WildFact
Tiger Predation - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: Tiger Predation (/topic-tiger-predation)

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 07-30-2015

Incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like a mini pride, great to finally see this captured on video. We all knew that families hunted together but this is the first joint kill on such massive prey I have ever seen
Great find @Apollo.

RE: Tiger Predation - Apollo - 08-18-2015

Male tiger at Mukki range, Kanha trying to hunt a sambar

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 08-18-2015

Opportunistic predator at its finest.

From marking to hunting in a blink,
No time to think, just act.

Great find, tfs

RE: Tiger Predation - GuateGojira - 08-18-2015

(07-30-2015, 08:33 AM)Apollo Wrote: New video footage of a tigress and her cub jointly bringing down a huge male gaur 

Congratulations @Apollo, magnificent video and great evidence of the predation of tigers over full grown male gaurs. Sadly that at difference of Africa, this type of hunts are hidden in the great jungles of India, and only glimpses can be seen. It is also interesting to see the group work to bring down the animal, although none of them put themselves in danger and only attack from the back. i guess that the adult tigress somehow injured the back legs of the gaur and in this form, prevent him from stand up.

Great video, there are now 3 of them (tiger hunting gaur... live), as far I remember.

RE: Tiger Predation - sanjay - 08-25-2015

I am not sure, if we should include this image here ? This is from Tiger Canyons (John Varty).

Corbett (male tiger from tiger canyons) killed 2 wildebeests within an hour of release of 47 blue wildebeests.

*This image is copyright of its original author

Credit to: JV Images

RE: Tiger Predation - Shardul - 08-26-2015

@sanjay

Aren't these staged hunts?

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 08-26-2015

depends what you mean.

Are they inside of an enclosure?
yes

But they are released in a large area and "hunted"

But how wild are they?
Where are they gotten from?
Etc..

That is more of a mystery, like Kevin Richardsons lions.
Its a slippery slope and highly controversial.

RE: Tiger Predation - sanjay - 08-26-2015

@Shardul , I agree, but not 100% sure, unless there is complete video of hunting them is released , I will always doubt on this.
If these tigers are wild and hunting normally, then why JV does not release a complete video of the hunting tigers footage ?

RE: Tiger Predation - Roflcopters - 08-26-2015

John Varty drugs these animals, just to make the news headline on how his *rewilding* is working out for these hybrid tigers. this guy is way too shady in my book.

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 08-26-2015

(08-26-2015, 10:28 AM)Roflcopters Wrote: John Varty drugs these animals, just to make the news headline on how his *rewilding* is working out for these hybrid tigers. this guy is way too shady in my book.

Also the Blesbuck that looks like it had no idea what a tiger even was and it didn't even try to escape.

RE: Tiger Predation - Apollo - 09-22-2015

Subadult male tiger feeding on its gaur kill in Pench NP 

The photographer says,

I am Kartik Mahajan, I am a wildlife enthusiast. I keep visiting varied wildlife sanctuaries to observe the natural beauty and experience the wildlife beauties. On one such occasion i happened to come across a spectacular wonder. It was a kill by a sub adult Tiger in Pench national park.

Thus the story begins,

A break from monotony of work was refreshing when I planned a visit to Pench National Park.
Thus we packed up and an a beautiful weather note left for Pench. The excitement was evident at the gate itself and an onset of feeling to see the royal beauty – The Tiger. While experiencing the natural flora and fauna with the forest buzzing with amazing activity, we spotted a Indian gaur. A disheveled old Gaur left away by his pack to take rest in natures arms. On the next round to our surprise we saw the same gaur who was killed by a carnivore. Our excitement knew no bounds as a feeling erept hunting that the royal beauty somewhere near. We decided to wait there for a moment. After some moments we saw the forest coming alive with alarm calls by the herbivores. This confirmed our doubt as the heard of deer grazing stood still looking at something in the woods which human eyes couldn’t comprehend. While this was unfolding and we were too surprised to take a note of the happenings, we heard a loud and ferocious roar. The heard of deer ran for their lives as they saw the tiger – King of Jungle approaching. A fox unaware of all present danger strolled near the kill taking in it’s delicious smell. But he stopped in the middle of his tracks and saw something. The fright in his eyes was evident as the tiger sitting in the near by nullah had seen him approach. Thus sensing insecurity to his kill he came charging to the fox from the woods with enamoring grace and agility. His cover was blown and we witnessed this magnificent spectacle unfold in front of our eyes. The fox ran away to save his life. Realizing the cover was blown, the sub adult Tiger decided to flaunt himself to the on looking audience. He was in a very playful mood giving us photographic poses. He came near his kill and started playing with his kill proving his supremacy. While playing he hit the bisons belly which was swollen due to gases and was taken aback when they were released into the air. Then after toying with his kill, he devoured it in front of us with ultimate royalty. We were awestruck by the events unfolding in front of our eyes. The wind was not ready to acknowledge our luck at viewing such a beautiful sight. My visits to national parks are frequent but this was something very unique which I’ll always cherish as a souvenir of the wild. Thus with these lovely memories we took leave from the forest with a promise to visit again with a hope to watch a new drama unfold.

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 09-22-2015

Great find and what a big youngster he is.
TFS

RE: Tiger Predation - Apollo - 10-04-2015

Tiger feeding on gaur at Kolsa range Tadoba

RE: Tiger Predation - Apollo - 10-09-2015

tiger with kill at bandipur

RE: Tiger Predation - Apollo - 10-10-2015

Tiger feeding on gaur at Kanha NP. Sloth bear and tiger cub interaction.
Watch it from 8.45 .