WildFact
Tiger Predation - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: Tiger Predation (/topic-tiger-predation)

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 02-01-2019

" Tiger on Hunt "

Its very rare to see tiger hunt broad daylight . I was fortunate enough to see this male tiger from buffer zone of Tadoba , successful chasing down a indian gaur and killing him . 

Picture by - Ranveer Singh Gautam
11/27/16

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Tiger Predation - Pantherinae - 02-01-2019

(02-01-2019, 02:20 AM)Pckts Wrote:
(02-01-2019, 02:05 AM)Pantherinae Wrote:

Wagdoh hunting gaur!

Don't believe this was Wagdoh, I posted this a few pages back where they discussed it.
Not on his page but on one of the forum pages I believe, I'll try to find it.
I’m quite sure it is him. Look at his face before he starts running, it looks very much like him. Hard to compare the stripes because the quality of the video is quite bad, but I could not ser anything that said it wasn’t him either.

(02-01-2019, 02:42 AM)Pantherinae Wrote:

Wagdoh hunting gaur!

Don't believe this was Wagdoh, I posted this a few pages back where they discussed it.
I’m quite sure it is him. Look at his face before he starts running, it looks very much like him. Hard to compare the stripes because the quality of the video is quite bad, but I could not ser anything that said it wasn’t him either.

He's probably 100-200 yards away when he shot this video in 2017, it's just as hard to make out his face as the stripe. 
If I were to bet, I'd say it wasn't Waghdoh, he was older in 2017 and not seen often that year but I've been wrong before.

Tiger eating Gaur alive in Tadoba

RE: Tiger Predation - Pantherinae - 02-01-2019

(02-01-2019, 02:49 AM)Pckts Wrote:
(02-01-2019, 02:42 AM)Pantherinae Wrote:

Wagdoh hunting gaur!

He's probably 100-200 yards away when he shot this video in 2017, it's just as hard to make out his face as the stripe. 
If I were to bet, I'd say it wasn't Waghdoh, he was older in 2017 and not seen often that year but I've been wrong before.
Yes let’s not speculate, I can see if I can find and ask the photagrapher and get comfirmation.

RE: Tiger Predation - Pantherinae - 02-02-2019

@Pckts I got the reply from the ranger that took the video :) 

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 02-02-2019

I know, he says it on the link I posted, there's s few who dont agree in that conversation though, that's all I was pointing out. He's probably right, but I've seen guides be wrong when id'ing cats before.

RE: Tiger Predation - Diamir2 - 02-04-2019

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 02-05-2019

Indranil Paul
The Apex Predator and A Morning Drama!(Son of Choti Tara,Tadoba, 1st Feb 2019)

Following the pugmarks of Choti Tara on that eventful morning, we found her sprinting across the Jamni meadows only to see her cross the road and enter into the bushes. Out came her son(from her previous litter,called as Chota Matka) from the bushes with this deer kill which he had made just a few minutes back.Choti Tara followed him, hoping to get a portion of the kill for her present litter of cubs. Suddenly, we spotted the mighty Matkasur coming head-on, emerging from a fire line some 300 mtrs behind us.Chota Matka took the kill in the cover of the tall grasses of Jamni meadows.Matkasur entered the grasses and made straight for the kill.Matkasur and Chota Matka growled at each other for some time, both probably compromised and started their meal together.Choti Tara, watched all this drama from a distance, playing safe,not having the courage to have a go at the kill herself! She left the place only to return back after an hour hoping against all odds for a miracle to happen.But, observing both father and son on the kill, she finally left the place through the same fire line from which Matkasur had come. We were dumbfounded to witness another saga of a mother tigress unfold in front of us!

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 02-05-2019

after the attack....

Sarosh Lodhi
"Survival of the fittest"

Umarpani female with boar kill. 

Kanha 

Summer 2014

RE: Tiger Predation - Sanju - 02-06-2019

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 02-08-2019

Monu Yadav

Dinesh Soni
Ultimate setting dhawajhndi female with kill of sambar deer

KTR ' T27 
06 February 19

RE: Tiger Predation - Pckts - 02-08-2019

Rupak De
Dudhwa

Rupak De J.p. Sharma it was snarling at us as we has interrupted the dinner. I met the animal again about three hours later when she was with a big male and two almost grown up cubs. It was a family dinner. Did not use my camera then a it was unethical

RE: Tiger Predation - shaileshsharadnaik - 02-08-2019

Wagdoh hunting gaur!

Here's the convo https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=viraj%20raut%20tigers%20of%20tadoba%20waghdoh&epa=SEARCH_BOX

Who knows for sure, doesn't look like Wagdoh to me though.

Hello friendsI too think that's not waghdoh. But not sure.

RE: Tiger Predation - Roflcopters - 02-10-2019

It’s definitely not Wagdoh.