WildFact
Tiger Predation - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: Tiger Predation (/topic-tiger-predation)

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 04-21-2015

Romeo attacked and killed the female nilgai. — at Ranthambhore National Park.

*This image is copyright of its original author
He had consumed about 25 per cent of his kill by the next morning. — at Ranthambhore National Park.

Irritated by scavenging jungle crows, he flicked his tail restlessly before crouching by the nilgai's face and gazing directly into her lifeless eyes. Then he strode to the spot where he had killed her, and gently lifted something that he seemed to have concealed below a blanket of leaves. at first sight, it could have been mistaken for the nilgai's entrails.. a second glance exposed the chilling fact that in Romeo's jaws was the bloodied, never-born foetus of the antelope. He walked into the forest and disappeared from sight. Forest guards later confirmed that the tiger didn't return to the nilgai carcass, and whether he ate the foetus, as some assert, remains a mystery. — at Ranthambhore National Park.

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 04-27-2015

Massive Kaziranga Male with his impressive Water Buffalo kill!

Bikash KalitaMammals of Eastern India. Follow · December 26, 2014 ·    
#Royal_Bengal_Tiger
#KazirangaNationalPark
#December24th,2014
#Bikash_Kalita
My 1st ever tiger sighting after travelling almost one year in the wilderness of India. Hope to get a better one next time as it was too far from the reach of my lens. 

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 04-28-2015

https://www.facebook.com/gaurav.kamath.58/videos/vb.526691059/10153316545101060/?type=2&theaterGaurav Kamath 59 mins ·    
This male had its share of meat (Gaur) which it had killed a couple of days back and had come out for a drink break . — with Shravan Daulat and Prashanth Gk.
*Bandipur*

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 04-28-2015

Abhay JoshiSanctuary Asia March 21 ·     Good Morning Friends!!!
Tigeress with Gaur Kill.
Tadoba-Andhari Tiger Reserve.
Kolsa Range.
Dist: Chandrapur.
Maharashtra.
14th March,2015.
INDIA.

RE: Tiger Predation - Pantherinae - 04-30-2015

@Pckts what an amazing  picture of that tiger with the water buffalo kill, also very cool to see vultures with that at massive male tiger. kaziranga seems to be such a wonderful place 

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 05-27-2015

Tigress and family kill sloth bear in the begining of the video.
I actually had never seen the full kill before

RE: Tiger Predation - Rage2277 - 05-27-2015

T42 with cow kill

RE: Tiger Predation - Apollo - 05-27-2015

Rhino injured in tiger attack takes first steps in his new paddock

Check the link for full story
http://www.ifaw.org/australia/news/rhino-injured-tiger-attack-takes-first-steps-his-new-paddock

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 06-06-2015

Check out this beautiful Tigress hunting Gaur, the whole image library is here, you can see it from the stalk all the way up to the attack. She is a big girl with some massive arms.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=867825206620693&set=pcb.10153392325281103&type=1&theater

Janardhan Nd
15 hrs

Wild drama unfold.....Rajbera Sub adult female first Litter stalking Indian Gaur@the meadow of Rajbera@bandhavgarh national park 0n 17th may 2015
It was our first afternoon drive after two full day safari and we were sure to be the first to enter the park through the Tala gate towards Rajbera.Rajbhera is prime territory the striking meadows with golden blades of grassland and to the other edge is a dam as we planned my friend Mr neeraj who drives us in to the jungle was determined to see something interesting to unfold.. The movement we entered the gate a slight shower welcomed us....God made us rise our head towards the sky to pray not to rain.. yet luck was shining on our side and I was day dreaming of seeing a Tiger at Rajbera meadow ….when suddenly neeraj told me sir keep your gear ready there is a tiger as we saw Rajbera sub adult female at an elevated point staring at the herd of Indian gaur coming to the water hole for a drink . The Tigris was a blend of ferociousness, stealth and elegance it took almost 6-8 minute till she could decide to go for a kill she slowly came down on the dam to judge the distance of the prey she has already locked upon and time stood still, we were positioning ourselves for the right angle …….Tigris movement were extremely calculated and precise, there was no sudden movement until the final burst, once she was sure to be within striking distance. This is the close-up of the Tigris stalking through blades of grass. Yet some expert says a tiger’s kill success rate is as low as one out of ten attempts. This one was among ten, its striped pattern helps breaks up its outline and uses this camouflage by freezing instantly whenever the target looks its way. When the chase was to an end the Gaur shattered in all directions there was huge cloud of dust the predator was unable to see the prey and vice versa ..After the dust settled we as well as the Tigris was taken by surprise to see four male gaur head on with the Tigris to chase her..it all ended well for both the preador and the prey of no loss no gain..gaur lived to see another day as we know once it pounces on its prey, the tiger either kills it by snapping the spinal column at the neck as the animal is falling or by suffocating the victim by driving its sharp and long canines into the trachea. The tiger is also well equipped with razor sharp and retractable claws..... hope you all like it happy environment day friends

