WildFact
Tiger Predation - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: Tiger Predation (/topic-tiger-predation)

RE: Tiger Predation - Apollo - 12-12-2018

Tigress Krishna carries a sambar calf in Ranthambore

RE: Tiger Predation - Rishi - 12-12-2018

(12-12-2018, 03:15 PM)Apollo Wrote: Tigress Krishna carries a sambar calf in Ranthambore

Speaking of sambar & Ranthambore tigress, some of them seem to use a unique move that have been noted several times in the recent past... only there.

Couldn't identify.

Noor.

Arrowhead.

That^ doesn't look like some instinctive technique but a complex one that have been developed by trial & error.
But because multiple unrelated tigresses are doing it, very similarly, it may have been developed by one of theirs common female ancestors & being passed down the family line from mothers to daughters.

@GuateGojira @Rage2277 @Roflcopters @Pckts @SuSpicious or anyone can identify the first tigress?... & is anyone aware of the identity of the "common grandmother" shared by the three?

RE: Tiger Predation - Apollo - 12-13-2018

(12-12-2018, 03:59 PM)Rishi Wrote:
(12-12-2018, 03:15 PM)Apollo Wrote: Tigress Krishna carries a sambar calf in Ranthambore

Speaking of sambar & Ranthambore tigress, some of them seem to use a unique move that have been noted several times in the recent past... only there.

Couldn't identify.

Noor.

Arrowhead.

That^ doesn't look like some instinctive technique but a complex one that have been developed by trial & error.
But because multiple unrelated tigresses are doing it, very similarly, it may have been developed by one of theirs common female ancestors & being passed down the family line from mothers to daughters.

@Apollo @Rage2277 @Roflcopters @Pckts can anyone identify the first tigress?... & is anyone aware of the identity of the "common grandmother" shared by the three?

I think all these tigers were related to the original Machali tigress (the one with the fish mark). she is also the mother of T16 aka Machli.

RE: Tiger Predation - Rishi - 12-13-2018

(12-13-2018, 05:01 PM)Apollo Wrote: I think all these tigers were related to the original Machali tigress (the one with the fish mark). she is also the mother of T16 aka Machli.

Yes you're right. 
As per www.ranthambhoreguides.com, Arrowhead is the daughter of T-19 (Krishna) & the mother of Noor was T-13 old Sultanpur female, who was a daughter of T-14 of that same litter of three sisters –T-14, T-15 and T-16.

Any luck with the first one?

RE: Tiger Predation - Apollo - 12-13-2018

(12-13-2018, 05:42 PM)Rishi Wrote:
(12-13-2018, 05:01 PM)Apollo Wrote: I think all these tigers were related to the original Machali tigress (the one with the fish mark). she is also the mother of T16 aka Machli.

Yes you're right. 
As per www.ranthambhoreguides.com, Arrowhead is the daughter of T-19 (Krishna) & the mother of Noor was T-13 old Sultanpur female, who was a daughter of T-14 of that same litter of three sisters –T-14, T-15 and T-16.

Any luck with the first one?

The tigress in the first video is also Arrowhead, taken at zone 3 near Ragbagh lake in Ranthambore.

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Tiger Predation - Rage2277 - 12-14-2018

sonam making a kill tadoba video by Kunal Patel 

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 12-14-2018

Mayur Shinde
Tiger on a lookout to guard his kill.
T91 from Ranth.

RE: Tiger Predation - Apollo - 12-23-2018

2 year old subadult tiger stalked a sloth bear.

RE: Tiger Predation - Wolverine - 12-23-2018

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 12-25-2018

Kunwar Shantanu Singh‎ 

Future king of RTR...........VEERU
This is the 1st time when he hunts that much of big animal
He has learned all the skill of hunting from his mother

Ranthambhore National Park

Anugya Singh
Chase On
motasal female
Dhikala 
December’18

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 12-31-2018

@Rishi 
Heres some lineage info on Arrowhead.
https://www.ranthambhoreguides.com/tigers/arrow-head

It's said in that article that's she's probably a daughter of Krishna and the Star male so that would make her a granddaughter of Machli I believe.

I'll do some more digging when I get a chance, I'm out of town for the new year.

RE: Tiger Predation - Spalea - 01-01-2019

@Pckts @parvez @Wolverine and the others: happy new year and I welcome your future posts !

RE: Tiger Predation - Wolverine - 01-01-2019

(01-01-2019, 12:03 AM)Spalea Wrote: @Pckts @parvez @Wolverine and the others: happy new year and I welcome your future posts !

Happy New Year Buddy!

RE: Tiger Predation - Rage2277 - 01-01-2019

Rajarshi Banerji‎-Chase Your Goals Like A Tiger in 2019!

A successful chase sequence that I recently photographed in Kanha National Park, which is very rare because of the unusual nature of the prey.

My sincere gratitude goes to all my Facebook friends who took time to view my images, who Liked and Loved my images and shared their valuable comments with me in 2018. Your comments are important feedback for me to improve upon my work, so please keep those flowing in. I promise to share with you more exciting images from my several upcoming adventures in 2019. Stay tuned to my page.

Have a Healthy, Happy, Prosperous and Adventurous New Year!

RE: Tiger Predation - Spalea - 01-01-2019

@Rage2277 :

About #1458: bravo for your find, sincerely ! I seriously believe it's the first time I see a tiger chasing a jackal and going to catch it.

Best wishes to you as concerns 2019 and... Great photographic success !