WildFact
Tiger Predation - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: Tiger Predation (/topic-tiger-predation)

RE: Tiger Predation - Lycaon - 10-14-2019

ห้วยขาแข้งสืบสาน

Indochinese family eating banteng 

RE: Tiger Predation - Rishi - 10-15-2019

Takin kill made in Himalayan altitude bamboo forest of Arunachal Pradesh by tiger.
*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 10-18-2019

RE: Tiger Predation - epaiva - 10-23-2019

Tigress hunting a Sambar
Book A Tiger's Tale - Anup & Manoj Shah

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 10-25-2019

Patiha female , the most prolific girl of Magadhi zone is no more. She had 5 litters in her 13-14 years of a beautiful life.
She is the mother of Dotty and Spotty.
She always left a part of her territory for her sub-adult cubs when she separated and kept moving further up. She littered her last set near the border of the village and that costed her, her life.
We had great sighting of her and the two cubs, about 3 months old in June'19. During the last rains she has gone missing and one cub was found dead.Remaining two cubs are in an enclosure now.
Crux of the matter is - Tourism is not a threat to our wildlife and forest but the villages around need better monitoring and education

RE: Tiger Predation - Ashutosh - 11-06-2019

It’s only a matter of time....[attachment=3193]

WII Expert Rabin Sharma’s Documentation Of Adult Rhino Predation By Kaziranga Tigers - Roflcopters - 11-12-2019

Wildlife Institute of India’s tiger expert, Rabin Sharma’s documented cases of Adult Rhino predation by tigers.

A small story about rhino & tiger in Kaziranga NationalPark
28th February,2008. I was supervising the field preparation for upcoming Population Estimation for Asiatic Wild Buffalo (Bubalus Arnee). With me was Tarun Gogoi(for mapping), Prabhat Hazarika (Armed Guard) & Lakhi Das(Driver). At around 2.40 pm we were travelling eastwards from Rutikhowa junction. 
Suddenly, we saw a rhino was running very fast from our left side to right side crossing the road just in front of us.  A deer(we presumed) ran (blurred) after the rhino. I immediately asked Lakhi to switch off the vehicle because I was anticipating a tiger to cross the road after the fleeing rhino & deer. In the meantime we heard a loud crashing sound towards our right. We waited for two minutes. No tiger.  We thought that  tiger has sensed us  and aborted the hunt. So, we got down from the vehicle and gone to inspect the place from where crashing sound came. Behold!  An adult female rhino was lying down in agony. Hamstrings of the hind legs were severed, no other injury. The rhino was fully alive. We returned to Rutikhowa Camp and brought the staff to show the location of the injured rhino. When, we reached the spot, fresh blood was oozing out from the hind portion. My friends insisted on taking few photos with a live wild rhino! Then I had fleeting glimpse of  TIGERS (may be 3 or 4)  approx. 40 feet behind my friends. Hurried back to the road and sent the msg to the Director Surendranath Buragohain & DFO Bankim Sarma.  Next day rhino was found half devoured. (First 4 photos of that incident.) 

Second case involving an adult male rhino and a tiger. in this case, it seems the tiger died in the fight as well.

#WONDERFUL NATURE
It happens (only?) in Kaziranga National Park, a wildlife paradise. 
11th November, 2017. Deep inside the Kaziranga Tiger Reserve widerness.

After thorough observation by Research Officer, Range Officer, Forest Veterinery Officer, Field Director, Deputy Field Director, Vets from CWRC, Honorary Wl Warden in presence of NTCA representatives, staff, media persons and after thorough Post Mortem, it was concluded that cause of death of two flagship species is 'interspecific fight', which is perfactly natural.
(Procedures had been completed at 9.30 pm)
Photo: Manik Ali responding to request of the angle with my camera.

A dead rhino and a dead tiger 38 feet away from it. 7th November, 2017.

(Do not worry, no poaching involved. Only interspecific fight)

Credits to Rabin Sharma.

RE: Tiger Predation - Roflcopters - 11-13-2019

Kaziranga male feeding on his rhino kill.

male from Kaziranga feeding on his kill (4:45pm)

one hour later, tiger dragged the 600kg carcass 40 feet away. (5:48pm)

10 minutes later, same male was seen by the carcass at the new location. (5:58pm)

Tiger ate up to (10:25 pm) with few breaks here and there and hid the carcass again.

same spot being inspected by a Water Buffalo. (3:40am)

Credits to the field director of Kaziranga and Rabin Sharma of WII

Two tigers share a Water Buffalo kill.

Water buffalo carcass being inspected by a forest guard. (5:23pm)

one hour later, male tiger seen near the kill. (6:23pm)

feeding on the kill (6:25pm)

26 minutes later. (6:51pm)

two hours later, the golden tabby tigress female also known as Kazi106f was seen at the kill. (8:48pm)

one hour later. (9:43pm)

5 hours later, same male can be seen on the kill. (2:28am)

Credits to Rabin Sharma and Kaziranga Park for the camera trap images.

RE: Tiger Predation - Rishi - 11-13-2019

@sanjay shall I move this to new primere section as new thread? 
Edit: Did it... Check it out. 

@Roflcopters are the images on secure host, or should we download a copy? Did Mr. Sharma share them somewhere or just sent them to you?

RE: Tiger Predation - Roflcopters - 11-13-2019

I uploaded them all on imgbb and all the pictures have been publicly shared by Mr.Rabin Sharma for educational purposes.

RE: Tiger Predation - Rage2277 - 11-18-2019

Anup Bhatavadekar‎-Four Mark's Cub dragging Wild Boar's head
Tipeshwar Wildlife Sanctuary
May 2019

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 11-18-2019

Rajan Gurung
From archived
Chhoti Mada with Barashinga kill.
@ Kanha Tiger Reserve Mp.

RE: Tiger Predation - Apollo - 11-19-2019

T108 aka Jai carries a spotted deer in Ranthambore.

RE: Tiger Predation - Apollo - 11-20-2019

Tigress with her kill in zone 6 at Ranthambore.

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 11-21-2019

Balamurali Parthasarathi Iyengar‎ 

A Kill And A Killer !!
" Tiger with Kill" @ ಮೈಸೂರು ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ.27th Nov 2016
It was our first safari of the trip. We had got an information from Forest department that their was a Gaur kill last night near the water body. As soon as we reached the spot we could find only Gaur body with half eaten we waited for an half an hour we are not able to sight the tiger.Again we took safari in evening still we were not able to sight.

Early next morning when we reached the same spot we couldn’t find the Gaur kill, Suddenly one of my friend spotted Tiger was having its big meal near the edge of the bush. By the time we could make any images it dragged the Gaur inside the bush as soon it saw our bus, We decided to wait till the mighty Tiger comes out we had hardly any mood to venture out in the forest.. After a prolonged wait of around an hour but their was no sign of luck. I was anyways having a content feeling of sighting my first tiger in the Kabini wild Like a usual scene in all tiger reserves, the area was now full with jeeps and canter. Always had an a dream to sight a tiger with kill it was an amazing one. He gave us a wonderful sighting. That's unforgettable moment in my life....

It was very rare for me to see tiger with kill it was my first experience. I was fortunate enough to see this tiger from Kabini with kill.It was very cloudy & early morning as a result it was difficult to get a sharp image...

Comments & Suggestions will be appreciated!
For more images:
https://www.facebook.com/Balamurali.Parthasarathi09/