WildFact
Tiger Predation - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: Tiger Predation (/topic-tiger-predation)

RE: Tiger Predation - Apollo - 02-07-2016

I am Kartik Mahajan, I am a wildlife enthusiast. I keep visiting varied wildlife sanctuaries to observe the natural beauty and experience the wildlife beauties. On one such occasion i happened to come across a spectacular wonder. It was a kill by a sub adult Tiger in Pench national park.

Thus the story begins,

A break from monotony of work was refreshing when I planned a visit to Pench National Park.
Thus we packed up and an a beautiful weather note left for Pench. The excitement was evident at the gate itself and an onset of feeling to see the royal beauty – The Tiger. While experiencing the natural flora and fauna with the forest buzzing with amazing activity, we spotted a Indian gaur. A disheveled old Gaur left away by his pack to take rest in natures arms. On the next round to our surprise we saw the same gaur who was killed by a carnivore. Our excitement knew no bounds as a feeling erept hunting that the royal beauty somewhere near. We decided to wait there for a moment. After some moments we saw the forest coming alive with alarm calls by the herbivores. This confirmed our doubt as the heard of deer grazing stood still looking at something in the woods which human eyes couldn’t comprehend. While this was unfolding and we were too surprised to take a note of the happenings, we heard a loud and ferocious roar. The heard of deer ran for their lives as they saw the tiger – King of Jungle approaching. A fox unaware of all present danger strolled near the kill taking in it’s delicious smell. But he stopped in the middle of his tracks and saw something. The fright in his eyes was evident as the tiger sitting in the near by nullah had seen him approach. Thus sensing insecurity to his kill he came charging to the fox from the woods with enamoring grace and agility. His cover was blown and we witnessed this magnificent spectacle unfold in front of our eyes. The fox ran away to save his life. Realizing the cover was blown, the sub adult Tiger decided to flaunt himself to the on looking audience. He was in a very playful mood giving us photographic poses. He came near his kill and started playing with his kill proving his supremacy. While playing he hit the bisons belly which was swollen due to gases and was taken aback when they were released into the air. Then after toying with his kill, he devoured it in front of us with ultimate royalty. We were awestruck by the events unfolding in front of our eyes. The wind was not ready to acknowledge our luck at viewing such a beautiful sight. My visits to national parks are frequent but this was something very unique which I’ll always cherish as a souvenir of the wild. Thus with these lovely memories we took leave from the forest with a promise to visit again with a hope to watch a new drama unfold.

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 02-07-2016

Awesome!
He's the perfect tiger.

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 02-09-2016

Check out about 1:43 in and the Tiger making a kill on a huge Sambar https://www.facebook.com/SudhirShivaramPhotography/videos/946953755392846/

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 02-10-2016

Here's the other one from the series...all these and more tomorrow night at 9pm, live on my fb page...

*This image is copyright of its original author

Sudhir Shivaram

Very Good Morning. Here you go!!! Your Tuesday Morning Dose....
This is the Rajbhera Tigress making the kill at Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve....her 4 cubs also joined in the kill later....
And feel free to share it where ever you want!

RE: Tiger Predation - Apollo - 02-11-2016

Hi Guys,

Here is something very special for all wildfact members.
A super duper rare footage of Kaziranga tiger taking down a cattle.
Enjoy the pics

RE: Tiger Predation - shaileshsharadnaik - 02-11-2016

(02-10-2016, 02:43 AM)Pckts Wrote: Here's the other one from the series...all these and more tomorrow night at 9pm, live on my fb page...

Sudhir Shivaram

Very Good Morning. Here you go!!! Your Tuesday Morning Dose....
This is the Rajbhera Tigress making the kill at Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve....her 4 cubs also joined in the kill later....
And feel free to share it where ever you want!

very nice and clear photo. thanks.

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 02-11-2016

That kaziranga male is just massive!

RE: Tiger Predation - Wanderfalke - 02-12-2016

(02-11-2016, 11:24 AM)Apollo Wrote: Hi Guys,

Here is something very special for all wildfact members.
A super duper rare footage of Kaziranga tiger taking down a cattle.
Enjoy the pics

Pics from Kaziranga are always greatly appreciated! Looks like a herd of young cattle. Would love to see a Kaziranga tiger preying on wild big animals.

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 02-12-2016

That is a herd of cattle, not just young. But yes, it would be cool to see predation on a water buffalo or something but that would be extremely lucky timing.

RE: Tiger Predation - Apollo - 02-19-2016

This tiger at the Bandhavgarh National Park had just killed a wild boar and was feeding on the animal when the photographer chanced upon it.

http://www.wildlife-frames.com/pictures/show_details/tiger-on-a-kill

Tiger waiting in the waterhole for the gaur

RE: Tiger Predation - sanjay - 03-03-2016

This is recent video from Bandhavgarh National Park, magadhi zone.
In this video a huge male is dragging a cattle into bush

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 03-04-2016

A couple more from the Sambhar predation

Bandhavgarh Tiger Hunt Series...

The Sambar Deer managed to kick the Tiger and escape from this....but only to be brought down by the Tiger at a different place. It was heavily injured and could not run for long. The Tiger simply followed it along with its cubs and caught up with it.

I have received a lot of mixed emotions from the viewers for these series....but sorry, that's the law of nature....and that's how it works in the jungle!

This was a first timer for me to capture a Tiger making the kill of an adult Sambar Deer. The Deer did not give up so easily, he fought till the end.

Bandhavgarh Tiger Kill Series...

There you go...one more from the series...the moment the mother brought down the Sambar Deer, the cub climbed on top as if it was his achievement...but that did not last for long as the Deer again got up, kicked the mother and escaped from there, only to be chased and later hunted!

RE: Tiger Predation - Shardul - 03-04-2016

Wow. Amazing set of images. Now these are worth a water mark. Perfectly focused, well exposed in dappled light. And so much details in the fur.

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 03-04-2016

Ya, he did an absolutely phenomenal job. What a capture

RE: Tiger Predation - Sully - 03-04-2016

Some of the photos out there just leave me speechless, and I know this site has most of the choice picks.