WildFact
Tiger Predation - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: Tiger Predation (/topic-tiger-predation)

RE: Tiger Predation - Rishi - 03-06-2018

(03-06-2018, 10:40 PM)Pckts Wrote: So dangerous, looks like a youngsters curiosity and I'm glad the tiger thought better and moved off.

Looks like a part of the same incident...

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 03-06-2018

(03-06-2018, 11:06 PM)Rishi Wrote:
(03-06-2018, 10:40 PM)Pckts Wrote: So dangerous, looks like a youngsters curiosity and I'm glad the tiger thought better and moved off.

Looks like a part of the same incident...

They do look like one and the same, and that was a long time ago.
If it is one and the same, here is the info on her...

Harmit Ahuja
1 year ago
"Thanks Mohit. This was Dhikala Zone (Sambar Road). This is another tigress who has been seen for the last 2-3 years with her cubs has now started making more bold forays and been sighted quite regularly through the season along with her family. We missed seeing the cubs, but were told they were sighted two days post our visit. Good Luck with your visit and thanks for the like! Are you on fb..have loaded more images there. Cheers"

He also says that she proceeded to charge the Gypsy as well, seems like a protective mother scenario where the Video posted by Apollo seems more like a playful/aggressive test than protection but that's just a guess.

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 03-07-2018

Atul Dhamankar

On 5th March 2018, morning I saw this male Sambar sitting in Telia dam water which looks very unusual for me. I checked him with binoculars I found that many fresh scratch marks are seen on neck & shoulder. That means this Sambar was injured by tiger, but still alive. His both hind legs are badly injured & he hardly stand on his legs. This was a slow death for this Sambar. I waited there for 3 hrs, I saw Sonam watching this live prey from a distance into the bushes. What a great experience of Tiger's hunting technique........

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 03-13-2018

Pintu Uike‎
Tadoba buffer....!

Madhuri. With gaur kill

Tadoba buffer....!

Kunwar Shantanu Singh
She killed a blue bull because cubs were hungry from last few days

Salute you mother

#Queen_of_the_Ruins

#T8_AKA_Laadli
#RanthambhoreNationalPark

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 03-13-2018

Rajat Narain Singh
Killer ...

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 03-20-2018

Shiva Kumar Natarajan
|| Animals kill for Need ||

One of the awesome sighting in wild. Tigress called Sonam taking food for her cubs at Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve.

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 03-22-2018

Kunwar Shantanu Singh
Yes, I am Old
Yes, I am injured
Yes, you believe, i am going to leave my territory because of many traitors
But Trust me.........I Am #Killer_Fateh

RE: Tiger Predation - Rishi - 03-24-2018

Just Kaziranga things...
P.C: Christa Papworth

P.C: Bhanu Singh

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 03-25-2018

Kunwar Shantanu Singh‎ 

"Action speaks louder then words"
People think, How can he hunt with his Leg injury
But A beast knows how to survive...........
#Legend_Fateh

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 03-27-2018

Roshan Katkar
Kolsa.......2017

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 03-27-2018

Ratnadip Khobragade‎ 

Langoor killed by durga Tigress Khursapar , with Ravi Pathekar,Sunil Sakharwade,gautam Gautam Ghosh, and Avinash Katwale 25/03/2018

Siddharth Singh
Fence Walle .. Rhino Area of Dudhwa has been a blessing in disguise .. the fencing around 28 sqkm was initially made to insure that Rehabilitated Rhinos from Assam and Nepal would not wander off and could be monitored on a daily basis .. the electric fence stops cattle from entering and in turn protects the grassland from overgrazing and providing ample food for Rhinos and with time Swamp Deer and Hog Deer have also flourished in this area .. heards off 100 + Swamp Deer can be seen inside this area .. Tigers of Dudhwa have also with time adapted to the presence of Rhinos and have regularly hunted not only young calf but Adult Rhinos also .. This female is seen inside Rhino Area and is a permanent resident of Dudhwa Rhino Zone .. and so i call her Fence Walle .. a new tiger for me at Dudhwa .. Photographed from a Elephant while on safari on 25 March 2018

RE: Tiger Predation - Jimmy - 03-28-2018

(03-27-2018, 10:31 PM)Pckts Wrote: Ratnadip Khobragade‎ 

Langoor killed by durga Tigress Khursapar , with Ravi Pathekar,Sunil Sakharwade,gautam Gautam Ghosh, and Avinash Katwale 25/03/2018

Siddharth Singh
Fence Walle .. Rhino Area of Dudhwa has been a blessing in disguise .. the fencing around 28 sqkm was initially made to insure that Rehabilitated Rhinos from Assam and Nepal would not wander off and could be monitored on a daily basis .. the electric fence stops cattle from entering and in turn protects the grassland from overgrazing and providing ample food for Rhinos and with time Swamp Deer and Hog Deer have also flourished in this area .. heards off 100 + Swamp Deer can be seen inside this area .. Tigers of Dudhwa have also with time adapted to the presence of Rhinos and have regularly hunted not only young calf but Adult Rhinos also .. This female is seen inside Rhino Area and is a permanent resident of Dudhwa Rhino Zone .. and so i call her Fence Walle .. a new tiger for me at Dudhwa .. Photographed from a Elephant while on safari on 25 March 2018

Is it a good idea to mix two distinct races of rhinos Assam and Terai. Maybe in the near future they could possibly be identified as different subspecies altogether. At one time i remember Dudhwa tigers were criticized for having an accidental siberian tiger gene into them. Also, sometime ago there was a talk of bringing Assamese Wild Buffalo into chitwan to improve the gene pool of Nepalese wild buffalo with some for and some against this project. BTW 28 sqkm of continuous grassland in Dudhwa could be the biggest in terai, currently Shuklaphanta has 25 sqkm and is Nepal's biggest grassland-it's like mini africa with 2000+ herd of barahsingha running like waves in a sea of grass, but the reserve itself is not that big.

RE: Tiger Predation - Siegfried - 04-01-2018

Attempted predation of a sloth bear by a tiger with video. Hopefully this one will get past the censors.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2018/03/02/remarkable-video-shows-shows-tiger-and-bear-locked-in-ferocious-fight.html

RE: Tiger Predation - P.T.Sondaica - 04-02-2018

No video

RE: Tiger Predation - Rishi - 04-02-2018

(04-01-2018, 10:08 PM)Siegfried Wrote: Attempted predation of a sloth bear by a tiger with video. Hopefully this one will get past the censors.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2018/03/02/remarkable-video-shows-shows-tiger-and-bear-locked-in-ferocious-fight.html

You're a bit late though...

More videos of the full incident have been posted from here #226, & eyewitness accounts here #135. @P.T.Sondaica