WildFact
Tiger Predation - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: Tiger Predation (/topic-tiger-predation)

RE: Tiger Predation - Apollo - 03-28-2019

Tiger taking on sloth bear

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 03-28-2019

Shaurya Vardhan Singh
This was a surprise encounter, when we were about to leave the place and this big boy walked out with a Cheetal kill giving us a sighting of a lifetime. After crossing the road, sat barely 15 ft inside the thickets and we could hear every bone crack!!

One of the bigger tigers of the park, he has everything it takes to be a star- size, genes, confidence and experience!!

Sangam male| 03.03.2019
KTR

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Tiger Predation - Shadow - 03-29-2019

(03-28-2019, 04:21 PM)Apollo Wrote: Tiger taking on sloth bear

Isn´t this part of that old video? Where in the end these animals disperse? That case near some pond etc? Looks like to be edited version from that case, beginning and end part just cut off.

RE: Tiger Predation - Sanju - 03-31-2019

2015 news:

Putin's Tiger Kills Bear

A tiger released into the wild in Russia's Far East by President Vladimir Putin himself has killed and eaten a bear, the Interfax news agency reported Tuesday.
Boris the tiger's culinary triumph was discovered by staff at the national park in the Amur region where the tiger resides, the park's deputy director for science, Vyacheslav Kastrikin, was cited as saying.

“There wasn't much left of Boris' feast by the time we got to his hunting ground, so it's hard to say whether it was a brown bear or an Asian black bear,” Kastrikin said.

It was not the first time the big cat had vanquished an ursine rival: Boris killed a 3-year-old bear last August, Interfax reported.
Putin, whose animal-loving stunts are notorious, was present when Boris was released from a tiger sanctuary into the wild last May together with another orphaned tiger, Kuzya, and a tigress Iliona.

The cubs, members of the endangered Amur tiger species of which less than 500 cats are estimated to remain, were reportedly found starving in a forest and were trained to hunt by sanctuary staff before being sent back into the wild.

Not to be outdone by Boris, Kuzya has also made the headlines since his emancipation. In December last year, he was captured on infrared camera eating a domestic dog in China after crossing over the border from Russia. After eating his fill, he later returned to Russia.

RE: Tiger Predation - Shadow - 03-31-2019

(03-31-2019, 08:42 AM)Sanju Wrote: 2015 news:

Putin's Tiger Kills Bear

A tiger released into the wild in Russia's Far East by President Vladimir Putin himself has killed and eaten a bear, the Interfax news agency reported Tuesday.
Boris the tiger's culinary triumph was discovered by staff at the national park in the Amur region where the tiger resides, the park's deputy director for science, Vyacheslav Kastrikin, was cited as saying.

“There wasn't much left of Boris' feast by the time we got to his hunting ground, so it's hard to say whether it was a brown bear or an Asian black bear,” Kastrikin said.

It was not the first time the big cat had vanquished an ursine rival: Boris killed a 3-year-old bear last August, Interfax reported.
Putin, whose animal-loving stunts are notorious, was present when Boris was released from a tiger sanctuary into the wild last May together with another orphaned tiger, Kuzya, and a tigress Iliona.

The cubs, members of the endangered Amur tiger species of which less than 500 cats are estimated to remain, were reportedly found starving in a forest and were trained to hunt by sanctuary staff before being sent back into the wild.

Not to be outdone by Boris, Kuzya has also made the headlines since his emancipation. In December last year, he was captured on infrared camera eating a domestic dog in China after crossing over the border from Russia. After eating his fill, he later returned to Russia.
I am not sure, what underlinings mean in this text. But it is no news, that tigers kill young bears time to time :) 3 years old bear is still quite small. Quite old case, you saw this first time?

RE: Tiger Predation - Sanju - 03-31-2019

(03-31-2019, 04:00 PM)Shadow Wrote: I am not sure, what underlinings mean in this text.
Zoo animals are not for decoration and business, they are to strengthen wild population through rewilding and reintroduction whenever necessary. That's why text underlined.

(03-31-2019, 04:00 PM)Shadow Wrote: But it is no news, that tigers kill young bears time to time :) 3 years old bear is still quite small.

I know. Sorry if killing bear hurts.
(03-31-2019, 04:00 PM)Shadow Wrote: Quite old case, you saw this first time?

