WildFact
Tiger Predation - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: Tiger Predation (/topic-tiger-predation)

RE: Tiger Predation - Diamir2 - 12-16-2016

RE: Tiger Predation - Vinay - 12-16-2016

Tiger is GOD!!  Joking

Even Tigress can run on water for hunt.. Corbett 2016

*This image is copyright of its original author

"The Game of Life"
She was walking on the patch across the river and we were watching her move from the other end and the way she was moving we could make out she was in a mood to hunt. First she bumped into a group of elephants with really small babies and next into a jungle cat.
Later, she disappeared into a thick patch of grass for just a couple of minutes, soon a sambar deer belled out loud and ran towards the upper edge of the grassland. We thought she missed it and started waiting anticipatedly with our cameras pointed towards the next visible river patch. And there she was, shining bright out in the open, carrying a sambar deer fawn in her mouth crossing the wide river patch soon to be disappeared into the thickets again. She had just made a kill and we could hardly believe what we witnessed.
Dhikala,
Corbett Tiger Reserve
December 2016

Target Acquired!
How one fine 'normal' morning safari in Bandhavgarh turned out to be 'The' safari of our life. What started with sighting of a male Tiger resting in far away bushes and hoping for some close up shots ended up with him stalking, hunting and then dragging a huge male Sambar deer in front of our eyes.
Bandhavgarh April 2011.

RE: Tiger Predation - sanjay - 12-17-2016

I think, we have posted the image of this incident a few month ago. In this video, a tigress form Corbett National Park is trying to hunt a Monkey (Langoor). I must say it is an exciting moment

This is another recent video form Corbett where angry tigress charge on Elephant

And the image related to that incident
Tigress charged on the safari elephant in corbett national park

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 12-20-2016

Rajeev Basumatary
A ROYAL BENGAL TIGER DRAGS HIS PREY: A WILD BUFF CALF IN Kaziranga NP.

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 12-22-2016

Yasser Hussain

THIS ONE IS FOR YOU BABA !!!
:-)
:-)

I dedicate this image to my dad Mr Masood Hussain. Thank you very much Baba for teaching me and for taking me to Tadoba.

Maya's male cub chasing a wild boar | Nikon D7100 | Nikkor 70-300mm ED VR | TATR | — with Masood Hussain.

RE: Tiger Predation - Diamir2 - 12-29-2016

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 12-29-2016

Tiger attempt on a Gaur Herd

RE: Tiger Predation - Diamir2 - 12-30-2016

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 01-03-2017

PC Anjan Lal
Kuwani Female With Cubs on a Gaur Kill at Kolsa Range
Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve
India

RE: Tiger Predation - Apollo - 01-03-2017

Tiger trying to hunt Sambar in Ranthambore

RE: Tiger Predation - brotherbear - 01-03-2017

Post #876: You can clearly see, if you look at the detail, that the tiger is following directly behind the bear; exact same location. According to comparing the size of the tiger with that of the bear, it appears to be ( picture is fuzzy ) either a sub-adult male brown bear, an adult female brown bear, or possibly a black bear.
OK, I just watched the video. I was wrong all the way... a sloth bear. The tiger is not as big as I had thought.

RE: Tiger Predation - Diamir2 - 01-04-2017

(01-03-2017, 10:57 PM)brotherbear Wrote: Post #876: You can clearly see, if you look at the detail, that the tiger is following directly behind the bear; exact same location. According to comparing the size of the tiger with that of the bear, it appears to be ( picture is fuzzy ) either a sub-adult male brown bear, an adult female brown bear, or possibly a black bear.
OK, I just watched the video. I was wrong all the way... a sloth bear. The tiger is not as big as I had thought.

Of course, it was a sloth bear

RE: Tiger Predation - Diamir2 - 01-06-2017

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 01-08-2017

#ThrowbackThursday

The biggest male of Ranathambhore, T-12 had killed a huge male Nilgai in the outskirts. After following him for 2 days and waiting patiently, he finally emerged one day from the bushes to feast on his kill.
We could never fathom the power of a male tiger until we saw this beast start dragging his kill, almost tossing it in the air with his sheer power.

#junglelore #wildlife #tiger #safari #india #travel #wanderlust

RE: Tiger Predation - Apollo - 01-10-2017

T34 aka Khumba feeding on its kill at zone 6 in Ranthambore.