WildFact
Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Captive & Domesticated Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-captive-domesticated-animals)
+--- Thread: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity (/topic-zoos-circuses-safaris-a-gallery-of-captivity)

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Amnon242 - 09-12-2016

(09-11-2016, 11:48 PM)Blackleopard Wrote:
(09-11-2016, 05:55 PM)peter Wrote: Prime, ehh, I mean Blackleopard will continue on lions and tigers in the thread about animal trainers from now on. Posts from leopards in this thread and in the Gir lion thread will be deleted.

I told him he's close to deletion himself, so he will try to keep it civilised in the thread about animal trainers. No more posts about superiority, lions, tigers and the inevitable fights, that is. But he can try a detour if he respects the rules.  

Problem solved.

Continue with the gallery. I liked many of the pictures, Amnon. Good work and nice observations.

No I'm not Prime, and I can assure you of that.  I'm educated at Lesley college, and from New Hampshire.  I have many pictures of Bigcats taken, I actually am trying to post them but the files are to large to put up, so I might have to screen cap them into a lower resolution to upload.  No one else can post the pictures I have, because they are only mine.  I can post pics of many large tigers Ive seen, I have properties and family in different parts of the States, and Ive visited different places on vacations.
Photos made by me are also too large to be posted on this forum. It takes me 1 minute to adjust the size ...

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Spalea - 09-12-2016

(09-11-2016, 08:52 PM)GrizzlyClaws Wrote: @Spalea

The lion canine is powerful, it is indeed capable to bring down the big prey by itself.

But some tiger canines are just overkill, it is strong in a ridiculous way. This pantherine species seems to have invested more in the canine area in its evolutionary path.

As for the claws, it is almost identical for the largest lion and largest tiger.

I wouldn't pretend some tigers' canines to be overkill. I can conceive than a solitary tiger cannot afford to be wounded during a hunt and thus can make use some (a bit) longer canines being more able to inflict a quicker death. Lions in pride have more options. In wild nothing is free. In short I can consider an adult tiger as being the most performing solitary predator among the big cats, while the lion has evolved in a different way as both being a social and solitary predator.

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - GrizzlyClaws - 09-12-2016

It is just designated to destroy a medium-sized bovid with a single bite as we saw on some YouTube video.

However, some male lion also managed to bring down a cape buffalo cow quickly without any assistance from his pride lionesses.

african

african (dont know exact subspecies, could be mixed). Medium sized or rather smallish...160 kg? But still powerfull felid

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Blackleopard - 09-12-2016

(09-12-2016, 12:19 AM)Amnon242 Wrote:
(09-11-2016, 11:48 PM)Blackleopard Wrote:
(09-11-2016, 05:55 PM)peter Wrote: Prime, ehh, I mean Blackleopard will continue on lions and tigers in the thread about animal trainers from now on. Posts from leopards in this thread and in the Gir lion thread will be deleted.

I told him he's close to deletion himself, so he will try to keep it civilised in the thread about animal trainers. No more posts about superiority, lions, tigers and the inevitable fights, that is. But he can try a detour if he respects the rules.  

Problem solved.

Continue with the gallery. I liked many of the pictures, Amnon. Good work and nice observations.

No I'm not Prime, and I can assure you of that.  I'm educated at Lesley college, and from New Hampshire.  I have many pictures of Bigcats taken, I actually am trying to post them but the files are to large to put up, so I might have to screen cap them into a lower resolution to upload.  No one else can post the pictures I have, because they are only mine.  I can post pics of many large tigers Ive seen, I have properties and family in different parts of the States, and Ive visited different places on vacations.
Photos made by me are also too large to be posted on this forum. It takes me 1 minute to adjust the size ...

Again I can post pics of tigers and lions you have never heard of.  They are only my pics, I took them.   

When you're adjusting the size of pics, are you resizing it on this site or do you resize it before you upload it?

[The rest was deleted because it's completely irrelevant to the thread and relates to what you've been ordered not to discuss here. Majingilane]

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - peter - 09-12-2016

Blackleopard has been banned. Posts 506 and 515 will be deleted.

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Blackleopard - 09-12-2016

Hey I'm totally fine not posting any versus,

Here is couple of pics of a pretty big tiger named Hollywood in a magic show. It was pretty long, very good size, somewhat thin though in the frame.

[attachment=570][attachment=571]
[attachment=572]

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - GrizzlyClaws - 09-12-2016

(09-12-2016, 05:34 AM)Blackleopard Wrote: Hey I'm totally fine not posting any versus,

Here is couple of pics of a pretty big tiger named Hollywood in a magic show. It was pretty long, very good size, somewhat thin though in the frame.

Didn't peter already ban you?

If not, then you can stay if you stop engaging with the lion vs tiger theme. And the community might give you a second chance.

(09-12-2016, 05:38 AM)GrizzlyClaws Wrote:
(09-12-2016, 05:34 AM)Blackleopard Wrote: Hey I'm totally fine not posting any versus,

Didn't peter already ban you?

If not, then you can stay if you stop engaging with the lion vs tiger theme.

Yeah I don't know, but as I was saying I'm fine not debating that, there are plenty of other sites getting into that.  I was looking for more data on measurements. And as I said, I have a lot of pics of lions and tigers I doubt people have seen. 

Here is the verified over 600 lb white lion I was talking about, these are my pics.  Its a pain having to shrink them.  Otherwise I'd get more up faster. At this point, the lion was 4 years old when this pic was taken, but it was huge, very long which is unusual for most lions from what Ive seen, at this point it was probably over 500 lbs. He had a brother Columbus which got transported somewhere else, I'd be interested to know how big he also got.

[attachment=574][attachment=573]

Yep, keep making more useful contribution like this, this is what @Amnon242 is doing right now.

You can maintain your own opinion, and no one here is forcing you to change your own point of view, but just keep in mind that a lot people here have been bothered by the lion vs tiger theme. So just try to keep it as far away as possible from this community.

Im 187 cm tall and the tiger is standing on somewhat lower ground...This tiger was weighted 220 kg in his prime. Now he is around 11 yo, I think...

This lion was 24 yo (!). I saw him one week before his death. He died in sleep, he wasn ill, he didint suffer. When I saw him, he was just peacefully resting and watching his neighbours. He was called Kristian. African lion again, rather small. I think asiatic lions are bigger than african lions from this zoo. I will visit this zoo in 2 weeks, so I will ask the owner about the exact origin of his lions

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Spalea - 09-13-2016

About #522: I had known a 25 years old lion in the zooligical garden of Paris, but this one, judging by the mane was far more beautiful.

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Amnon242 - 09-13-2016

barbary. My photo so I hope you give me some likes :-)