WildFact
Tiger Predation - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: Tiger Predation (/topic-tiger-predation)

RE: Tiger Predation - Apollo - 06-23-2016

Tiger kill wildboar in Tadoba

RE: Tiger Predation - Diamir2 - 06-23-2016

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 06-23-2016

Welcome @Diamir2
Enjoy the forum.

RE: Tiger Predation - Polar - 06-23-2016

(06-23-2016, 12:19 AM)Apollo Wrote: Tiger kill wildboar in Tadoba

This just proves that the wild boar is not really much of a powerful animal as people intend it to be.

That tiger wasn't even trying to restrain that boar down, merely pinning it down effortlessly.

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 06-23-2016

You don't see how the attempt started also the Boar continues to fight on after the video, it's an older video.
I'm not even positive the Tigress completes the kill, I'd have to watch the full thing again.

But Boars are durable, strong and tenacious, couldn't the video show the strength of the tiger just as much as the "weakness of the boar?"

Jayant Atkar

Every dog has its day ‪#‎Umred‬ ‪#‎Gothangaon‬ ‪#‎Cubs‬ ‪#‎Buffer‬ ‪#‎Throwbackthursday‬ ‪#‎CLaWPNP‬
National Geographic
https://www.facebook.com/jayantcoolrocks/videos/10153832671826028/
It is video, Click on it to play

^^ That is one lucky doggy, what a moron whoever honked the horn. This isn't in their home, this is the wild, a dog is no different than any other animal, if it lives in the wild it lives by the rules of the wild.

RE: Tiger Predation - Polar - 06-23-2016

(06-23-2016, 09:22 PM)Pckts Wrote: You don't see how the attempt started also the Boar continues to fight on after the video, it's an older video.
I'm not even positive the Tigress completes the kill, I'd have to watch the full thing again.

But Boars are durable, strong and tenacious, couldn't the video show the strength of the tiger just as much as the "weakness of the boar?"

Jayant Atkar

Every dog has its day ‪#‎Umred‬ ‪#‎Gothangaon‬ ‪#‎Cubs‬ ‪#‎Buffer‬ ‪#‎Throwbackthursday‬ ‪#‎CLaWPNP‬
National Geographic
https://www.facebook.com/jayantcoolrocks/videos/10153832671826028/

^^ That is one lucky doggy, what a moron whoever honked the horn. This isn't in their home, this is the wild, a dog is no different than any other animal, if it lives in the wild it lives by the rules of the wild.

I couldn't tell if that was a male or female tiger, sorry for the confusion.

But since the tiger held the boar down like a cable strap, and the fact that suids have a hard time getting back to their feet and fleeing, I guess this says that, for a carnivore, an equally-sized boar (as in the video) can be taken with some ease.

Yes, boars are durable. But are they agile or flexible enough like a big cat or ursine? Not even close, and that is why the tiger held it down on its back because he/she knew that boar can't even come close to fighting from that position. Plus, most herbivores tire more easily than primates or carnivores.

I've taken down a few fully-grown domestic pigs back in Bulgaria (my homeland), and once they are on their back, they are about defenseless as a man without arms. But a wild boar, in my opinion, is much more tenacious and powerful than a domestic suid of equal size, yet they still posess this weakness.

And what is the dog-thing for??? This is a thread for tiger predation.

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 06-24-2016

Watch the video polar, the tiger is within feet of the dog and looking at it as a possible predation.

RE: Tiger Predation - Ngala - 06-25-2016

I don't know if this tiger predation was posted here before now. I hope it's interesting.

Photo and information credits: Wildlife art of Szabolcs Kókay. Jan. 2016, Ranthambhore National Park
"Within 30 mins on our afternoon safari this scene was waiting for us at Rajbag lake. Our guide,who is out there almost every day, has only 1-2 such sightings in a year."

"Within 30 mins of our afternoon safari, we arrived to this scene by the Rajbagh lake. The 2 years old daughters of our morning Tigress had a Wild Boar kill. The smaller one, Arrowhead was probably the one who caught it, as her fur was very wet and muddy."

"The wild boar was hunted 10-20 mins before our arrival. The smaller tiger was vet and muddy, so probably she killed it. But the other on the right is dominant, so didn't let her eating from it. Watching 2 tigers arguing over the prey from 10 meters was chilling experience. We could even hear the crushing of the bones."

"The bigger, Lightning, was clearly the dominant. She didn't let her sister eat from the boar. There was quite a tension between the 2 Tigresses, quite often they growled at each other. Watching from 10 meters in an open jeep was quite an experience, we could clearly hear the crushing of bones."

"After a while Lightning pulled the carcass into the high grass to continue feeding at peace. Only the sound of the grass told us that a Tiger is closeby."

RE: Tiger Predation - sanjay - 06-25-2016

Tiger with Gaur Kill

Image copyright by Naren Malik

RE: Tiger Predation - Apollo - 06-26-2016

Tiger with sambar kill Ranthambore

Cub feeeding on sambar kill in Tadoba

RE: Tiger Predation - Apollo - 06-27-2016

Jai's son trying to attack a huge bull gaur, awesome video.
This boy is turning out to be a large specimen, looks to be tall indeed next to a male gaur.

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 06-27-2016

Smart choice, that guar was massive and I doubt he's had enough experience nor the strength just yet to take down a bull of that size.

RE: Tiger Predation - sanjay - 06-27-2016

Today, I saw this amazing video series on fb. Wildlife Photographer Ashish Shukla Captured an incredible and very Rare video.
According to Dhirendra Godha (Who posted the Video on fb)

A rarest scene captured in Ranthambhore on sunday morning by Ashish Shukla.
Tigress T 83, aka lightning was walking on the track . while tracking she saw a monkey .. she jumped and grab him. but she didn't kill him. she was trying to play with monkey but monkey was trying to scare tigress....As we all know tht monkeys are natural prey n food for tigers , but to everyone's surprise the tigress spares the monkey unscratched !

Note: All these are video, Just click on them to play

All credit to Dhirendra Godha and Ashish Shukla for such an rare sighting

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 06-29-2016

Amrut Naik
Bittu - Gothangaon Range

85mm Rocks 

RE: Tiger Predation - Apollo - 07-04-2016

Tiger hunting deeer in Bandipur