WildFact
Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Captive & Domesticated Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-captive-domesticated-animals)
+--- Thread: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity (/topic-zoos-circuses-safaris-a-gallery-of-captivity)

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Dark Jaguar - 02-03-2020

Sloth hugs girl.

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Rage2277 - 02-04-2020

little ninjas Lol

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Dark Jaguar - 02-06-2020

Leandro and his Cerrado Jags

''How about a bit of exercise with the kids?''

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Dark Jaguar - 02-08-2020

What happens when Pantera tries to get Xavante's food?  

Xavante cerrado male

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Dark Jaguar - 02-09-2020

This happened in a zoo in Bolivia the Jaguar trying to catch the Sloth through the fence.

Thankfuly they managed to save the Sloth eventually. Both animals are fine.

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Shadow - 02-09-2020

(02-09-2020, 02:33 PM)Dark Jaguar Wrote: This happened in a zoo in Bolivia the Jaguar trying to catch the Sloth through the fence.

Thankfuly they managed to save the Sloth eventually. Both animals are fine.

Reminds of that video in which a lioness grabbed tail of a tiger through same kind of fence and then got a good bite and started to pull the tiger backwards against the fence. It was brutal, luckily a male lion came there and interfered, whatever the reason was and lioness had to let that tiger go. Still it makes to think, that how can these people having zoos make this kind of mistakes. They warn people, that don´t put your hand or fingers near the fence and then we see things like this and that tiger episode.... hopefully they have made changes to prevent this kind of incidents in future, it shouldn´t be too difficult if thinking even a moment.

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Spalea - 02-11-2020

Kevin Richardson: " Siam loves his chin scratches. It’s been scientifically shown that lions, like Siam, have a significant oxytocin increase (love and bonding hormone) when positive affiliative interactions like this occur. My oxytocin levels also surge and this is what makes us bond. Watch to the end of the video when my phone gets knocked out my paw and both Siam and I simultaneously enter the cameras frame looking at the phone to see what happened! ?? "

RE: Captive Lion and Tiger weights - Gkumar - 02-11-2020

Lord ivory(white Lion) from Jungle island,miami.Big long skull.

With Male tiger Amar.

When they were younger.

With tigress saraswati

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Shadow - 02-11-2020

@Gkumar  I moved your posting #1740 here because it didn´t look like to have anything to do with weights even though handsome big cats.

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Spalea - 02-12-2020

Kevin Richardson: " Don’t judge my story by the chapter you so happened to walk in on. "

I don't judge. Walking with such a lion was a dream for me when I was a child. Truly glad for you.

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Dark Jaguar - 02-14-2020

Cerrado jag at NEX Institution.

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Dark Jaguar - 02-14-2020

https://www.facebook.com/jaguarbreedingproject/photos/a.743189435727186/2530213937024718/?type=3&theater

The so elusive critically endangered and exotic Golden Lion Tamarin carrying a cub on its back. They're being kept in a Jaguar breeding project-Brazil called Criadouro Onça-Pintada https://www.facebook.com/jaguarbreedingproject/?ref=py_c

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Dark Jaguar - 02-15-2020

Xamã and Yamí at NEX. they're the same cerrado jags from my post #1.700

Jurema and Ferinha at NEX - Cerrado-Brazil

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Shadow - 02-15-2020

No wonder, that Aslan is so fit and pure muscle, he seems to enjoy to exercise... quite astonishing video to watch how he just hangs there like no hurry to anywhere and time to time makes some moves :) 

If someone who haven´t seen Aslan before watches this, in the video from 2016 is said, that 240 kg, but zoo has confirmed that heaviest recorded weight in his prime condition was 253 kg, big boy.

RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity - Gkumar - 02-16-2020

Does anybody know what type of lions are these? they have a short face, shorter in body height and length.