WildFact
Nkhulu males - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Nkhulu males (/topic-nkhulu-males)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: Nkhulu males - Ngonya - 11-28-2023

Dreadlock De Laporte in Skukuza KNP

RE: Nkhulu males - afortich - 11-28-2023

(11-28-2023, 07:03 PM)Ngonya Wrote:
(11-28-2023, 10:21 AM)afortich Wrote:

Ye posted already

Got it, thanks. I didn't see this video.

RE: Nkhulu males - Ngonya - 11-29-2023

"The 7th & oldest member of the 7 Nkhulu males, Dreadlocks De Laporte. Seen recently repping some new face scars, what a warrior."
it is said that he was with one of the 6 Nkhulu and 1 lioness.

by: @javieralonso501

RE: Nkhulu males - Ngonya - 12-01-2023

5th Nkhulu and Dreadlock De Laporte

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Nkhulu males - Ngonya - 12-02-2023

Nkhulu male #3 (Amber Eyes) with lioness in Kirkmans Kamp 

RE: Nkhulu males - Ngonya - 12-03-2023

2/7 Nkhulu brothers with a lioness in Lion Sands.
Looks like male #6 and other brother that i cant ID laying next to the female

RE: Nkhulu males - Ngonya - 12-08-2023

Nkhulu male #2, Snip Tail in Kirkman's Kamp

RE: Nkhulu males - Ngonya - 12-08-2023

Kirkman's Kamp
"In the shade of the savannah, the mighty Nhkulu male lion takes a moment to rest, his watchful eye overseeing the vast territories now claimed by his coalition brothers."
"This tranquil scene symbolizes strength, unity, and the shared responsibility of safeguarding their newfound dominion."
Nkhulu #6

RE: Nkhulu males - BA0701 - 12-09-2023

(11-27-2023, 06:07 PM)Ngonya Wrote: 7/7 Nkhulu, all brothers and their partner Dreadlock with 2 lionesses. By Erin Bair

#6 AKA Limper

#1 AKA Smudge

Limper greets his brother Smudge

5th

Dreadlock and two lionesses, probably from the Sand River pride

a little tired of using daily motion which is very bad for posting videos... does anyone know how I could post videos directly? This embed system is mediocre, not to say bad.

It all depends on where you are embedding the original video from. WildFact is hosted by Google, and as such uses their web creator tools, so sites like Youtube embed perfectly. Other sites, which can be seen as direct competitors with Google products, they don't embed as flawlessly. Some, like Instagram, I have found to be hit or miss, some videos and photos embed perfectly, others, no matter how I try to embed them they don't embed well at all. Videos from Twitter/X don't seem to embed at all.

By the way, I wanted to commend you on the fabulous job you are doing at keeping this thread updated. With these frequent updates, Nkhulus are becoming very well known, and we are all seeing our knowledge of them expanded upon. So, thank you, very much!

RE: Nkhulu males - Horizon - 12-09-2023

(12-09-2023, 05:39 AM)BA0701 Wrote: By the way, I wanted to commend you on the fabulous job you are doing at keeping this thread updated.
Yes. Great work, thank you Ngonya!

RE: Nkhulu males - Ngonya - 12-09-2023

(12-09-2023, 05:39 AM)BA0701 Wrote: It all depends on where you are embedding the original video from. WildFact is hosted by Google, and as such uses their web creator tools, so sites like Youtube embed perfectly.
Well, that makes sense. I'll keep it on dailymotion and eventually maybe use YouTube for embed

(12-09-2023, 05:39 AM)BA0701 Wrote: By the way, I wanted to commend you on the fabulous job you are doing at keeping this thread updated.
(12-09-2023, 06:08 AM)Horizon Wrote: Yes. Great work, thank you Ngonya!

I honesty really appreciate it, thanks guys.

The Nkhulu are the coalition that i have most enjoyed following and searching about in recent months. Depending on which direction they take (Expand to Sabi Sand or KNP) it will become easier or more difficult to follow them, so I like to share about them as much as i can. 
These 6 boys have a lot of potential and i hope they are as successful as their fathers Mantimahles. With the help of the notorious Dreadlocks their potential only increases, lets see what future holds for them.

again, thanks!

RE: Nkhulu males - Ngonya - 12-11-2023

Nkhulu #4 in KNP

RE: Nkhulu males - Ngonya - 12-14-2023

1 of 7 Nkhulu males in Lion Sands
Nkhulu #6, looking great 

RE: Nkhulu males - Ngonya - 12-15-2023

"We never get over seeing so many male lions together. The Nkuhlu coalition has really made an impression on everyone visiting Lion Sands.⁠"
Dreadlocks (in front) - #3 (walks by) - #6 (background)

video by: Francois Fourie - @francoisfouriewildlife⁠

RE: Nkhulu males - Wyld@Heart - 12-16-2023

Just to be a pedant for a minute, apologies in advance about that. I don't really know the origins of these males but I'm assuming (?) these males originate from the pride around the Nkuhlu picnic spot/Nkuhlu Tented Camp between Skukuza and Lower Sabie?

Bear in mind the spelling of Nkuhlu, with the H after the K. Nkhulu in Zulu is big, Nkuhlu in Xitsonga is the name of the Natal Mahogany, I think. Difference in meaning aside, if the coalition is named after the pride in that area having originated from them, should it not be Nkuhlu? The difference in pronunciation is also noticeable. In 'Nkhulu' the H is silent (In-koo-loo being as close as approximation as I can think of) while the H in 'Nkuhlu' is pronounced (In-koo-hloo). 

Don't feel bad about it. I also used to say and spell Nkhulu and myself only learned the correct spelling and pronunciation of Nkuhlu after years of stopping there despite it being quite obvious on all the maps and signs. Anyway, gentlepeople... as you were.