WildFact
Tiger Predation - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: Tiger Predation (/topic-tiger-predation)

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 03-01-2017

Amit Singh

Sivanzhari female with sub adult cubs stalking a Bison

*This image is copyright of its original author

Neeraj Bantia
Tigress with Boar Kill from Kabini

RE: Tiger Predation - Apollo - 03-01-2017

Tiger cubs feeding on domestic cattle kill in Sirpur forests

RE: Tiger Predation - Apollo - 03-03-2017

Arrowhead killing sambar deer full video.

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 03-05-2017

A 20 year old male Rhino was killed by a group of 4 tigers in Dudhwa, apparently some or all of it was caught on film, hopefully they'll release it.
http://www.tribuneindia.com/mobi/news/nation/tigers-kill-rhino-in-dudhwa-tiger-reserve/372612.html

It was a male and female with two cubs!

RE: Tiger Predation - brotherbear - 03-06-2017

(03-05-2017, 10:16 PM)Pckts Wrote: A 20 year old male Rhino was killed by a group of 4 tigers in Dudhwa, apparently some or all of it was caught on film, hopefully they'll release it.
http://www.tribuneindia.com/mobi/news/nation/tigers-kill-rhino-in-dudhwa-tiger-reserve/372612.html

It was a male and female with two cubs!

I just made a quick online search. The normal lifespan of a rhinoceros is 35 to 40 years. Therefore, the rhino killed by the tigers was a mature male in his prime. An incredible kill by two adult tigers and their ( I would assume ) two sub-adult cubs.

RE: Tiger Predation - Spalea - 03-06-2017

@Pckts @brotherbear 

About #919 and #920: quite an achievement ! And also the proof that tigers are perfectly able to hunt in family...

RE: Tiger Predation - Diamir2 - 03-06-2017

Bengal Tigress and Sloth Bear interaction in Wild

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 03-07-2017

I am Kartik Mahajan, I am a wildlife enthusiast. I keep visiting varied wildlife sanctuaries to observe the natural beauty and experience the wildlife beauties. On one such occasion i happened to come across a spectacular wonder. It was a kill by a sub adult Tiger in Pench national park.

Thus the story begins,

A break from monotony of work was refreshing when I planned a visit to Pench National Park.
Thus we packed up and an a beautiful weather note left for Pench. The excitement was evident at the gate itself and an onset of feeling to see the royal beauty – The Tiger. While experiencing the natural flora and fauna with the forest buzzing with amazing activity, we spotted a Indian gaur. A disheveled old Gaur left away by his pack to take rest in natures arms. On the next round to our surprise we saw the same gaur who was killed by a carnivore. Our excitement knew no bounds as a feeling erept hunting that the royal beauty somewhere near. We decided to wait there for a moment. After some moments we saw the forest coming alive with alarm calls by the herbivores. This confirmed our doubt as the heard of deer grazing stood still looking at something in the woods which human eyes couldn’t comprehend. While this was unfolding and we were too surprised to take a note of the happenings, we heard a loud and ferocious roar. The heard of deer ran for their lives as they saw the tiger – King of Jungle approaching. A fox unaware of all present danger strolled near the kill taking in it’s delicious smell. But he stopped in the middle of his tracks and saw something. The fright in his eyes was evident as the tiger sitting in the near by nullah had seen him approach. Thus sensing insecurity to his kill he came charging to the fox from the woods with enamoring grace and agility. His cover was blown and we witnessed this magnificent spectacle unfold in front of our eyes. The fox ran away to save his life. Realizing the cover was blown, the sub adult Tiger decided to flaunt himself to the on looking audience. He was in a very playful mood giving us photographic poses. He came near his kill and started playing with his kill proving his supremacy. While playing he hit the bisons belly which was swollen due to gases and was taken aback when they were released into the air. Then after toying with his kill, he devoured it in front of us with ultimate royalty. We were awestruck by the events unfolding in front of our eyes. The wind was not ready to acknowledge our luck at viewing such a beautiful sight. My visits to national parks are frequent but this was something very unique which I’ll always cherish as a souvenir of the wild. Thus with these lovely memories we took leave from the forest with a promise to visit again with a hope to watch a new drama unfold.

RE: Tiger Predation - Apollo - 03-09-2017

Arrowhead with a wildboar kill

RE: Tiger Predation - Apollo - 03-16-2017

Tigress feeding on Sambar kill in Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore

RE: Tiger Predation - Apollo - 03-23-2017

Tigress kill baby deer in Ranthambore

RE: Tiger Predation - Roflcopters - 03-23-2017

Kaziranga tiger cubs on a kill - March/2017

feast time

Kaziranga male feeding on his kill.

RE: Tiger Predation - Ngala - 03-27-2017

Photo and information credits: Jayesh Bhatt
"Arrowhead of RTR with Kill..."

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 03-27-2017

Original post by @Roflcopters 

Jai Mohan

The Rhinokiller.......

Jai Mohan 2 adults and 1 calf.

Jai Mohan It's a young huge animal found patrolling on Gulerighat adjacent to Salukapur rhino area. It's three canines ; lowers and left upper are in partial broken state which gives a very strong assumption that he is the rhino killer. And to clinch the issue his last killing is recorded in the trap camera fixed by the FD.

RE: Tiger Predation - Pantherinae - 03-28-2017

(03-27-2017, 11:04 PM)Pckts Wrote: Original post by @Roflcopters 

Jai Mohan

The Rhinokiller.......

Jai Mohan 2 adults and 1 calf.

Jai Mohan It's a young huge animal found patrolling on Gulerighat adjacent to Salukapur rhino area. It's three canines ; lowers and left upper are in partial broken state which gives a very strong assumption that he is the rhino killer. And to clinch the issue his last killing is recorded in the trap camera fixed by the FD.

Do you think they actually captured the kill on a camera trap? If so we need to find them!