WildFact
Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Captive & Domesticated Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-captive-domesticated-animals)
+--- Thread: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity (/topic-zoos-circuses-safaris-a-gallery-of-captivity)

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Garfield - 06-28-2017

(06-28-2017, 02:41 PM)Rishi Wrote:
(06-28-2017, 09:43 AM)Garfield Wrote:
(06-27-2017, 12:23 PM)Rishi Wrote: @Garfield dude all these are old photos. Post the ones in your phone.

Ok bro, finally got these up.  Lion and tigers eatin some chicken, definitely not over fed, just a chicken or two. Theres a lot of tigers an lions at these places this is just a few right here.  I'd say both these tigers lions were similar height, but the lions thicker.  Both get the same amount.  

Nice solid lions...
IMO the IndoChinese(hybrid?) pair looks too young to be mates though, a brother-sister duo maybe.

Good thing this disgrace got shut down.  Neutral

PS: Filmed by @Garfield

Thanks bro, no this place didnt get shut down that was another place in Tennessee, it still runnin but it not open to the public now, they have boat loads of cats.  Most of the cats actually are pretty healthy they get the best nutrution an care most of the time, better care than I do.  Most of these places have to turn cats away cuz theres so many of them.  Mostly tigers though, if I remember the tigers were usually bengal an siberian mixes, only once I seen a sumatran.  An yeah, most lions are pretty solid in da body, ain't no joke bout dat.  Thats why I get a little miffed when ppl go around pretending the tigers always stronger.  Only some tigers are, if they just a lot bigger animal over alll, like height and length an if they also gut the strong arms.  Ive seen those too, I can post some vids of that.  Animal rights bros try to shut these places down cuz they think the animals should be in the wild, ha ha pretty funny, the cats are livin better than we are.   I think the Tennessee place had to small enclosures so they was continually commin under fire an had to shut the place down to the public, but the cats are still all there an I think its still a decent place.

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Pckts - 06-28-2017

They try and shut these places down because these cats are too abundant, they are abused and abandoned, treated inhumanly and forced to live in cages. These sanctuaries are underfunded and the only reason they exist is because of the excess amount of cats there are and the irresponsible breeding that occurs. Their intentions may be good but it'd be better off if they didn't need to exist, these cats only belong in the wild, living behind a cage is no life for them.

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - epaiva - 06-29-2017

Puma 
*This image is copyright of its original author

Puma in Parque del Este, Caracas, Venezuela

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Pckts - 07-03-2017

I went to Lions, Tigers and Bears this past weekend in Alpine, Ca.

It's a great sanctuary that takes in retired or abandoned animals and the habitats are large and well maintained, the animals all looked very healthy and happy.

All Photos taken on my Phone

Himalayan Black Bear
(there was 2 brothers here but this is just one)

I don't know why they wont rotate, sorry

American Black Bear, there were 5-7 individuals in here and all looked healthy

Brown Bear

He was in there with his sister, both had spinal defects from undernourishment from when they were used for cub petting.

White Male Lion

He was from Timbavati, he's 500lbs and massive. He was with two females from Namibia and they were humongous!

To give you an idea about how large the females there are, this male lion is the largest cat there. He's 11 years old and 570lbs!
Check out the size of the female next to him... The keepers said the two sister are 470lbs! They are just as large in frame but not as thick. They are all siblings

This is Hank the white tiger, He is 15 years old and a new rescue. This was his first time ever coming down this far and had never seen any other cats there before, he has a sister but she was too nervous still, as he was but being a male he was more willing to investigate his new surroundings. He's 500lbs, not very tall but very long and thick.

I was really impressed with his head and neck region, the lions all had huge heads but this guys head was really thick and same with his neck.

This is the male lion coming to check out Hank, he was jealous since his two girls couldn't take their eyes off of him since he was this new cat they had never seen before. I actually got to feed this male lion and my GF did as well, he was a gentle beautiful male, he would take the meat softly and had a very mellow look in his eye.

This is Maverick, he's around 3.5 years old, 500lbs and beautiful. He's much taller in the shoulder than Hank but not as thick. Being so young, he was full of energy and running back and forth, jumping and chasing a puma across the way, I'll post the video when I can. His head isn't as large as Hank but his body has the capacity to put on some serious weight if he gets the same thickness as Hank, he'll probably be the same size as the large male lion when full grown I think.

They also had a Lynx Pair, a few Puma, a Female Leopard, Serval and another Tigress but she also wouldn't come out of her cave.

