WildFact
Nkhulu males - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Nkhulu males (/topic-nkhulu-males)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: Nkhulu males - Ngonya - 10-18-2023

Dreadlock Delaporte male, the unrelated male of the mighty coalition of 7! - October 16, 2023
His waist/back leg appears to be shaped oddly and unnaturally. Probably consequences of the previous fight with S.Avoca

Does the video gets in strange positions just for me? 

RE: Nkhulu males - Mapokser - 10-18-2023

The smaller PCM runs in the same weird way.

RE: Nkhulu males - BA0701 - 10-18-2023

(10-18-2023, 06:32 AM)Ngonya Wrote: Dreadlock Delaporte male, the unrelated male of the mighty coalition of 7! - October 16, 2023
His waist/back leg appears to be shaped oddly and unnaturally. Probably consequences of the previous fight with S.Avoca

Does the video gets in strange positions just for me? 

Does Dreadlocks have a hanging tooth, like Mazino? Something weird going on there on his left lower jaw.

RE: Nkhulu males - Ttimemarti - 10-20-2023

How is the youngest sick brother doing?

RE: Nkhulu males - BigLion39 - 10-21-2023

(10-18-2023, 06:32 AM)Ngonya Wrote: Dreadlock Delaporte male, the unrelated male of the mighty coalition of 7! - October 16, 2023

I gotta search back older pics before he got caught by S. Avocas. His back leg, if I remember correctly, has been banged up for a while now, since Delaporte coalition.

RE: Nkhulu males - Ngonya - 10-21-2023

(10-20-2023, 11:15 PM)Ttimemarti Wrote: How is the youngest sick brother doing?
Hello, forgive me for taking so long to answer but it was because i really didn't and still don't know what to tell to you.
I'm not sure if he has been seen together with his brothers, after all they have been reported to be separated into groups of 3/4 several times recently... But to be honest i don't remember any sightings with the unhealthy younger brother.
And thinking about it now that u asked, this could be a reason for concern. But hopefully some update on the coalition will be made sooner or later and maybe we will have photos of it, or maybe someone can tell us something!

RE: Nkhulu males - Ttimemarti - 10-21-2023

(10-21-2023, 07:59 PM)Ngonya Wrote:
(10-20-2023, 11:15 PM)Ttimemarti Wrote: How is the youngest sick brother doing?
Hello, forgive me for taking so long to answer but it was because i really didn't and still don't know what to tell to you.
I'm not sure if he has been seen together with his brothers, after all they have been reported to be separated into groups of 3/4 several times recently... But to be honest i don't remember any sightings with the unhealthy younger brother.
And thinking about it now that u asked, this could be a reason for concern. But hopefully some update on the coalition will be made sooner or later and maybe we will have photos of it, or maybe someone can tell us something!

Same I am worried but i think it’s normal to not see a big coalition together when they are trying to take a pride/ area sometimes but they are all in the same general area?

RE: Nkhulu males - Ngonya - 10-21-2023

(10-21-2023, 08:02 PM)Ttimemarti Wrote: Same I am worried but i think it’s normal to not see a big coalition together when they are trying to take a pride/ area sometimes but they are all in the same general area?

Yes, every time they are seen it is somewhere around Kruger or, now mainly in the Southern sectors of Sabi Sand, like Kirkmans Kamp... etc..

RE: Nkhulu males - Cath2020 - 10-22-2023

(10-21-2023, 10:36 AM)BigLion39 Wrote:

I gotta search back older pics before he got caught by S. Avocas. His back leg, if I remember correctly, has been banged up for a while now, since Delaporte coalition.

Honestly, I don't think there is anything wrong with Dreadlock's hind leg(s).  He was seen walking perfectly normally less than a month after the attack in one close-up footage.  Think the attack just banged him up a bit and he was bruised overall, but nothing that destroyed his ligaments or hindered them long-term.  If he does have an issue, then I don't believe it's from the S. Avocas as it's been awhile now since that incident.

RE: Nkhulu males - Mapokser - 10-23-2023

5 Nkhulus:

RE: Nkhulu males - BigLion39 - 10-24-2023

(10-22-2023, 02:40 AM)Cath2020 Wrote: Honestly, I don't think there is anything wrong with Dreadlock's hind leg(s).

Yeah I don't see anything that hinders him but he's had a "gitty up" in that back leg since Delaporte coalition unless thats just how he walks! Lol!

RE: Nkhulu males - Horizon - 10-25-2023

" target="_blank" class="post_link">

Six male lions, a crocodile, and a buffalo carcass! Field guide Aaron Pincus and his guests encountered the Nkhulu male coalition feeding on a buffalo kill. As they approached the sighting, there was a crocodile near the buffalo carcass, which eventually moved off, making for an extraordinary safari experience!

RE: Nkhulu males - Ngonya - 10-25-2023

(10-25-2023, 02:12 PM)Horizon Wrote:
" target="_blank" class="post_link">

Finally something of 6 of them together.

However, the absence of 1 male keeps me somewhat a little worried. Could this 'missing' brother be the youngest and unhealthy boy?

R

RE: Nkhulu males - Tr1x24 - 10-25-2023

(10-25-2023, 06:17 PM)Ngonya Wrote: However, the absence of 1 male keeps me somewhat a little worried. Could this 'missing' brother be the youngest and unhealthy boy?

Prob, as Dreadlocks is there.

I didnt see youngest on any sightings in a while.

RE: Nkhulu males - Ngonya - 10-25-2023

(10-25-2023, 06:19 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(10-25-2023, 06:17 PM)Ngonya Wrote: However, the absence of 1 male keeps me somewhat a little worried. Could this 'missing' brother be the youngest and unhealthy boy?

Prob, as Dreadlocks is there.

I didnt see youngest on any sightings in a while.
exactly. 
What disturbs me a little bit is they claiming that 6 males were there but only record 1.