WildFact
History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions (/topic-history-s-most-brutal-killers-the-majingilane-male-lions)

RE: History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Mohawk4 - 05-09-2020

Majingilane Brothers Walk By (2011-2017)

RE: History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Mohawk4 - 05-20-2020

Majingilane at Arathusa Safari Lodge march 2013
Credits ‎Sven Follin‎

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - T I N O - 05-29-2020

3-Tooth,Golden Mane Or Pretty Boy!
All of those names are 100% accurate for a such beautiful lion as he was!
One of the magnificent kings of the Majingilane coalition back in 2018!

RE: History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - T I N O - 06-05-2020

Throwback with one of the Huge Majingilane males (Golden Mane) at Inyati Game Lodge, Sabi Sands.
Credit: Inyati Game Lodge

RE: History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Fatlum - 06-15-2020

Even in difficulty, the king remains the king.

Source Facebook

RE: History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Spalea - 06-22-2020

James Tyrrell: " The sun sets on one of the great lion coalitions of Southern Africa.

The scar-nosed Majingilane (front) is now the third of this illustrious coalition to depart this earth, with the fourth and final male (Dark-maned, middle of these three) still unaccounted for but very possibly dead as well.
There is a lot of social media side-taking when it comes to lions, which I find ironic, as to do what we do to and for sports teams or other athletes in terms of support and idolizing really has no place here.
These lions are not superstars.
Our cheering from the sidelines or favouritism in no way prolongs their lives or helps them hunt or reproduce. Despite having the keenest hearing, they are essentially deaf to all that is said about them on blogs, Facebook or Instagram.
What they SHOULD be lauded for - and I’ll gladly join in and sing their praises here - is their continued legacy as ambassadors for their species.
True icons in a world that, more than ever, needs to recognize the value of its wild places, in which utterly magnificent creatures such as these still roam free. "

RE: History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Mohawk4 - 06-25-2020

RE: History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - T I N O - 07-13-2020

Dark Mane Majingilane at Tsokwane, August 2009

Credit to: Roelof Van Der Breggen

RE: History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Cath2020 - 07-13-2020

The last sons of the Majingilanes...  

Mama lioness was going to make sure her last offspring got fed to the max.  Very overprotective.   Hope the best for Junior.....

RE: History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Mohawk4 - 07-17-2020

"Like night-watchmen they patrol the dark nights; marching with intent and chasing all those unwanted into the shadows…those that do not run are removed"

RE: History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tr1x24 - 08-04-2020

Majingilanes, by mikesutherlandphoto (instagram) :

RE: History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - T I N O - 08-04-2020

(08-04-2020, 10:35 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Majingilanes, by mikesutherlandphoto (instagram) :

What a legend they are!

RE: History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Hairy tummy - 08-05-2020

Which one sired the othawa male?

RE: History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Potato - 08-05-2020

(08-05-2020, 12:21 AM)Hairy tummy Wrote: Which one sired the othawa male?

Any of them mated with Othawa females and any of them can be the father. Judging by their look I would say most likely it is Scar Nose who sired Othawa male.

RE: History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - T I N O - 08-05-2020

(08-05-2020, 01:00 AM)Potato Wrote:
(08-05-2020, 12:21 AM)Hairy tummy Wrote: Which one sired the othawa male?

Any of them mated with Othawa females and any of them can be the father. Judging by their look I would say most likely it is Scar Nose who sired Othawa male.
Yep,
I believe between Scar nose and Hip-Scar. (My opinion)
The Othawa male in a few picture he has the look of HS and SN (My opinion)...