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 06-06-2015

Here is the ending sequence

RE: Tiger Predation - Roflcopters - 06-06-2015

Looks like the Gaur reintroduction program is doing well in Bandhavgarh. gaurs were locally extinct in the late 90s at Bandhavgarh.. Tfs

RE: Tiger Predation - Apollo - 06-10-2015

Tigress with chital fawn from Ranthambore 

Tiger stalking gaur in Tad oba

Tiger carrying chital remains in Kanha 

Tigress chasing chitals in Dhikala Corbett 

Tigress chasing a hog deer in Kaziranga (a very rare capture)

RE: Tiger Predation - Apollo - 06-12-2015

Tigress Maya with a kill (looks like a wildboar) from Tadoba 

RE: Tiger Predation - Apollo - 06-13-2015

Cubs of Noor fathered by famous T24 kills a deer

RE: Tiger Predation - Apollo - 06-17-2015

A beautiful image is taken by wildlife photographer Shashi Choubey .
Tiger with Gaur Kill and another bull Gaur is watching the tiger. Magnificent sighting.

BANDIPUR has always been special to me.This gaur was killed by a male tiger in an open field near border road.I got the information at 7.30 pm on wednesday night.I was at the spot Thrusday morning at 6.40am...saw the kill but no tiger.waited for more than 3 hrs..lot of alarm calls around indicating the presence of the tiger, but it did not come out.Thrusday evening a leopard was feasting on the kill amidst lound alarm calls from langur and chital ....hearing this the tiger comes rushing to defend his kill..leopard runs out of sight..we see the tiger for 2 seconds inside the lantana to our right..i click only to get the lantana in the foreground in focus.Next second the tiger dissapears searching for the leopard in the direction of the alarm calls.Missed!! i curse my luck.Next day morning i reached the kill at 6.25am ..a gypsy belonging to a pvt resort reaches the spot 2 mins before me sees the tiger walking in to the bushes...gets no pics.We wait for more than an hour ,but the tiger who had his fill by then, decides to sleep inside a dry nullah right behind the kill and does not come out...alright.. so no luck the third time.I sit down and decide to change the routine ...in the afternoon we reach the spot an hour before other jeeps .As per plan we switch off the engine about a quater km away and reach the spot..the willy tiger which still manages to hear the rattle of our approaching vehicle stands right next to the kill..at the first glimpse of our vehicle [which was around 300 feet away] he retreats in to the lantana..but stands still watching at our approaching jeep..as the jeep stops about 150 feet away ...i instantly click pointing my camera towards the tiger..in about 5 to 10 seconds i manage to get atleast a few record shots of this huge male tiger which remains to be identified.With extreme satisfaction of atleast getting a few record shots...all my feelings of not having got him feasting on his kill vanish.I silently take a video of the kill and wait at the spot...thinking that it was all over. vultures sitting around hover around the kill but refuse to land,probably sensing the tiger.Suddenly from our left two wild dogs appear on the scene...and cautiously approach the kill..but sensing the tiger around they too dissapear from the scene.As the other jeeps start pouring in i decided to exit from the scene aware that the tiger being shy [not used to vehicles and people] would not emerge.As i return back i was blessed with an sighting which was perhaps more rare than a tiger!! A sloth bear with two cubs piggyriding on her!! We also got to see herds of elephants,a tusker,and groups of gaur too. More than i asked for!! I will be posting the images and videos of the tiger , wild dogs,vultures and the bear cubs with their mother.Keep watching.here is a picture of the scene showing the dead gaur and other gaur watching it in the rain.