WildFact
History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions (/topic-history-s-most-brutal-killers-the-majingilane-male-lions)

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 08-09-2016

Credits to Rob the Ranger.

At 1:14 and forward, when Golden Mane gets up and moves away, check out his massive frame.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 08-10-2016

Hip Scar, the eternal pirate. Credits to Hugo Breed.

*This image is copyright of its original author

And a silly one now. Credits to Idube game Reserve.

Golden Mane, credits to Singita.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 08-12-2016

The Kings walking into the sunlight... Credits to Hugo Breed, Leopard Hills.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 08-14-2016

The four together, credits to Rob the Ranger.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 08-15-2016

The report for july from Singita Sabi Sand:

Lions: The powerful but ageing coalition of Majingalane male lions continue to dominate our sightings of male lions. They have been sighted with the Othawa pride, with two of the male lions courting the two remaining lionesses. An interesting dynamic is that three sub-adult lions are accompanying the two lionesses, considering that hyenas killed their mother several months ago. The two dominant males have been tolerating the presence of these sub-adults.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 08-15-2016

When they sit like this they are very majestic. Credits to Craig Parsons

Dark Mane

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 08-16-2016

The video of the Majingilane feeding on the kill their sons made, after they chased away the clan of hyenas, the pics of which are posted in #557. Credits to Promise Mashile.

One thing that I note here is that Dark Mane is always pushing, particularly to Hip Scar. 

You can't be a weakling around Dark Mane, or you get ran over by him. So it's almost like he's the force that keeps them going forward.

Of course, this is only my interpretation of it.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 08-17-2016

Dark Mane again, enjoying the sunrise. Credits to Craig Parsons.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 08-17-2016

All four of them together. Credits to Hugo Breed - Leopard Hills Private Game Reserve.

And this one is from Idube Game Reserve.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - LionKiss - 08-17-2016

(08-15-2016, 09:05 PM)Majingilane Wrote: The report for july from Singita Sabi Sand:

Lions: The powerful but ageing coalition of Majingalane male lions continue to dominate our sightings of male lions. They have been sighted with the Othawa pride, with two of the male lions courting the two remaining lionesses. An interesting dynamic is that three sub-adult lions are accompanying the two lionesses, considering that hyenas killed their mother several months ago. The two dominant males have been tolerating the presence of these sub-adults.

They cubs are Majingilane offspring, why  should not they tolerated them.
just because their mom is dead?

(08-17-2016, 11:00 PM)LionKiss Wrote: They cubs are Majingilane offspring, why  should not they tolerated them.

I agree with you. I see no reason why the kids wouldn't be tolerated.

To my eyes, the one who wrote that exaggerate it a little bit, the subadults have at least two more years under their fathers watch to be safe.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 08-18-2016

Dark Mane watching some vultures, credits to Idube Game Reserve.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - LionKiss - 08-18-2016

(08-17-2016, 11:33 PM)Majingilane Wrote:
(08-17-2016, 11:00 PM)LionKiss Wrote: They cubs are Majingilane offspring, why  should not they tolerated them.

I agree with you. I see no reason why the kids wouldn't be tolerated.

To my eyes, the one who wrote that exaggerate it a little bit, the subadults have at least two more years under their fathers watch to be safe.

the othawa cubs must be around 21-23 months old, 
by next April-May they will be able to take care of themselves, as the Xihmungwe subadults.
They could stay with their fathers to enjoy their protection and hunting but in case there will be major changes they still could survive if they are lucky.
Besides the 2 othawa lionesses will be by their sides.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 08-18-2016

Scar Nose, credits to Craig Parsons.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Pckts - 08-18-2016

I love big boy Scar Nose, such a cool lion.