WildFact
Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Captive & Domesticated Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-captive-domesticated-animals)
+--- Thread: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity (/topic-zoos-circuses-safaris-a-gallery-of-captivity)

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Amnon242 - 07-14-2016

estimate the weight of this male amur

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Pckts - 07-15-2016

230kg?

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Pantherinae - 07-15-2016

190 kg

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - peter - 07-15-2016

Nice pictures and info, 242.

Why is it your country seems to be a paradise for breeders?

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Polar - 07-15-2016

190-205 kg?

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Amnon242 - 07-15-2016

That tiger is 18yo (or maybe even older). He was over 200 kg in his prime, but now he is just skin and bones. He is in very bad shape, weak and can barely walk. Im afraid he is not going to survive this year. I dont know his weight, but I think he is not over 160 kg. The point is that its not apparent from the photo. Photos are misleading.

(07-15-2016, 04:10 AM)peter Wrote: Nice pictures and info, 242.

Why is it your country seems to be a paradise for breeders?

Thank You, Peter. It seems like that just because I post here quite a lot of photos from my country, thats all :-) I dont think that the situation in my country is different from other countries in Europe. According to my opinion, the relevant legislation is more or less the same in all european countries...and Im sure that the same applies to the attuitude of people towards animals. So I see no reason, why Czech republic should be any different from other countries when it comes to zoos and  similar facilities.

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Pckts - 07-15-2016

(07-15-2016, 10:46 PM)Amnon242 Wrote: That tiger is 18yo (or maybe even older). He was over 200 kg in his prime, but now he is just skin and bones. He is in very bad shape, weak and can barely walk. Im afraid he is not going to survive this year. I dont know his weight, but I think he is not over 160 kg. The point is that its not apparent from the photo. Photos are misleading.

Of course, especially one single photo, nothing to scale and no prior info about the cats dimensions or size.

Wife of that tiger above.

4 years ago, she had 3cubs - 2boys, 1 girl. The boys were 100 kg when they were 1yo. These cubs are 1 boy, 1 girl.

She is strong, but still lean and elegant. Thats what I like on tigers (and pumas, for example) - the combination of power and agility/speed.

This male is 1,5 yo. He was 70 kg at his birthday. BTW this is not any breeding facility...I took the photo at exhibition of exotic pets. BTW when you play with him, its like when you play with a dog.

This is not Igor (that 220 kg I posted earlier), but his predecessor (also amur).

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Amnon242 - 07-16-2016

not my photo

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Amnon242 - 07-16-2016

amurs...tiger oasis