WildFact
History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions (/topic-history-s-most-brutal-killers-the-majingilane-male-lions)

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 05-11-2016

Quote:Around 1:33 you can see what appears to be  a puncture wound on Hip Scar

Those dark patches are simply mange or something like that, he's had that since forever, after all, the one he has in the hip is how he got his name.But no, right now he's not carrying wounds from territorial fights, although he gets sometimes in fights with his brothers.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - NCAT33 - 05-11-2016

I was referring to the hole, top right of his tail. Mange is on his shoulder. If you zoom in you can see it clearly.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - LionKiss - 05-11-2016

(05-11-2016, 02:18 AM)NCAT33 Wrote: Around 1:33 you can see what appears to be  a puncture wound on Hip Scar, is this from one of the encounters with the Matimba's or another fight?

you probably mean a hole in his lower back.
no I don't think so, HS has not been involved in any fight recently. His injured back hip as you see has deteriorated further and it is a hindernisse to fight .
If HS gets involved in a fight he will be critically injured, he better stay with the Othawa.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - LionKiss - 05-11-2016

(05-11-2016, 04:43 AM)lioncrazy Wrote: I don't understand how sad??? They are just walking if he was in poor condition I don't think he would be on patrolling with the bros the majigilanes understand the numbers game I don't think they would put them self at a disadvantage

HS is in poor condition, see his back right hip, and his face.
DM and SN are in good shape.

Probably the others demand from HS to take part in patrols, instead of staying behind mating with the Othawas all day long.
Lions do this, I have read a report saying that Makhulu wanted the other Mapogos to join him in patrols.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Spalea - 05-11-2016

Seriously, we clearly seen that HP is not in good condition. No use to deny it, even if he can still patroll with his brothers.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - NCAT33 - 05-11-2016

(05-11-2016, 11:22 AM)LionKiss Wrote:
(05-11-2016, 02:18 AM)NCAT33 Wrote: Around 1:33 you can see what appears to be  a puncture wound on Hip Scar, is this from one of the encounters with the Matimba's or another fight?

no I don't think so, HS has not been involved in any fight recently. His injured back hip as you see has deteriorated further and it is a hindernisse to fight .
If HS gets involved in a fight he will be critically injured, he better stay with the Othawa.

Not to belabor the point, but at exactly 1:42 there are clearly two punctures. The larger of the two I referenced above and the second is at roughly 4 o'clock to the right of it. Hip Scar may not have been involved in a fight recently, but he has clearly been bitten on his right hind hip during at some point in his lifetime.

(05-11-2016, 08:41 PM)NCAT33 Wrote:
(05-11-2016, 11:22 AM)LionKiss Wrote:

Not to belabor the point, but at exactly 1:42 there are clearly two punctures. The larger of the two I referenced above and the second is at roughly 4 o'clock to the right of it. Hip Scar may not have been involved in a fight recently, but he has clearly been bitten on his right hind hip during at some point in his lifetime.

yes those two punctures I meant too.
the are from Killing Bite which could have affected the nerves of his right back leg.
The marks are quite recent, He did not have this bites a few weeks ago.
They can't be from his brothers or from the Othawa Lionesses.

see this video at 08:00 - 08:35, it is Hip Scar but those two punctures don't exist.
it is a recent video but before their last trip in Elephant Plains, so there might be a fight with the Matimbas because one of the Matimbas had a small injury on his right front paw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0-cNvJ93zc

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 05-15-2016

Hip Scar, sleeping with his girl. Credits to Promise Mashile.

*This image is copyright of its original author

In plural also. Credits to Idube Game Reserve

Video of Black Mane and Hip Scar, from some time back, after the fight with the Matimbas.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 05-15-2016

Golden Mane is also with the Othawa pride. Pic credits to Hugo Breed Wildtography.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Gamiz - 05-15-2016

Hip Scar. Credits to Leopard Hills Private Reserve

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 05-17-2016

Scar Nose, credits to Idube Game Reserve and Leopard Hills.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 05-19-2016

The boys sleeping. The four are with the Othawa pride. Credits to Idube Game Reserve.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 05-22-2016

I think the most impressive male lion in the most impressive situation was this Majingilane. He and he brother were surrounded in a semi circle by 24 hyena. The lions were head deep in a buffalo kill and the hyena were slowly inching forward. Finally he had enough and stood up and gave them "the look" The sun was behind him and he presented himself looking incredibly powerful. The hyena wisely backed away. 

Credits to Michael Moss, Londolozi Game Reserve.

Scar Nose, from 2010. He looks badass.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - brotherbear - 05-22-2016

I would hate to be walking across a meadow and blunder into that guy!

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 05-27-2016

Scar Nose, looking up at some vultures flying over. Credits to Cpar photography - Craig Parsons.