WildFact
History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions (/topic-history-s-most-brutal-killers-the-majingilane-male-lions)

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 05-10-2016

Quote:But Hip Scar's Hip problem can't be fixed, he is like this for years. Rob confirms this in this video around 08:00. 
Yes, I know that. To me it looks like it's dislocated. But, I've heard Rob saying that aside from when Hip Scar gets up and is a bit stiff, then he has not much trouble walking.
Quote:The recent Majingilane trip eastwards is still a mystery, since the Matimbas were North in Simbambili a few days earlier. Matimbas trip is still unexplained too but it does not look like they fled to avoid the Majingilane. 
I don't think it's a mistery of any sorts. 

At first, they were just defending their territory, they didn't want the Matimbas near. But now it's different, there's a clear intent on their actions, but I think having young cubs it's what holds them from launching a full invasion.
Quote:The problem is that the Majingilane are not dominant in Londolozi anymore, they are in Singita and west, why Londolozi lodge is so fond of them. Personally I don't like it because they give the impression that they (londolozi) feel bad that the Majingilane left their estate.  
Jaja why, why would they? 

The Majingilane are not the first dominant males there nor will they be the last, so why would they recieve any special treatment?. They're just lions, that's all.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - LionKiss - 05-10-2016

A dislocated hip is a big problem, I don't believe Hip Scar's problem is a dislocated hip, he could not walk with this leg.
Probably it has to do with a fractured bone which healed incorrectly and has affected his muscular system too, could put pressure on some nerves etc, I had a dog with this problem.

As for the recent trip up north east, probably they were visiting their other pride, the mangheni.
They can visit Londolozi but they are not dominant there anymore. The only reason for them and for any other lion to launch an invasion is to take over a pride.

Of course the Majingilane is not the first or last in Londolozi but they are receiving special treatment and this is difficult to understand. There is nothing wrong with the Majingilane but with Londolozi and how they present the Majingilane, especially when the Majingilane are not dominant there anymore.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 05-11-2016

Today all the fun was for Dark Mane Wink Credits to Promise Mashile.

*This image is copyright of its original author

And a bit of a roar. To let everyone know who's the ladies man around..

One more, this one is from Idube Game Reserve.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 05-11-2016

Inyati Game Lodge:
The tough old Madjingilane male at Inyati Game Lodge.
Dark Mane

And one more pic of him from January, that shows the nice contrast between his eyes. Credits to Emily Harder.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - LionKiss - 05-11-2016

when he eats a buffalo he will look better

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Gamiz - 05-11-2016

Hi, Dark mane is blind? Grin

Hi @Gamiz .

He had an injury some time ago, and maybe the blow he got affected some blood vessel or something. The eye first started to get darker and now is getting white.

To be fair, I don't really know if he's blind in that eye, but it could be.

By the way, welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy it.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - LionKiss - 05-11-2016

he has cataract in the right eye, probably he can't see from this eye

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Pckts - 05-11-2016

Yes, usually once an eye becomes cloudy like that they are no longer able to see out of it and usually is cataract or damaged somehow.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Gamiz - 05-11-2016

Thanks, @Majingilane, @Pckts & @LionKiss, of course, every day read the news  Happy specially Matimba, Majingilabe and BB, but also the Eastern Bank males

Three of the Majingilane males on patrol, credits to Khimbini Wildlife Videos.

it is a sad video, especially for Hip Scar,

lions are beautiful and when they lose their strength it is sad

(05-11-2016, 02:06 AM)LionKiss Wrote: it is a sad video, especially for Hip Scar,

lions are beautiful and when they lose their strength it is sad

@LionKiss i thought the same, Hip Scar looks weak u.u

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - NCAT33 - 05-11-2016

Around 1:33 you can see what appears to be  a puncture wound on Hip Scar, is this from one of the encounters with the Matimba's or another fight?

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - lioncrazy - 05-11-2016

I don't understand how sad??? They are just walking if he was in poor condition I don't think he would be on patrolling with the bros the majigilanes understand the numbers game I don't think they would put them self at a disadvantage