WildFact
Tiger Predation - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: Tiger Predation (/topic-tiger-predation)

RE: Tiger Predation - Apollo - 01-20-2015

(01-20-2015, 10:57 PM)'Pckts' Wrote: More disgusting non sense from varty. That animal has no idea what a tiger is, didn't even run. I lack the foresight to see the necessity of teaching these hybrid tigers to hunt since you will never be able to release them. Unless he is doing it simply as a specticle for tourist dollars.
Either way, that looks like a big tiger. Apparently male blesbuck average around 70kg to give you a idea of that tiger size.

Yeah thats a big tiger.
I didtnt understand why the blesbuck challenged the tiger. Because it can see an animal bigger than itself.
Is it a captive bred blesbuck ? Whether the blesbuck was drugged ? I dont no.
Only Varty knows.

RE: Tiger Predation - sanjay - 01-20-2015

I have heard that Varty and team tend to chase blesbuck towards the tiger and this way they help them to hunt, Also if tiger did not able to make hunt they injure the animal and bring near to tiger.
You can always see a booking message almost in every video or post by tiger canyon.

So I highly believe that it is more than show piece than actual rewilding of tiger. But still better than places who keep them fully captive

RE: Tiger Predation - tigerluver - 01-21-2015

Something about that video morally bothers me. The buck didn't go by instinct as Apollo pointed out, looks more like a farm raised animal with plenty of human interaction. I've experienced captive goats, they're either quite sweet or blindly aggressive like that buck.

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 01-22-2015

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 01-28-2015

Rohit KalingarayarSanctuary AsiaYesterday at 5:26am · Edited · What an epic day it turned out to be .The Hunter & The HuntedWas blessed to witness and record this amazing moment at TATR . An action sequence of a mother and her three cubs trying to bring down an Indian Gaur. It become an even better moment because of the friends who were with me during this trip ( Karthik Ramamurthy, Nidhyan Anu, Vetrivel Arumugham and Suman Subramanian ). Sharing this image for everyone to enjoy.This is just a low res image will upload the high resolution image soon .— at Tadoba - Andhari Tiger Reserve.

When asked if the hunt was successful

"Rohit Kalingarayar @ Suresh Kumar mishra we have no clue as we had to leave . time played spoil sport and also we all decided not to disturb it as she was teaching her cubs to hunt and we noticed the cubs were shy ."

Amazing that a Tigress would dare attempt on a Bull Gaur let alone use it as a training tool for her cubs. She does look to be a big girl though but I doubt that even a girl of her size could take that Gaur down. Looks as though he has a wound on his hump though.

RE: Tiger Predation - Apollo - 01-31-2015

Here is the tiger of Vladimir putin hunting and feeding a dog in night ,The animal was one of three tigers freed by Mr Putin from a wildlife centre in east Russia's Amur region in May. The cubs were found starving in a forest two years ago and were rescued and taught to hunt before being released back into the wild. Kuzya was reported to have crossed the border into China two months ago, possibly in search of food, according to GPS satellite data.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anse2gIJC_0#t=24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkOWgaza3m8

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 02-06-2015

Hey All,

Here is the next (satirical) one of our “Are you listening ?” campaign. Please feel free to share !

Tiger reserves across India face immense biotic pressure from the resource dependent human populations residing both inside and on the periphery. These villages are primarily dependent on agriculture for their livelihood and their economy is supplemented by animal husbandry. While the villagers tend to graze their animals in the fallow agricultural lands most of the year, it attains ominous levels during the monsoons when the villagers enter deep into the forests to graze their livestock. It is like an army of livestock that enter the very fragile core areas and plunder the biomass.

It is imperative to mention, cattle grazing in Protected Areas has a cascading effect whereby it robs the ungulates of their food, forcing them to enter agricultural fields resulting in crop loss to farmers.

Image courtesy : Our good friend Trayambak Ojha.
Text courtesy : Our good friend Dr.PV Subramaniam.

RE: Tiger Predation - Apollo - 02-07-2015

Here is a video of a tiger hunting a deer in Corbett NP. Tell me whether you can see the tiger ?

If you are unable to see the tiger in the first video, then check out this slowmo video

Thanks for watching [img]images/smilies/smile.gif[/img].

RE: Tiger Predation - Apollo - 02-07-2015

Tigress with a Sambar kill from Ranthambore

Tiger chasing a big Sambar

RE: Tiger Predation - sanjay - 02-08-2015

Awesome shot

RE: Tiger Predation - GuateGojira - 02-08-2015

(02-07-2015, 06:02 PM)'Apollo' Wrote: Tiger chasing a big Sambar

Maybe is just an irrelevant question, but, are you sure this is a Sambar? It looks more like a Nilgai.

Just my apreciation. [img]images/smilies/blush.gif[/img]

RE: Tiger Predation - tigerluver - 02-08-2015

That does look like a Nilgai once you point that out, the neck mane and grey-brown body and white underside of that herbivore are all Nilgai features.

RE: Tiger Predation - GuateGojira - 02-08-2015

Let's confirm it, witht this image of wild nilgais:

Yes, I think it is a nilgai, which make that picture even more important, as interaction between tigers and nilgais are rare. [img]images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

RE: Tiger Predation - tigerluver - 02-08-2015

It seems tigers and other species are extremely comfortable with the presence of humans. They're hunting, mating, and bringing their cubs within human range. That could be a double-edged sword. Human tolerance can save human lives, but too much trust might may them easy targets for poachers. I want to say the trusting humans behavior exhibited these days is more learned than genetic, as I've read and heard on documentaries that before the ban on hunting tigers would steer clear of humans and may have shifted to more nocturnal lifestyles for that reason as well. Now it seems, at least the tigers in the tourist zones, are quite diurnal and are not worried about humans. Considering the hunting ban was about 40 years ago, I don't think that enough time for genetic change to account for the change in behavior. It goes to show the level of conciousness and intelligence of these animals.

RE: Tiger Predation - Apollo - 02-08-2015

Thanks @GuateGojira,
Yeah its a Nilgai, Thanks for pointing that out.

This is a tigress hunting a Sambar in Ranthambore