WildFact
Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Captive & Domesticated Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-captive-domesticated-animals)
+--- Thread: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity (/topic-zoos-circuses-safaris-a-gallery-of-captivity)

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Amnon242 - 07-16-2016

ZOO Hodonin is rather small (Hodonin is a town with about 25 000 people). Zoo has been found in 70s...it was basically a project made by local volunteers who made some enclosures for smaller animals. But the Zoo has grown and now they have amur tigers, white kruger lions, "barbary" lions and also jaguars (1 spotted, 2 black). I talked with the breeders (young people, very enthusiastic for big cats) about their felids and they told me that their favourite felid is jaguar, although its harder to treat and more dangerous than tigers or lions. We also discussed the tiger vs lion thing...and they told me that according to their opinion, jaguar would be surprisingly strong oponent to his bigger relatives (fast, agile, strong, ferocious).

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Pckts - 07-16-2016

Eddie from bjwt always says his Jaguars are the best fighters and most dangerous. If they were the size of lions or tigers they'd be the true king of the big cats.

(07-16-2016, 01:18 AM)Pckts Wrote: Eddie from bjwt always says his Jaguars are the best fighters and most dangerous. If they were the size of lions or tigers they'd be the true king of the big cats.

I think jaguars are perfect in their current size. If they were 200 kg, they would loose some of their agility. BTW personally I dont think that any felid is superior to others - each of them has their own qualities. Each of them is fascinating...for different reasons.
 BTW this tiger has jaguar-like body construction, Id say

Another fascinating creature...

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Pckts - 07-16-2016

You're right amnom, I actually thought about editing that remark because I absolutely agree with you. 
Each is perfect for how they live.

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - stoja9 - 07-16-2016

A lot of the zoo's look god damned depressing as hell. These big cats look like they have very cramped quarters, some not even on grass.

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Spalea - 07-16-2016

(07-16-2016, 03:50 AM)Amnon242 Wrote: I think jaguars are perfect in their current size. If they were 200 kg, they would loose some of their agility. BTW personally I dont think that any felid is superior to others - each of them has their own qualities. Each of them is fascinating...for different reasons.
 BTW this tiger has jaguar-like body construction, Id say

@Ammon242:

Very good synthesis ! Perfectly summed up... Each of these big cats (tiger, lion, jaguar) is a top predator in a particular environment and a result of a long evolution. Their respective morphology are the consequences of the natural environment in which they live.

(07-16-2016, 08:16 AM)stoja9 Wrote: A lot of the zoo's look god damned depressing as hell. These big cats look like they have very cramped quarters, some not even on grass.

Some of these photos are from Tiger Oasis. This is very controveral facility and it looks rather like some chinese breeding farm :-(. When it comes to zoos, the enclosures are ok. The enclosures have different parts. I will show some photos of these animals from more external parts of their enclosures.

BTW most important is that the animals are in good condition. For example when you look at the photos of the white tiger, you see animal with perfect body shape. Muscular and lean. Not underfed, not overfed (which is the case of many captive animlas).

mountain-like enviroment

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - sanjay - 07-16-2016

Hello @Betty,
We welcome you to the forum. But the video that you are trying to post here, is not relative to the thread and it is kind of provoking Tiger Vs Lion debate which We do not allow here.
Also, It seems that you are promoting your own videos from your youtube channel.

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Betty - 07-16-2016

(07-16-2016, 09:49 PM)sanjay Wrote: Hello @Betty,
We welcome you to the forum. But the video that you are trying to post here, is not relative to the thread and it is kind of provoking Tiger Vs Lion debate which We do not allow here.
Also, It seems that you are promoting your own videos from your youtube channel.

Sorry, my English is not good

*This image is copyright of its original author

http://flog.pravda.sk/tigriky.flog?foto=306722