This news article? Yeah for the first time (hence, shared). This kind of news? Hell no ! countless times I saw tiger killing bear articles.

RE: Tiger Predation - Shadow - 03-31-2019

(03-31-2019, 04:07 PM)Sanju Wrote:
(03-31-2019, 04:00 PM)Shadow Wrote: I am not sure, what underlinings mean in this text.
Zoo animals are not for decoration and business, they are to strengthen wild population through rewilding and reintroduction whenever necessary. That's why text underlined.

(03-31-2019, 04:00 PM)Shadow Wrote: But it is no news, that tigers kill young bears time to time :) 3 years old bear is still quite small.

I know. Sorry if killing bear hurts.
(03-31-2019, 04:00 PM)Shadow Wrote: Quite old case, you saw this first time?

This news article? Yeah for the first time (hence, shared). This kind of news? Hell no ! countless times I saw tiger killing bear articles.

No, not hurting feelings :) Just that there have been many discussions about tigers and bears and I wondered if there was something special you wanted to say with underlinings in text because this case is old and nothing new to topic concerning tigers and brown bears in Russia :) But ok, this was new case for you then. Of course brown bears and tigers is interesting topic for many, but new incidents and reports naturally are the ones, what would be most interesting. This is a little bit same as lion and tiger issue, old news have been posted countless times and of course many as I am, are trying to find something new to worn out discussions :)

RE: Tiger Predation - Sanju - 04-01-2019

sachin_rai_photography

The titans from Kaziranga National Park, India.

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 04-02-2019

Ananya Dutta Panda‎ 

The killer lady...
Aarchie

Tipeshwar 
March 19

RE: Tiger Predation - Rage2277 - 04-02-2019

Thailand Tiger Project -A lot of people asked about the tiger.
Let's see the strength that still exists.
When I find a big meal.
I can tell you that.
I'm still okay.

RE: Tiger Predation - Apollo - 04-06-2019

Tiger kill wild dog in Tadoba

RE: Tiger Predation - Shadow - 04-06-2019

(04-06-2019, 10:25 AM)Apollo Wrote: Tiger kill wild dog in Tadoba

This is (most probably)original video with right species mentioned. That poster who mention jackals gives often opinions, but not so much good reasoning. But of course he seems to be quite young, so understandable. But he really isn´t paying attention when he makes those headlines and when he gives his opinions about what he sees on videos.

RE: Tiger Predation - Sanju - 04-07-2019

Man Eating Tigers of Sunderkhel ... Wilderness Days. Raheja Wildlife Production. Huge Tiger.

RE: Tiger Predation - shaileshsharadnaik - 04-09-2019

(04-06-2019, 11:33 AM)Shadow Wrote:

This is (most probably)original video with right species mentioned. That poster who mention jackals gives often opinions, but not so much good reasoning. But of course he seems to be quite young, so understandable. But he really isn´t paying attention when he makes those headlines and when he gives his opinions about what he sees on videos.

Hello

these are not jackals. These are dholes or Indian wild dogs. this video is of Tadoba devada buffer. Probably Devada lake there. The tiger is;  last litter subadult of Madhuri tigress. This video is more than 1 years old. Yes, madhuri and her litter decimated the whole pack of dholes in that area. Now there are few dholes left.

RE: Tiger Predation - Shadow - 04-09-2019

(04-09-2019, 10:44 AM)shaileshsharadnaik Wrote:
(04-06-2019, 11:33 AM)Shadow Wrote:

Hello

these are not jackals. These are dholes or Indian wild dogs. this video is of Tadoba devada buffer. Probably Devada lake there. The tiger is;  last litter subadult of Madhuri tigress. This video is more than 1 years old. Yes, madhuri and her litter decimated the whole pack of dholes in that area. Now there are few dholes left.

I thought, that I made it already quite clear, that those are dholes, when I shared that video in my posting :) I posted that exactly in order to make it clear, that no jackals there as was claimed on that video with different headline from same incident. That guy who posted video with "jackal" headline makes often quite odd and misleading descriptions etc. It would be interesting to know if it is about ignorance, laziness or some other reason. But this same video has been posted also here in tiger and/or dhole threads too, so it is here for many old news. Of course it was nice to hear some background of that tiger :)