WildFact
Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Captive & Domesticated Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-captive-domesticated-animals)
+--- Thread: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity (/topic-zoos-circuses-safaris-a-gallery-of-captivity)

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Amnon242 - 07-04-2016

Probably the biggest felid I have ever seen (I dont know his weight)

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Pantherinae - 07-07-2016

I have just finished of a road trip through out Scandinavia to go and visit the most exciting animal parks and zoo's, the male lion in the video I posted comes from ree park in Ebeltoft, east Denmark I was told by the zookeeper that he had been weighed at 280 kg, he was in fact enormous, very fit, but had a huge and beautiful enclosure who was excellent designed for lions, I saw many more interesting cats on the trip, but I would really recommend you guys to take a visit if you'll ever near by!

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Pantherinae - 07-07-2016

*This image is copyright of its original author
Here's a picture I took of him!

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Polar - 07-07-2016

Welcome back, Pantherinae! How have you been doing?

Thanks Polar, I have been doing great! Been struggling to post here my computer would not be able to write a post/reply, but now it's fixed and I will post as frequently as possible from now on. :-)

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Amnon242 - 07-10-2016

Amur, 4yo (born 9th July 2012).  Average size, I estimate him to be around 210 kg. BTW I took these photos 3 days ago...

Barbary, 6,5 yo. This lion is huge, I estimate him to be of similar size as the tiger. By observing these two, I could clearly see the typical difference between tiger and lion - tiger is longer with more muscular legs, while lion has more robust body and bigger head. Tiger moves are elegant (cat like), while lion moves rather like a bear

Male and female. Fascinating combination of strenght (I think they are more muscular than leopards) and agility.

Another barbary. Brother of the lion above. Different zoo (1 month old photos).

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Polar - 07-10-2016

Actually, for post #227, a bear (even a big one) can be just as elegant and sneaky as a big cat half its size.

The thing is, lions usually move more suddenly like dogs in rapid bursts, while tigers move more smoothly like bears or smaller wild felids. 

11yo, he was 220 kg at the age of 7...this animal is pure muscle

(07-10-2016, 01:43 AM)Polar Wrote: Actually, for post #227, a bear (even a big one) can be just as elegant and sneaky as a big cat half its size.

The thing is, lions usually move more suddenly like dogs in rapid bursts, while tigers move more smoothly like bears or smaller wild felids. 

OK, I just wanted to say that their moves are somwhat clumsy in comparison with other felids...mayby it would be more accurate to say that lion moves like some huge dog.

Young kruger. BTW there are tigers in the next enclosure, but they get along very well

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Amnon242 - 07-11-2016

male amur

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Amnon242 - 07-11-2016

amur tigers again...(not my photos)