WildFact
Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Captive & Domesticated Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-captive-domesticated-animals)
+--- Thread: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity (/topic-zoos-circuses-safaris-a-gallery-of-captivity)

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - peter - 12-20-2018

(12-20-2018, 10:57 AM)johnny rex Wrote: Look at the skull of Bimbo the male Amur (Ussuri?) tiger from Oasis of Siberian Tiger. I guess his skull must be between 11-12 inches wide, with the largest estimate being a trifle more than 12 inches.

I think this is the same tiger, which Betty posted awhile ago. https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/0otnXfg8qnYFFC6Ebl2k8cPdB8ziahU5jd3P1wFoAyQ0Ls64L7d34hwTT3GBF0Mp4IvYDHdWMdyM4F8lB14NnSlj-A2mp9Oqa8aJULjQP40XVLcq4U_tNEgf_1IdLcK_wq0c04OEb_60okkwgj-ZhXFsdbqG3BTZdO3p31ZELy_0L3SrdCUX38LM8MWXO0B5x8_OJmUn16xoCRr8e4E9a5n5_l1-x2a9T3WzSct058oVIGqoYujTiyfBgHotpbBZ3ZDjhoVPr7Jjo_m8k7dQvLsACeGj-tCzZtzpH7YN_O01orIdzlUhM7l74LXB5uFSfIu2Dfmhy3W3tFKZzwCZjqyC-iOHvqFMyCHGR0gC-bkKDd7jxRTtZ_7anI7J7Z1sHlgADrOVFkoSpYcxaL_enpF5YcmfIzGuDUnDYQsNRZ-czO63t0Kpy_CUzc4m8Qp-EYxLiSf9HpQIn_hVpYqfQ72mCqQRQ4GXvcfwz46OPwcbMe4aw5bPL7oC-_zDwympZlxKlsFbHfJC0bOhztWAadlOOqRvzP2QHVB4cCB7o8gvrRyZnAwhqcLUCJBV66vqAQom455HkL8vkj2jukaZcr45Ow0ODfHU6qiixJU=w689-h770-no

Yes, the Amurs in that facility are large.

Captive male Amur tigers have long skulls, but skulls of captive male Indian tigers often are wider and relatively heavier. Based on what I have, I'd say that northeastern India could top the list at the level of averages.

I've several photographs of wild male Indian tigers with large skulls. Most of these skulls are in private collections.

Here's a photograph of a hunter and the tiger he shot. The hunter is standing in front of the car:    

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - sanjay - 12-21-2018

This is new video, Tigers and Lions in same enclosure.

Lion is in aggression, perhaps it is mating time. Protective to females.

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Rishi - 12-21-2018

(12-21-2018, 09:23 AM)sanjay Wrote: This is new video, Tigers and Lions in same enclosure.

The tigers are all females. But all of them look so tense, this could be a first contact! That enclosure is too small for even one big cat...

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - sanjay - 12-21-2018

(12-21-2018, 09:46 AM)Rishi Wrote: The tigers are all females.
I think the bigger one (near to camera at starting) is male.

Agree, space is very less for all these cats

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Rage2277 - 12-21-2018

(12-21-2018, 09:46 AM)Rishi Wrote:
(12-21-2018, 09:23 AM)sanjay Wrote: This is new video, Tigers and Lions in same enclosure.

The tigers are all females. But all of them look so tense, this could be a first contact! That enclosure is too small for even one big cat...
looks like two tigresses one tiger three lionesses one lion in there

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - sanjay - 12-24-2018

I got another videos here from same channel. A small interaction between males (Lion and Tiger). Lion shows his dominance in this case.

Edit: Another video:

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Shadow - 12-24-2018

(12-21-2018, 12:15 PM)sanjay Wrote:
(12-21-2018, 09:46 AM)Rishi Wrote: The tigers are all females.
I think the bigger one (near to camera at starting)  is male.

Agree, space is very less for all these cats

Yes, it has balls, so I think too, that it is male Wink When it lie and then rise up it can be seen.

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - paul cooper - 12-25-2018

(12-21-2018, 09:46 AM)Rishi Wrote:

The lion is just being aggressive.

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Pantherinae - 12-26-2018

Aragon and Aslan 4 years back. 190 and 255 kg. 

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Shadow - 12-26-2018

(12-26-2018, 07:07 PM)Pantherinae Wrote: Aragon and Aslan 4 years back. 190 and 255 kg. 

Any photo(s) from side? Very nice photos!!

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - johnny rex - 12-26-2018

(12-26-2018, 07:07 PM)Pantherinae Wrote: Aragon and Aslan 4 years back. 190 and 255 kg. 

You have seen both of these lions right? Amy estimation on their height? I think they're around nearly 4 feet tall.

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Pantherinae - 12-26-2018

(12-26-2018, 09:00 PM)johnny rex Wrote:

You have seen both of these lions right? Amy estimation on their height? I think they're around nearly 4 feet tall.

Aslan was about 115 cm, when I tried to measure him when he leaned into the fence I used a measuring tape, but I can’t say it’s 100% but arround that.

@Shadow I looked through my computer and found some pictures, although not compleately in profile you’ll get how they are buildt and fed. 

This is Aslan 

And this is Aragon

And here are som additional pictuers 

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - johnny rex - 12-26-2018

How about its head? Do you have any guess about the measurement of its head? If you see Ali from Black Jaguar White Tiger, his head is larger than the other lions that shared enclosure with him such as Han, Illanga and Luke. Not sure if its head is larger than Jimbo the other lion in the same facility. I think Aslan is a Southern African lion, given its impressive size @Pantherinae .

(12-26-2018, 10:48 PM)johnny rex Wrote: How about its head? Do you have any guess about the measurement of its head? If you see Ali from Black Jaguar White Tiger, his head is larger than the other lions that shared enclosure with him such as Han, Illanga and Luke. Not sure if its head is larger than Jimbo the other lion in the same facility. I think Aslan is a Southern African lion, given its impressive size @Pantherinae .

I have no idea Johnny, and I wouldn’t be confident giving an estimation. Aslan and Aragon’s father was caught in the wild as his morgen was poached near mount Kenya in obviously Kenya who’s in the eastern part of Africa. I have seen lions in the wild in Kenya and South Africa and the largest lions I’ve ever seen was from Kenya, so he might have gotten some good genes from there.