WildFact
Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Captive & Domesticated Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-captive-domesticated-animals)
+--- Thread: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity (/topic-zoos-circuses-safaris-a-gallery-of-captivity)

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Rage2277 - 02-26-2020

(02-26-2020, 11:34 AM)Hello Wrote:
(01-05-2020, 10:51 AM)Rage2277 Wrote:

big boy not a bad looking captive bengal

@Rage2277 Are you sure that he is a pure bengal considering there are no bengals outside India except for pakistan and nepal
wouldn't doubt there's some admixture,but to be honest he looks more bengal than anything else the face the body,the head,the stripes even the coloration

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Dark Jaguar - 02-27-2020

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Dark Jaguar - 02-27-2020

Brothers playing. These Kids are enjoying themselves.

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Pckts - 02-28-2020

Amur Tiger at the Bronx zoo

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Spalea - 02-29-2020

David Yarrow: " Basic Instinct.⁣⁣

⁣⁣Vayetse is probably the most handsome of Kevin Richardson’s lions and certainly the most famous. This image, taken in a flooded grassland after summer rains, is the strongest I have taken of him for a few years. ⁣⁣
⁣⁣The key was to be low to the lion, close to the lion and yet safe. This mandate would not therefore have been for everyone. Lying in water a foot deep inside a metal cage in an African swamp is not for the precious, but it was my only option. My legs itched for days after, but I guess that was a small price to pay for this image.⁣⁣
⁣⁣It is important in these types of portraits for the eye contact of the lion to be emphatic. If the lion is not looking at me, the power of the image is materially reduced. It will be his eyes that tell us that Vayetse is focused, alert and on the hunt. That “Basic Instinct” was the narrative I was looking for and it is not always easy with a lion.⁣⁣
⁣⁣I am reminded that the eye is the window to the soul. "

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - bigcatlover - 03-01-2020

This nigga lucky af

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Dark Jaguar - 03-02-2020

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Hello - 03-02-2020

Huge 44 inch tall tiger Gamin

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Spalea - 03-11-2020

Kevin Richardson: " Trusting and developing relationships with animals has always come easier to me than trusting and developing relationships with people. Animals, yes even wild ones, have no hidden agendas, unlike their fellow human cohabitants. Which one is more likely to turn on you and therefore which one is more dangerous I ask? "

Kevin Richardson: " This lion is called Bobcat. To say he has touched many people around the world’s hearts is an understatement. Would I say he’s helped spread the message about the plight of both captive and wild lions? Most definitely. Does this give him conservation value? I’d say so. Unfortunately there are so many who still regurgitate the rhetoric that ‘captive lions have no conservation value.’ It would be nice is they uttered something more imaginative. Have Bobcat and the other animals in the sanctuary taught you anything about conservation? "

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Dark Jaguar - 03-11-2020

Interesting playing skirmish, that male jag standing to try to find an opening and control the situation over the female resembles a little the tiger's fighting style.

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Lycaon - 03-12-2020

This Nandankanan zoo lion looks cool.

" target="_blank" class="post_link">

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - ApexKing17 - 03-12-2020

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Hello - 03-13-2020

Aslan's father Tau at 265 kg

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Pckts - 03-14-2020

17 year old Apollo

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Spalea - 03-15-2020

Alex Mustard: " Flourishing corals and top predators. The Jardines de la Reina National Park does a great job looking after the whole reef food chain. Great to see. Sharing pictures while I am the only one here and the internet connection actually works! "