WildFact
Tiger Predation - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: Tiger Predation (/topic-tiger-predation)

RE: Tiger Predation - Pantherinae - 09-04-2014

Well then it's his problem, I have not done something with this just Ask him, 

the guy who Asked is a real tiger guy so I does not suspect him to have charged The words

'Pckts dateline='' Wrote:
'Pantherinae dateline='' Wrote: Kanwaar once said to me that Lions appers bigger than tiger, but said tiger can weigh more based on researtch. 

"Kanwaar once said to ME"
Also why I'm skeptical, Me has now changed to "my friend"

Yeah a writen Word in a hurry they guy who Asked him is called marcus Ask if he sent a mesage. 

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 09-04-2014

(09-04-2014, 01:54 AM)'Pckts' Wrote:
(09-04-2014, 12:41 AM)'Pantherinae' Wrote: Kanwaar once said to me that Lions appers bigger than tiger, but said tiger can weigh more based on researtch. 

"Kanwaar once said to ME"
Also why I'm skeptical, Me has now changed to "my friend"

Again, this is what you said!
The "guy" also alleged said, his favorites "lions and tigers'', so now hes a Tiger guy?

Don't worry, Im sure I will have my foot in my mouth once you post your tiger sighting that you personally took and when Kanwaar gives me a response.

Does "Marcus" have a last name?
Only way we can find him on FB since there are a million Marcus' out there.

He is a tiger guy, but as many other tiger guy's, he likes Lions aswell. 

Don't worry You are allowed to be sceptical, but every time I say something You are bringing things like that up when It does have Nothing to do with that.. That's all I'm saying!  But I will shut up and not post If I don't have any evidence from now. No problem, but I'm Gonna post a picture of bamera I took 

I don't feel like giving away his name if he's not okey with it, I'll Ask him :-) 

(09-04-2014, 02:14 AM)'Pantherinae' Wrote: He is a tiger guy, but as many other tiger guy's, he likes Lions aswell. 

Don't worry You are allowed to be sceptical, but every time I say something You are bringing things like that up when It does have Nothing to do with that.. That's all I'm saying!  But I will shut up and not post If I don't have any evidence from now. No problem, but I'm Gonna post a picture of bamera I took 

I don't feel like giving away his name if he's not okey with it, I'll Ask him :-) 

Well then you shouldn't tell me to "ask him", right?

Bamera picture(s) hopefully its more than 1, right? You wouldn't only snap one image would you? It will be greatly appreciated, I can't wait to see new images of Bamera that I have never seen before. As well as any other Tigers you saw and other wild life. I'm sure it will be very cool to see.

Todays the day, @Pantherinae.
Whenever you have time, will you please post your pictures taken of bamera and other tigers and wildlife you saw on your safari.
Thank you.

RE: Tiger Predation - Apollo - 09-06-2014

Tiger killing a huge gaur at Nagarahole

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 09-06-2014

(09-04-2014, 01:43 AM)'Pantherinae' Wrote:
*This image is copyright of its original author

And this is why you get the answer straight from the Horses mouth.

Here is my conversation with Kanwaar
Your photos are amazing! I was curious, can you tell me how Large Male tigers from Kaziranga and Corbett compare to Large Male lions you have seen? Thanks again, your photos are just stunning! 
6 hours ago
I'm sure you're a busy guy, but if you ever get a spare minute, I would greatly appreciate it. Regards. 
7 minutes ago

Hi *****, tks, a large male lion is very impressive when u r close to him but a tiger is a tiger. Almost all the wildlifers I know feel the same too. I did some research on competition between the two and found that a similarly aged royal adult Royal Bengal tiger is about 50kgs more than the lion! In some cases it may vary but this is the general size. Have never seen them together but tigers in corbett and Kaziranga are generally much bigger. They look even bigger when they have just finished a meal. 

Sorry for delay in reply 

Also during roman times and Mughal era in india, tigers were made to fight lions in the arenas and tigers generally won! 

Great info kanwaar. Your work is amazing. There is actually one roman account of tiger vs lion were the tiger was the victor easily. That I have seen. I love both cats so I really am just interested in eye witness accounts and research I have done online. I will be going to India in 2015 and I can't wait. I think kahna is top of my list. Hopefully catch a glimpse of Munna or that big boy red eye male u have been seeing. Thanks soo much for the time and response. 

Good luck with the trip! Easiest place to spot tigers is Ranthambhore! Followed by Tadoba and then kanha + bandhavgarh! 

I don't care about L vs T so lets not bring that up at all!
Just wanted to share his comments

I really want to go to Ranthambhore as well. Would love to see T24 or even Malachli if she is still around by the time Im there 
T24 is seen quite often but his sultan is even better to see now but I haven't see him after may 2013 .. U'll probably also see T19 easily! machhli's surviving daughter and current lady of the lakes 
All the best 

Im also getting great info on Size of Corbett and Kaziranga tigers. Shoulder heights and ranthambhore tigers. 
ill post once the convo is done.
He is very nice and informative.

He also sent me unreal images of Corbett. He said its really hard to book, but its amazing. He highly recommended that. I can't post images with my laptop, I can post the entire conversation though, but I might wait till Monday to do so, so I can post the images a long with it.

RE: Tiger Predation - tigerluver - 09-06-2014

Pckts, could you please ask him about variation in size across the parks? I wonder if eye witness accounts support the data that there isn't much difference in the Bengal form.

Kanha is a great option and the 2nd most beautiful park in india according to me after corbet! A day in any park is always great and lots to sight (not like Africa though) but its important to he a very good guide and driver! 
You can use my contacts in any if the parks if u like 
Corbett would be amazing. Would love to see that young male Tyson. where do you recommend first? 
Happy to help fellow wild lifers but pls don't expect instant results in india ! Come, enjoy the country and soak it in slowly 
That would be great. I figure if I see a tiger, thats the cherry on top. Still would love to see elephant, gaur, rhino or even your amazing bird life. India just draws me. Africa as well, but I want to go to india first

We can plan closer to the date and then u know I if sightings are happening or not! Corbett has a lot of tiger but tiger sightings are not guaranteed like in kanha or Ranthambhore or Tadoba but when u see a tiger there then it a rate experience and something to cherish all your life 
Rhino in Kaziranga only 

Ya, and Kaziranga Terrain looks very hard to see a Tiger. But I imagine once you see one of those monsters, it makes it all worth it. 
It is but the rhinos and birds will keep u very busy there
 How about Lodging, since I will be going for a couple of weeks, I would love to have a nice lodge to relax in as well as see wild life

Do you notice shoulder height difference between areas? I have read that Ranthambhore tigers appear taller, but I wonder if its because they seem to be slightly less robust than Tadoba, Kahna and Kaziranga tigers Corbett tigers always appear tall to me Can you tell between Corbett and Kaziranga which are larger?

Depends from tiger to tiger 

O yes, I have seen those. Like I said, I am a big fan of your photos. They are great. 
All different ages, times and locations 
Thanks 
Hard to say taller or not to be honest 
t28 is the biggest in Ranthambhore as I have seen 
He is awesome 
Munna and red eye are big too 
But corbett males and Kaziranga are much bigger n richer more orange coat I would say 

Awesome Info. I have always been curious.
How does Waghdoh compare to Kahna Tigers. I figure Corbett and Kaziranga are in a league of their own 

Never seen but heard he's very big