WildFact
History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions (/topic-history-s-most-brutal-killers-the-majingilane-male-lions)

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 07-01-2016

Hip Scar reminding everyone that he and his brothers are still around and have no plans to go... Credits to Rob the Ranger.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 07-02-2016

From Leopard Hills BlogWritten by Heinrich Röntgen
Posted June 13, 2016 (and for some reason I missed it)

Majingilane Male Lion Coalition finishing of the remains of a Buffalo Kill.

All four Males were seen feeding together, paired with some intense growling and interaction. They were finishing of the last remains of the buffalo they had killed two days before and moved off shortly after as they were heard roaring in the distance.

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Anthony - 07-03-2016

(04-24-2015, 05:18 PM)vizions Wrote: Lot of mistakes in your post. You should try to read more before assuming so many things.

When the 5 selatis first met the Majinginlanes, they were still sub-adults (3.5 years old). They didn't have a chance at all.

Do you think he had a chance against 3 adults male?

And then, in 2014 they were 3 separate fights where 4 Majin caught one selatis each time. Selati #4 got caught in first, then Selati #1, then Selati #3 died after the 3rd encounter. The selatis were outnumbered in all the fights.

And then, for your record², only 2 Mapogos were involve in the 2nd Mapogo-Majin fight. Only rasta and PB were fighting the Majingilanes at Elephant Plains. Makulu, T and Dreadlocks didn't have any signs of a fight on them the next days.
And if you thinks 4 Majin would have beat the 5 Mapogos in this fight, well.....

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Anthony - 07-03-2016

If the Maj had ever met up with a full contigency of Mapogo I doubt they would have been anymore than a brief footnote the history of SS.
The Maj never had a leader that was half the cat Mikulu was. Mikulu was huge, smart, strong and ruthless about the way he went about things. He had no qualms, in fact seemed to enjoy putting Mr.T in his place when T got out of line. 
Had these coalitions both been
 6-year olds when they met itwould have been a real war. Still though, if I were asked to make an educated guess on who the victors would be, without reservation I would say the Mapogos. There was a lot of rage in those cats from somewhere!!

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 07-03-2016

(07-03-2016, 12:54 AM)Anthony Wrote: If the Maj had ever met up with a full contigency of Mapogo I doubt they would have been anymore than a brief footnote the history of SS.

Still though, if I were asked to make an educated guess on who the victors would be, without reservation I would say the Mapogos. There was a lot of rage in those cats from somewhere!!
A bit of an exaggeration to consider them only a "brief footnote", considering how successful they have been.

However, I do think the Mapogo would have won at full force. Six vs five, with the Mapogos being, bigger, more experienced and more agressive.
Quote:The Maj never had a leader that was half the cat Mikulu was. Mikulu was huge, smart, strong and ruthless about the way he went about things. He had no qualms, in fact seemed to enjoy putting Mr.T in his place when T got out of line. 
Now, I disagree with that.

Comparisons are always odious, particularly with the kind of lion Makhulu was, but to say Dark Mane is "half the leader" Mak was is simply wrong.

Never forget that Dark Mane has managed to saty on top of his coalition since the early days, commanding feeding time and mating time, and having no problerms to put Golden Mane or Hip Scar in their places.

And above that, he's one of the best dads of the coalition along with Hip Scar, I would even say he's more tolerant and patient with the kids.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 07-03-2016

Scar Nose, credits to Craig Parsons.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 07-04-2016

Footage of the time when an elephant died and the 4 Majingilane and the Othawa pride fed on it. Credits to Rob the Ranger.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 07-07-2016

Hip Scar with the tailess Tsalala female and two of the sub-adults. Credits to Idube Game Reserve.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 07-09-2016

Hip Scar sleeping, credits to Idube Game Reserve.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 07-10-2016

Dark Mane and Scar Nose, credits to Idube Game Reserve and Promise Mashile(2nd pic)

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 07-11-2016

Strenghtening the bonds, credits to Promise Mashile

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Gamiz - 07-11-2016

Amazing pic of Scar Nosed Majingilane crossing the river at Inyati Game Lodge

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 07-13-2016

A bit of the Majingilane, with Scar Nose starring. Credits to Khimbini Wildlife Videos.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 07-15-2016

Being in the presence of a male lion is the most amazing feeling. Credits to Craig Parsons.

Golden Mane

The Majingilane bonding, starting around 2:24 with Black Mane, Scar Nose and Golden Mane fooling around like boys and then Black Mane with the Othawa pride. Credits to Khimbini Wildlife Videos.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 07-16-2016

Dark Mane and Golden Mane mock mating. Credits to Rob the Ranger.

A comment there by Robin asked if this was related to dominance, since in the video it was the other way around with Golden Mane mounting Dark Mane.

This was Rob's response, and it's very interesting:

This picture comes from a minute before Promise filmed the reverse, it is not about dominance in this case, more about increasing the bond that links them, it's sort of like saying 'hey, I know we fight about little things, but I still love you'. If it was dominance then they would not have immediately swapped positions.