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Pckts - 07-03-2017

Here's Maverick after he just got done chasing the puma, you can see the Puma in the backround

This is one of the Namibia Lioness, she was massive! The gentleman talking to her was a circus trainer and worked with Bauman and a few others, I got to talk to him a bit.

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Garfield - 07-04-2017

You see that bro, nice, thats what happens when you get out more.  You run into a 570lb lion, you were impressed with his head an neck, yup, now you know a little bit about what some of us have been talkin about for awhile, u gut a see these bros in person up close.

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Pckts - 07-04-2017

(07-04-2017, 04:52 AM)Garfield Wrote: You see that bro, nice, thats what happens when you get out more.  You run into a 570lb lion, you were impressed with his head an neck, yup, now you know a little bit about what some of us have been talkin about for awhile, u gut a see these bros in person up close.
When I "get out more?"
lol 
Let me know when you see them in the wild and we can compare. They are all impressive for captive cats, but they certainly don't compare to their wild counterparts. Any 400lb + cat is a huge animal compared to a human, but a 400+ lb wild animal with taught muscle definition is much more impressive than their softer captive relatives.

You also may want to read who's "head and neck region" I was impressed with again.
Hank and the largest male lion were just as thick as one another, Hank is a short tiger though, he'd need to have Mavericks frame to be as large as the largest lion.

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Amnon242 - 07-05-2017

(06-28-2017, 09:24 PM)Garfield Wrote:
(06-28-2017, 02:41 PM)Rishi Wrote:
(06-28-2017, 09:43 AM)Garfield Wrote:
(06-27-2017, 12:23 PM)Rishi Wrote: @Garfield dude all these are old photos. Post the ones in your phone.

Ok bro, finally got these up.  Lion and tigers eatin some chicken, definitely not over fed, just a chicken or two. Theres a lot of tigers an lions at these places this is just a few right here.  I'd say both these tigers lions were similar height, but the lions thicker.  Both get the same amount.  

Nice solid lions...
IMO the IndoChinese(hybrid?) pair looks too young to be mates though, a brother-sister duo maybe.

Good thing this disgrace got shut down.  Neutral

PS: Filmed by @Garfield

Thanks bro, no this place didnt get shut down that was another place in Tennessee, it still runnin but it not open to the public now, they have boat loads of cats.  Most of the cats actually are pretty healthy they get the best nutrution an care most of the time, better care than I do.  Most of these places have to turn cats away cuz theres so many of them.  Mostly tigers though, if I remember the tigers were usually bengal an siberian mixes, only once I seen a sumatran.  An yeah, most lions are pretty solid in da body, ain't no joke bout dat.  Thats why I get a little miffed when ppl go around pretending the tigers always stronger.  Only some tigers are, if they just a lot bigger animal over alll, like height and length an if they also gut the strong arms.  Ive seen those too, I can post some vids of that.  Animal rights bros try to shut these places down cuz they think the animals should be in the wild, ha ha pretty funny, the cats are livin better than we are.   I think the Tennessee place had to small enclosures so they was continually commin under fire an had to shut the place down to the public, but the cats are still all there an I think its still a decent place.

Every mature, reasonable and knowledgeable man knows that tigers and lions have the same power at same size. Due to their anatomical differences, their power may be distributed in somewhat different way. But at parity, their overall strenght is the same.

I made this photo yesterday. This lion is definitely huge, Id estimate him to be around 190 kg, but as you can see, he is somewhat overweight...

lioness. Id give her 150 kg...but again...she is quite fat

Amurs. The female is classical 150 kg amur tigress, the male is estimated to be 300 kg by the breeder. I was rather conservative, my estimate was 270-280 kg. My friends estimated him to be 300 kg at least. I heard how onevisitor said "omg, the tiger is twice as big as that lion".

tigress...

male...again, he is also overfed. He could be perfect 250 kg tiger in good shape. btw It was interesting experience to see these felids from 1/2 meter distance...:-)

One more thing: lot of visitors were impressed by the size and robustness of that 300 kg tiger, but I was not impressed at all. He was somehwat clumsy in his moves...I have seen some 220 kg tigers in perfect shape, no fat, just pure muscles...and I was fascinated by the elegance of their moves (ideal combination of strenght and agility) - something like a cougar, but 3-4 times heavier. I prefer elegant and agile bodies, not body mass.   

Enjoy the photo of European brown bear - very dangerous animals :-)

Im not sure what is the age of the tigers. The male is 11 (I think) and the tigress is older...