the Stranger Things.. credits to Kevin Power.
"With the increased predator activity during the drought the lion sightings have been amazing for us. We’ve been able to follow pride dynamics on a daily basis and always fascinates me as to whats happening in the lion world around Londolozi. Here one of the Majingilane males faces into the afternoon sun after hearing the distinctive sounds of a herd of buffalo in the distance."

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Skybed - 10-18-2016

Dark mane!

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Skybed - 10-19-2016

Scar nose!

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 10-21-2016

Golden Mane on the spotlight of this video, Hip Scar next to him. Credits to Rob the Ranger.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Skybed - 10-23-2016

The Majingilanes were spotted at Londolozi 5 days ago. Seems like the boys have been in that area for sometime already.

Hipscar @ Londolozi

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 10-23-2016

@Skybed  Sure about that?

Neither of those lions look like Hip Scar. The one below is a young lion and the one in the top looks much fatter than Hip Scar, and notice that there is no scar on the nose.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 10-23-2016

Hip Scar with the Othawa pride, credits to Idube Game Reserve.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Skybed - 10-24-2016

Leopard Hills Private Game Reserve

"It has now been confirmed that the Othawa Lioness has given birth to 3 cubs. We look forward to seeing them soon."

Apparently it's the lioness that has failed to get pregnant. Genes of two magnificent coalitions, great news!

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Skybed - 10-24-2016

@"Majingilane" regarding post #655

to be frank I really cannot be certain. I just copied wholesale from the forum found it. But there was another post regarding all four Majingilanes at Singita. It was posted on 17th Oct, I will try my best to interpret it. Anyways good point there as the pictures looks questionable.

@"Majingilane" regarding post #655

Yup bro u were spot. The post was updated by forum members. The first picture is HB (although I can't see his belly hair) and the other one is the young Mhangeni male. Kind of embarrassing haha.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 10-24-2016

Hip Scar taking a nap, credits to Idube Game Reserve.