WildFact
Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Captive & Domesticated Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-captive-domesticated-animals)
+--- Thread: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity (/topic-zoos-circuses-safaris-a-gallery-of-captivity)

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Dark Jaguar - 03-26-2020

Gigi female cerrado Puma was fortunate enough to earn the dead Pantanal Deer as she shows her tremendous strength.

Leandro takes Tufão cerrado male out of his enclosure to meet Kyra amazonic female but not for mating since its not Leandro's and IOP purpose to mix both population's genetics amazon/cerrado, they only breed animals with the same population/genetics.

At 4:23 min and 4:58 min. you can see Tufão cerrado male's impressive sudden power of explosiveness over Kyra while he gets ''beat up'' by Zabelê ( dog ) willing to break up the conflict  between the cerrado and amazonic beasts.

What a power.

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Dark Jaguar - 03-27-2020

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Hello - 03-29-2020

Healthy Bengal (not my video) I've seen this boy, my estimate 380-400 lbs (average for captive Bengals) There is a bigger one in the zoo around 450-470 pounds.

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Hello - 03-29-2020

My pic of that (450-470 lbs ,17 years old) Bengal,He is all muscles,build close to wild definition.Sorry for the bars.

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Hello - 03-30-2020

Again that 17 year old Bengal in good condition.

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Spalea - 03-31-2020

Does this white lion have a personnal brusher or is it a photoshoped photo ?

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - BorneanTiger - 04-01-2020

2 tigers and 1 lion. Barring the fence, this is as close as one could get to seeing the Asiatic lion and Bengal tiger coexisting in the jungles or tropical forests of India. It's at the zoo of Bannerghatta National Park, located about 22 km (13.67 miles) south of Bengaluru (formerly 'Bangalore') in the South Indian state of Karnataka. Credit: Saravankm
[attachment=3653]

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Pckts - 04-01-2020

Posted by Craig Kennion

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Spalea - 04-02-2020

The Brookfield zoo has 2 new lions again ! Siblings, 4 years old, Titus and Brutus !

https://patch.com/illinois/lagrange/brookfield-zoo-gets-lions-again

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Pckts - 04-03-2020

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Hello - 04-04-2020

Massive forelimbs of Gamin

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Amnon242 - 04-06-2020

Video of Igor from 2013 when he came into that zoo. They say that he is 2.5 yo and nervous/agressive from different enviromnent. He came from ZOO Amneville in France. 

I talked to breeders from that zoo, young guys, big cat enthusiasts. They told me that Igor is still quite "wild" - his grandma (as far as i remember) was born in the wild. This is quite unusual among captive amurs of today and his mentality is obviously different from that of majority of captive amurs...who are really domesticated (in a bad way). He is active, agressive, smart and vigilant. We were talking about him and the breeder said "...see? He is observing us. He lurks. He always does it". I replied "looks like he knows that we are talking about him". Breeder said "its possible, he is very perceptive and disgustingly intelligent"

They had tigers, lions, jaguars and leopards (they dont have leopards any more - because Igor had a lot of cubs so they leopards had to leave and tigers took their enclosures). According to breeders jaguars are the most dangerous. Killers - "psychopats". But they like them most :-)I remember how they talked about enrichment. When they started, their felids (all species) were absolutely uninterested, apathetic...but finally they managed to awake their spirit. 

Igor and his white kruger fiend (my photo from 2015). Igor has good relationship with white krugers in next enclosure. He did not like barbary lions who were in that enclosure before krugers arrived. I think it was because barbary were already there when Igor arrived (nervous/angry) so the beginning of their relationship was not ideal. When krugers came in 2014, Igor was already used to his new home. And he could be glad that the "barbarians" were removed. And krugers were quite young (around 2yo) so he probably didnt see them as enemies. 
In 2013 I saw Igor trying to attack the barbary lion and lioness (of course stopped by the bars...or more probably by an electric wire). He was laying down and licking his fur and the lions stood behind the bars watching him. Suddenly Igor jumped out and run towad the bars and growled aggressively. The lions left the place then and Igor was standing behind the bars, snarling and whipping his tail.

Eyes of Igor (my photo)

Another photos of Igor (not mine)